Download

Traditional Folk Music from Âu Lạc (Vietnam) (In Aulacese)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (60MB)    MP4(82MB)   MP3(20MB)
Today’s A Journey through Aesthetic Realms will be presented in Aulacese (Vietnamese), with subtitles in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

Âu Lạc (Vietnam) is a nation with a longstanding traditional culture. Aulacese musical heritage is bountiful; since ancient times, many soul-stirring musical instruments have been created with diverse sounds like those of the copper drum, gong, lithophone, bamboo xylophone, cymbals, and panpipe.

In 2003, Elegant Music, a style of Huế royal court music, was recognized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as an intangible cultural heritage of the world. Âu Lạc’s music represents the unique features of each region, for example, Quan Họ folksongs in the north, Huế tunes in the central, and modern folk opera in the south.

In addition, there are many other forms of music, including hò, lý, ceremonial songs, Aulacese classical theatre, chèo traditional opera, hồ quảng opera, and so on. Indeed, the essence of music is imbued in the hearts of people in this beautiful country, and has been cultivated until this day.

In today’s program, we’re pleased to introduce some of the folk songs and musical genres representative of Âu Lạc. With the gods and fairies’ blessing, the animals’ friendship and gentle human affection, life is happy and peaceful, filled with grace and love amongst all beings as in the beautiful legend of long ago.

“The earthly world Overflows with love and kindness Weaving dreams of Happiness that embraces everyone For love to permeate all lives.” The song “A Happy Legend,” a southern Aulacese folk tune, lyrics and performance by our vegan Association members, will now be presented.

May you grow up to be beautiful and virtuous. The gods and fairies Bless the world, Protect humanity everywhere. All beings love one another, Sharing moments of joy and sadness. The animals Bless the world Protect humanity everywhere, All beings love one another Building a life brimful of bliss. The earthly world Overflows with love and kindness Weaving dreams of Happiness that embraces everyone For love to permeate all lives.

The gods and fairies Bless the world, Protect humanity everywhere. All beings love one another, Sharing moments of joy and sadness. A Summon: To participate in the Conference World Vegan, World Peace The animals Bless the world Protect humanity everywhere, All beings love one another Building a life brimful of bliss. The gods and fairies Bless the world, Protect humanity everywhere.

All beings love one another, Sharing moments of joy and sadness. The animals Bless the world Protect humanity everywhere, All beings love one another Building a life brimful of bliss. An Invitation: Seven-day Retreat to Pray for World Vegan, World Peace The earthly world Overflows with love and kindness Weaving dreams of Happiness that embraces everyone For love to permeate all lives.

A Happy Legend Like beautiful flowers, friendships blossom in the springtime festival, amidst the simple dancing and singing. Reluctant to part, they seek to reunite, wishing to tie a lasting relationship. We now invite you to enjoy the song “Springtime Leisure,” a Quảng Nam folk genre, with vocals by Thu Hương, Phương Thủy, Dương Quý and Nguyên Khánh.

Calling one another. Young and beautiful ladies In her blouse and trousers, she walks out Scarlet blouse shines brightly. How pretty her pink blouse is! O beloved! O beloved! O sister, O dear! Let us together walk and sing. Enjoy the moon and breeze To our hearts’ content Lest the moon wanes.

Though uneven is the road I still feel happy. My heart sings with joy. I cross the forest, looking for my beloved To tie the pink thread of lasting bond. Though uneven is the road I still feel happy. My heart sings with joy. I cross the forest, looking for my beloved To tie the pink thread of lasting bond.

A blue bird perches on an apricot branch I miss you dearly, what should I do?

Loving you as you grind the full mortar of rice Rice is only half left in the mortar Yet I still love you.

A blue bird perches on an apricot branch I miss you dearly, what should I do?

Loving you as you grind the full mortar of rice Rice is only half left in the mortar Yet I still love you.

Xẩm singing is an Aulacese genre used by the troubadours in the olden time. According to the Đại Nam National Language Dictionary compiled by scholar Paulus Huỳnh Tịnh Của, the word “xẩm” means “dark” or “blind.” Legend has it that xẩm singing was founded by Prince Trần Quốc Đĩnh, a son of King Trần Thánh Tông in the 13th century.

The prince himself became sightless after a calamity which forced him to live among the commoners. He kindheartedly taught xẩm singing to the blind to give them a means to earn a living by performing on the streets. Therefore, xẩm singing is often associated with blind minstrels. Nowadays, wandering xẩm singing no longer exists, but has become an on-stage performance as a unique traditional art.

Besides the main styles such as market, love or ten favors of gratitude, xẩm singers also perform other folk tunes beautifully. Musical instruments which accompany xẩm singing include the two-string lute, two-string vertical fiddle, a thin drum, a set of wooden bells, and sometimes the flute.

In a foreign land, one endlessly longs for the rice-scented harvest days, the moonlit nights’ waiting for the beloved, the banyan tree at the village entrance - all sweet memories fill the heart of the one away from home.

“On the path of old I walk Where are my friends, O dearest ones? I miss the banyan tree, communal house Cool, clear well used to be my mirror.” The song “Longing for Homeland,” a northern Aulacese xẩm singing genre, will now be presented by Hồng Ngát. Please enjoy.

Time of youthful innocence is over Half a life away from my homeland I now walk on the path of old. On the path of old I walk Where are my friends, O dearest ones? I miss the banyan tree, communal house Cool, clear well used to be my mirror Each harvest season permeated with rice scent Each harvest season permeated with rice scent The countryside is bustling, the house filled with rice straw Lemon trees, grapefruit trees, flock of chickens Are still happy as if welcoming my return I long for the moon in my motherland.

I long for the moon in my motherland, moonlit nights waiting for my beloved on the levee at the village entrance Where are the ferries? Mother carried her wares, walking briskly on the slippery road I long for the moon in my motherland, moonlit nights waiting for my beloved on the levee at the village entrance Where are the ferries? Where are the ferries?

Mother carried her wares, walking briskly on the slippery road Away from home, strangers become friends, Yet I still deeply miss my innocent youth The homeland I yearn for everyday The homeland I yearn for everyday Homeland is an unceasing longing, O friend!

Thank you for watching today’s program about traditional folk music in Âu Lạc (Vietnam). Please tune in to Supreme Master Television for more Aulacese folk music in future broadcasts. Coming up is Vegetarianism: The Noble Way of Living, after Noteworthy News. So long for now.

Thank you for watching today’s program about traditional folk music in Âu Lạc (Vietnam). Coming up is Vegetarianism: The Noble Way of Living, after Noteworthy News. So long for now.

Supreme Master Ching Hai has sent gifts to artists contributing to the Aulacese traditional folk music programs on Supreme Master Television. They have expressed their appreciation for Master’s loving concern.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/10348

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples