Download

Vegan Organic for Prosperity and to Save the Planet from Climate Change P8/8 Oct. 22, 2009 - Indonesia    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (127MB)    MP4(328MB)  
MC(m): Our next question is from Mr. I Made Sukadana, a property businessman.

IMS(m): Welcome,Master.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Hallo.

IMS(m):In one lecture that was shown by Supreme Master Television,I saw Master saying that if we all become vegan, then within a couple of weeks only, we could see the result. Could you please elaborate more on how this can happen? Thank you.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Yes,Mr. Sukadana. How are you? IMS(m): Good.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: I'm glad that you are here and I'm glad that you asked a very good question. I didn't say a couple of weeks, I said a few weeks, like 8 weeks. Okay,8 weeks,2 months.

It's nothing miraculous, Mr. Sukadana. But you know miracles do happen as well. Now,we talk scientifically. As I have said before, if the world's people all become vegans,we will see a dramatic change in a short period of time, a couple of months. Nature will rebound almost before our eyes, almost overnight,and we may see the oceans healthy again, the cyclones silenced, earthquakes calmed, forests re-growing,etc. These changes would be just the beginning signs of a real Eden on Earth. Actually,there is the physical scientific reason,as well as the spiritual karmic explanation for this.

First,for the scientific reasons,is that, without any more meat or dairy consumption, the livestock industry would shut down. Without the mad breeding of cows,pigs,sheep, chickens,and other animals,and fishing, and without the need to constantly grow crops to feed them,we would eliminate the biggest, most urgent problems of the environment- that is the methane and other gases that heat up our planet. The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization said that the livestock industry is the major cause of the most pressing world problems,namely, global warming, land degradation, air and water pollution, and loss of biodiversity.

Can you believe this? It's like that. For example, global warming: with no animal breeding industries, we immediately stop the number one cause of greenhouse gas emissions. Not just CO2, not just carbon dioxide, but also methane, nitrous oxide, black carbon from burning down the trees for the livestock, and also toxic gases like hydrogen sulfide. This kind of gas,even if you just breathe once, you die immediately,if it's a strong enough concentration. Some of them are much more potent than CO2, like nitrous oxide.

The livestock sector is the number one source of nitrous oxide emissions, and it is almost 300 times more heat-trapping than CO2 over a 100-year period. Now,methane and black carbon are what scientists call short-lived gases, meaning,although they are very potent climate warmers,they dissipate and exit the atmosphere very quickly. And it's not just global warming we are talking about.

If we are vegan, we don't have to worry about avian flu, which was found in 22 out of 33 provinces in Indonesia alone, and has caused millions of poultry deaths and caused many human fatalities in Indonesia - more human deaths in your country than in any other country due to the deadly form of avian flu. If we are vegan, Indonesia's coral reefs, known as the 『Amazon of the Seas』 for their thousands of marine species,will be left in peace and beauty, and will protect us. The coral reef is a protector of our lives, of the sea. Right now it is endangered, the coral reef, due to overfishing, which includes a destructive form that uses gruesome methods like cyanide poisoning and blasting the fish with bombs and dynamite. My God.

The World Resources Institute stated that these types of fishing only bring short-term Profit and will cost the Indonesian economy more than US$600 million in losses over 20 years. Moreover, around the world, countless enormous ocean dead zones will have a chance to return to life,because the rivers and the lakes that were polluted by manure and toxic fertilizers for animal feed will be left alone to purify themselves and recover. Also,when we stop vacuuming all the poor fish out of the sea, they will have a chance to restore the balance in the oceans. We desperately need the fish in the sea to balance the ocean; otherwise our lives will be in danger.

God puts them there for a reason. By the way,at least one-third of all the world's fish caught and murdered today is fed to livestock - not to us humans even. On land, millions of hectares will be spared livestock's serious effects of soil erosion, deforestation,poisonous water pollution,and displacement of wildlife, if all turn to vegan.

Scientists found that forests are resilient and can grow back if given a chance - very fast. We have seen that evidence in some parts of the world. The scientists also observed that when the ocean is healthy again, even the dead coral reefs will revive themselves. Imagine! Nature is miraculous and incredible. But in order to witness nature's recovery, we must not let our current way of life continue. We cannot continue this way, or else we will pass the point of no return and then we will have a runaway planetary crisis; then we might lose the whole planet or the life on the planet.

Another factor to consider is,sir: the vegan solution is the fastest and most effective because any other solution such as sustainable technologies will take too long to perfect and use. For example,in Indonesia, your precious forests are being cut down to grow palm oil to be used as biofuel energy,and we thought that will help to minimize the CO2. We are wrong. It's a failure,causing more destruction and more greenhouse gas emissions than it saves.

In fact,it's releasing the world's third largest amount of carbon emissions, because of biofuel… in the wrong way. You see, the green technology is not always reliable. This is particularly very tragic because Indonesia has the world's third biggest rainforest, only behind the Amazon and the Congo. Yet,your rainforest is being lost at an alarming rate of one football field per minute. Every minute,Indonesia loses one football-field-size of rainforest. God.

And the United Nations says that 98% of the whole forest could be gone in just 15 years - your forest, 15 years,sir, the year of your newborn child to grow up as a teenager. Ninety-eight percent - so why don't we just say 100% will be gone? What's the difference two more percent makes to us anymore? Actually,not all of this palm oil product is used as biofuel even. Part of the palm oil products goes to make livestock feed.

Imagine,everything goes to the animals. In the name of biofuel even,it will also go there to feed the livestock. Everything goes to the animals. Everything to the animal industry and we don't have much. So we can see how many activities are linked to this destructive practice of animal raising. Fortunately,we have the solution ready at hand, sir,which is the organic vegan solution. It's so simple,so easy, we might overlook it. We might not believe it. But if we look into all the scientific and the physical evidence so far, we have to accept this organic vegan solution as the one and only to save our planet right now. Instead of spending more money on new technology, we even save money from having to buy meat and subsidize meat with our tax dollars. We simply cannot depend on green technology alone,sir.

Now,there is also an invisible aspect to the reversal in the destruction. A compassionate person harms no one and, therefore,brings no harm upon himself. That is why in Buddhism, they say that the moment we drop the butcher's knife,then we are protected, then we can become the Buddha,the saint. It's really like that. We hear real stories about hospital patients who had a terminal sickness like cancer, turned vegetarian or vegan,and then the tumor disappeared, so operations were cancelled and doctors were very astonished.

So,people turned vegans and the terminal cancer situation was gone and operations cancelled and the doctors were very surprised. Because the vegan diet protects us from inside out, starting immediately, so that all kinds of calamities will avoid us, stay away from us. And on a bigger scale, our planet will also be healed. Just like an individual being healed by turning to a compassionate diet- like attracts like.

The good,loving, compassionate energy will ward off the darkness that is looming toward us,that is next to us right now. We will,in short,have a paradise on Earth. If you have ever wondered what that might be like, we may soon live to see the day when all beings will truly live by your nation's motto,that is 『Unity in Diversity』- in oneness, understanding,caring, faith,and happiness. I invite everyone to share the hopeful vision that we will save the planet, and will make it a Heaven one. Thank you for your open-minded question, Mr. Sukadana. God Bless you.

MC(f): Thank you, Supreme Master Ching Hai. It is a great blessing for all of us here in Indonesia and for all humanity throughout the world. Thank you,Master.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Thank you, thank you,all of you. Thank you,Indonesia.

MC(f): Supreme Master Ching Hai, we have some good news to share with you and everyone.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Ah! That's good.

MC(f): Supreme Master Ching Hai's international bestselling book 『The Birds in My Life,』 Indonesian version, has just been officially launched to coincide with this seminar.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Thank you,thank you. Very kind. Very kind of you.

MC(f): The book is about how diverse and beautiful our animal friends are. We're all very happy to have your book with the Indonesian people here and we hope the love in the book prevails all around,and people's loving mind can be awakened more.

MC(m): Congratulations, Supreme Master Ching Hai! MC(f): Congratulations,Master!

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Thank you,thank you. Thank you so much.

MC(m): We also sincerely thank the publishing company, PT. Gramedia, for the book launch and for their efforts to be green and environment-friendly.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Thank you. Good for the animals, good for us. Thank you so much.

MC(f): Thank you again, Supreme Master Ching Hai, for giving us the gift of your delightful book in Indonesian!

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Hope you enjoy.

MC(m): And now,through a series of performances of traditional dances gathered from the distant corners of Indonesia,a group of members of the Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association wish to convey their love to Indonesia and the world.

MC(f): The dance is in celebration of Master's book launch in Indonesia and also to serve as one representation of the many beautiful cultural heritages that exist throughout the world that each of us can now make efforts to preserve through our life-saving actions. Let us welcome our dancers with warm applause!

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Yes!Spectacular! Spectacular! Wonderful! So beautiful! Thank you.

MC(m): Truly great performance! It was amazing to see this marvelous performance. This medley was really beautiful, 7 dances from 7 regions around Indonesia, representing Indonesia's 33 provinces.

MC(m): What a beautiful and diverse country we live in.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: And who performed them? Professionals?

MC(f): No,they are all from our Association,Master.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: I thought so!

MC(f): Yes,very good.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: I'm proud of you. I'm very proud of you!

MC(f): Thank you,Master!

Supreme Master Ching Hai: You represent your country very well! Allah bless you, Allah bless you.

MC(f): Thank you.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Indonesian people are so beautiful, so good looking as well! Yes,and the children were so cute and healthy, energetic,full of energy, and all vegan? Good example. Now audience, you look at that. Don't you want your children to be like that? They are good examples!

MC(f): Yes,Master, they are all vegetarian kids.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Yes. Vegan! MC(f): Yes,vegan.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: In the beginning, I told people it's okay to be vegetarian, slowly change to vegan. And now we are all vegan. All vegan. Very good. Beautiful. Thank you so much for this exciting,incredible, energetic performance.

MC (f&m): Thank you,Master.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: I love Indonesia even more after this. They are beautiful! Such a culture!

MC(f): Thank you.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: So colorful,beautiful! Yes,please go ahead. I am just still impressed. Go ahead,go ahead.

MC(f): Thank you,Master. Supreme Master Ching Hai, before we close our seminar, would you like to have a closing speech for us?

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Yes. I would like to thank the people. I would like to have more thanks to the people, to express my appreciation to all the caring presences and your devotion at this important meeting. I am very honored to be invited and be among all the precious guests who have made this occasion special with your sincere,beautiful, enthusiastic presence and very supportive atmosphere. And this, including the Minister of the Environment, Mr. Rachmat Witoelar. Thank you,sir.

And also all the dignitaries and engaged audience members. My appreciation also for the gracious and hardworking organizers and the beautiful dancers. We are indeed standing at a pivotal time in our history on the planet,with the choice still available to make mighty steps in the constructive direction of our evolution. I pray that this conference has spoken to your compassionate heart,to change the world,to your vision of a bright new vegan future,a new compassionate world,and to your determination to help create this vision: a survived,thriving planet of peace,health,and happiness for all to enjoy.

May Heaven give us all the strength. May Allah bless us with courage and love and faith to strive until this dream comes true. Heaven bless you. Allah bless Indonesia. Wish you success and blessings to you all.

MC(f): Thank you,Master, very much for your precious time,Master.

MC(m): Thank you, Supreme Master Ching Hai, for your precious time and for your presence here with us today.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Thank you. God bless us all. Thank you.

MC(f): Bye,Master! We love you!

Supreme Master Ching Hai: So long for now. I love you more. God loves us. MC(f): Thank you.

MC(f): Through today's seminar, we have gained much valuable information. We have learned that the organic vegan lifestyle is the fastest and most effective and long-lasting solution for our planet. It is the solution that will halt climate change, and even bring improvements to our one,and home,planet. Our beautiful Earth will become better because of the loving energy that we generate through living the compassionate meat-free lifestyle.

MC(m): The plant-based diet stops the killing cycle and reduces our carbon footprint considerably. Planting trees,adopting green technologies and using sustainable energy helps too. But as we have seen, these approaches take a longer time, and time is a luxury that we do not have.

MC(m): This brings our seminar to a close. We sincerely hope that you have found it to be interesting and of course informative.

MC(f): The solution that has been presented is one that will simply recover what we have lost and transform this world into the paradise that we so much desire it to be. We really appreciate your kind attention and thank you for coming.

MC(f): Let us hope God Almighty blesses our efforts in saving this beautiful planet. Thank you once again.

MC(m&f): Be vegan! Go green! Save the planet! MC(f): Shall we say it together? MC(m): Can we say it together and out loud? 1,2,3… MC(m&f): Be vegan! Go green! Save the planet! MC(m): Please repeat once again, together. MC(m) & MC(f): Be vegan! Go green! Save the planet! MC(f): Together we can save the planet. MC(m): Good night. Enjoy the rest of your evening. Thank you MC(f&m): and bye-bye.

Vegetarian food is indeed very delicious. We learn not to use meat as was said at the seminar, and we should always eat vegetarian food in order to reduce methane in the atmosphere.

Vegetarian food also has important benefits for all of us,that is,to mitigate global warming.

Interviewee (f): I think she (Supreme Master Ching Hai) is so amazing! She is the most incredible woman that I have ever met! She seeks to recover the world as to how it should be. Today there is global warming, and it occurs everywhere, as well as drought, thus causing the glaciers to shift. The solutions given in the seminar are indeed very good to avoid all of these. She founded a vegan organization in order to reduce methane in the atmosphere. That is amazing!

What is your opinion on this seminar?

Tasya (f): In my opinion, it is very good. This seminar talks about global warming and how the vegetarian diet will be able to mitigate the effects of global warming because vegetarians do not consume meat from animals, and if more and more people become vegetarian, the waste from livestock farming,which is the biggest contributor to global warming, can also be reduced. So,in addition to a healthy life, the environment can also be maintained. She (Supreme Master Ching Hai) is a wonderful, wonderful person and she is so humble and she is so kind. She always tries to help people and to help the environment to get better and better.

My dearest,my sweetheart We will meet again, oh my dearest!
When you are far away, please remember me always!

Let's gather together Let's eat peanuts until they're all empty inside

Let's arrange our bananas, My banana is not ripe yet
A ripe banana we share A ripe banana we share
My green mango, my ripe mango The wood is broken
Burned by fire The flames leap and sparkle

Shining diamond dancing in boundless happiness

On the first date,you ask, 『Where do you come from?』 『What is your surname?』 I am asking because I would like to know
Grandma/Grandpa, your grandson would like to cross the ocean Waving my handkerchief to say goodbye
Grandma/Grandpa, your grandson would like to cross the ocean Waving my handkerchief to say goodbye

Hi,all my friends, let's come together! Hi,all my friends, let's come together!
Develop our villages for a good purpose Do not stand idle Work diligently with our faith and honesty
Develop our villages for a good purpose Do not stand idle Work diligently with our faith and honesty

Be in high spirits Don't wait anymore Be in high spirits Don't wait anymore
Be in high spirits Don't wait anymore Be in high spirits Don't wait anymore

Be veg! Go green! Save the planet!

Chacha Frederica Young Indonesia Television Actress and Presenter This seminar is very good. This kind of seminar should be held more,and as often as possible, to raise awareness in all the people in the world about maintaining and preserving our home. We don't just use it but we also need to know how to keep it - not only for our generation but for generations of our successors.

She (Supreme Master Ching Hai) is very good because she can convey the message well to all societies on Earth to please be aware of something that is already happening and please keep,and take care of,this planet. Be veg! Go green! And save the planet!
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/7077

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples