Download

Qasem Ramishgar, Renowned Singer, Guitarist, Composer from Afghanistan (In Dari)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (40MB)    MP4(54MB)   MP3(13MB)
Today’s A Journey through Aesthetic Realms will be presented in Dari, with subtitles in Arabic, Aulacese (Vietnamese), Aulacese (Vietnamese), Chinese, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese,Persian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.

Welcome, friendly viewers. Today we have the privilege to meet internationally famous composer, guitarist, and singer from Kabul, Afghanistan, Mr. Qasem Ramishgar. Mr. Ramishgar is the head of Afghanistan Music Center. His beautiful compositions are frequently aired on Afghan national television.

Furthermore, Mr. Ramishgar has performed at a variety of the world’s musical festivals. His song track for the award-winning film, “Apple from Paradise,” won best music award. Widely loved by music fans both in and outside of Afghanistan, he is also a respected judge on the Afghan Star – TOLO TV’s popular music talent show.

Mr. Ramishgar’s affinity to music can be traced back to 27 years ago, when he first graduated from the Arts Faculty of Kabul University with a major in music.

I was 10 when I started at the School of Music. I had a special interest in guitar. Fortunately, I chose to major in the guitar. Following that, situations developed in a way that I started working in the most popular music band called “Gule Sorkh.” We went to international festivals. Following that was the time that I lived for 10 years in Moscow. We had artistic trips. Almost 9 concerts in North America. We had concerts in Russia as well.

Mr. Ramishgar’s music is rich with contemporary significance and spiritual meaning. Composed on the guitar, Mr. Ramishgar’s music gives new vitality to Afghanistan’s noble cultural heritage. One of his songs, Jirga, is about this peaceful assembly, in which people sit together to find solutions harmoniously.

The heritage of Jirga (assembly) Has been left for us from ancestors Either today or tomorrow This homeland will be built soon The heritage of Jirga (assembly) Has been left for us from ancestors Either today or tomorrow This homeland will be built soon

From now on among us All the separation is over Come so that we can be sweet All this bitterness is over From now on among us All the separation is over Come so that we can be sweet All this bitterness is over A call on Afghans The union is coming A call on Afghans The union is coming The heritage of Jirga (assembly) Has been left for us from ancestors Either today or tomorrow This homeland will be built soon.

In Afghanistan all ethnicities including Pashtuns, Tajiks, Hazaras, Uzbeks, and Turkmens have a tradition for an occasion where a problem arises in the community and then they hold the assembly. Jirga is like a general conference where they sit down and solve the arising problem. And it even reflects the reconciliation between the people of Afghanistan and Pakistan, that we have lots of common aspects.

The hearts of Kabul and Khyber We will make it to be the mirrors If someone is adrift from the path We will bring him to the path by jirga (assembly) The hearts of Kabul and Khyber We will make it to be the mirrors If someone is adrift from the path We will bring him to the path by jirga (assembly) Up you, O homeland The beautiful sun is about to rise.

Mr. Ramishgar’s songs seek to give voice to the inner lives of Afghan people, who hold profound faith and deep yearning for spiritual liberation. One of his most welcomed songs, “Elteja,” blends guitar, drum, and flute with transcendental lyrics, the traditional pentatonic scale, and an Afghan meditative melody. This song is often aired on TOLO TV during the month of Ramadan and on Friday as well as other religious days.

The people of Afghanistan are very religious. At the time of praying to God or when being alone, Afghans and Muslims and anyone who has faith in God will certainly possess a meditative state.

The poem is of course a meditation, the situation of mental concentration of the poet which I have experienced.

I’m drowning in the ocean of sin O God, forgive me! I’m drowning in the ocean of sin O God, forgive me! I’m regretful about my sin O God, forgive me! I’m alone, You are my friend I’m ill, You are my curer Heal me for the sake of mercy O God, forgive me! Drowning in the ocean…

The music of pentatonic is special to the East and is used in the West in some improvisations as well. There are pentatonic scales in China, in Thailand, Laos. And there are pentatonic scales which are more different in mountainous regions of Afghanistan and in the regions between Afghanistan and Pakistan. The pentatonic that I used is specific to Afghanistan.

Thus I’m in wonder O God, forgive me! I’m drowning in the ocean of sin O God, forgive me!

In addition to exploring the soul’s journey, Mr. Ramishgar believes every song has a special message to the world. The song entitled “Dar Intezare Baran” (Waiting for the Rain), for example, calls attention to the trauma that wartime left in the lives of the young generation.

Our little tree Was waiting for the rain Our little tree Was waiting for the rain Due to the ruined fortune We were filled with drought...

The Institute of Music where Mr. Ramishgar works has established a music club in his name, which emphasizes both the beauty and social and spiritual responsibility of music. The noted artist is looking forward to a bright future in his homeland.

Fortunately the Institute of Music has been revived, which is appreciable in the sense that it is presenting a new generation of musicians to the community of Afghanistan. And I’m certain that they will be the ones who would reflect much better messages about the current problems of our community in their artworks and (I hope) the people pay attention to the solutions (to those problems).

Let us now enjoy “Nawa,” a vibrant song composed by Mr. Ramishgar, expressing the hope and excitement of waiting for the arrival of the Light and Music of God.

O chanting, O voice O hope, O tone O you, the Light of God I’m waiting, come! O chanting, O voice O hope, O tone O you, the Light of God I’m waiting, come!

You said I’m the fire I said to you I’m alight So that you can light up I’m aflame You said I’m the fire I said to you I’m alight So that you can light up I’m aflame O chanting, O voice O hope, O tone O you, the Light of God I’m waiting, come! O chanting, O voice O hope, O tone O you, the Light of God I’m waiting, come!

Our sincere thankfulness, Mr. Qasem Ramishgar for generously spending time with us and sharing your beautiful music. We wish you many more splendid years of uplifting the spirit of the people of Afghanistan and the world with your enthralling melodious offerings.

Lively viewers, thank you for your company today. Please stay tuned to Supreme Master Television for Vegetarianism: The Noble Way of Living, after Noteworthy News. May your heart be peaceful and happy.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/10493

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples