Download

Supreme Master Ching Hai on the Environment: Organic Farming Restores the Healthy Balance of the Planet - P1/5 A compilation of excerpts from Supreme Master Ching Hai's lectures    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (56MB)    MP4(76MB)  
I think if you have a garden, you should plant more fruit trees and food. Make it become a habit. Food that is easy to plant, short term harvest, and plenty of vitamins and nutrition already.

You try to plant those vegetables that bear fruits, like beans, pumpkins and stuff, cucumbers – those things that bear fruit and are simple, easy. So it becomes a habit, and then you will eat your own produce and it’s also good for the time being because we’re short of food everywhere. It’s good to be independent. In case something happens, you will have sufficient food for yourself. Plant a lot of fruit trees wherever you can – different seasons, okay? – and those vegetables that are easy to harvest and quick and do not take too much water.

Right now we still have water, but then you plant also all kinds… what’s simple. Corn and all that takes too long, but beans you can eat and live well with it. It’s a vegetable as well as a protein provider in one. For example, beans – any kind of beans – and all kinds of fruits – fruit trees that give you fruits – and if you don’t eat it enough, you make it into, like, jam or pickled fruits. Chutney.

You make chutney. You make something and put it in a jar or deep-freeze, something like that, or like pickles, and it lasts long. Then you can eat them when the season is out. It’s better to eat your own produce. God says in the Bible that you should sweat, yourself, for your food. That’s why one of the happiest marriages is for the farmers, according to research. It’s serious, you plant your food. Plant whatever’s easy, simple but plentiful of nutrition and always easy and always can plant again and again.

Of course, you can plant a variety, but to be sure concentrate on those that have protein and fiber…and vegetables at the same time, like beans and fruit. Beans are easy to plant. If you have a fence, you just put your finger in the ground and put a bean and then it will grow in no time, and a lot of beans will come out – and you eat some and you leave some for the next planting season; and very cheap, easy to plant. You don’t even need to take care much. I remember I planted some beans when I was in Germany. I just put them around the fence and they grew so much. Yes, so easy, easy. They grow so fast. I did not remember I had to water them. I did not; it just came out. And tomatoes and all that grow in abundance, especially if you have trees.

Of course, when you plant trees there are also leaves falling down in the fall, and you rake them together, you put them in a hole that you dig in the ground – some leaves and some earth, some leaves and some earth, like that – and after a while it becomes beautiful compost. And then you just put it to your use again, planting vegetables. Or if you have to cut grasses then you use the grass also. And your waste of vegetables, the peel and the old leaves and whatever, you put them all together in there and it becomes a very, very useful compost. Try to be independent from now on. Do not complain about food shortages and food expenses: do it yourself. Even if you have a balcony, you can plant it. From now on, try to use useful trees and plants together with beauty.

For example, the cherry trees, they are so beautifully flowering in season. And apple trees – also beautiful flowers. All kinds are like that. And on your balcony, instead of planting something for fun, you can plant it for eating as well. I have a little pot like this and it’s a tangerine, My God, he keeps growing, growing, growing! So many tangerines in such a small tree about this size. So much! So much! Hundreds of them! And so beautiful. Just in a pot.

And nowadays, maybe you could even buy fertilizer if you don’t want to make compost or if you don’t have. Buy those organic fertilizers. They make it very simple, easy and it doesn’t smell that bad or anything. So you can even plant it on your balcony. Make it a habit, okay? Make it a habit. Don’t wait. Don’t wait until you don’t have food. Do it now. Even if the world goes back to normal and has food, at least you’ll always have your food. No harm, no? It takes a few minutes to do these things, even half an hour a day, then you have plenty on your balcony. Your favorite food, simple ones. Not like potatoes and all that on the balcony, please! Salads or herbs, just experiment and have fun. Have fun.

Read some books on how to plant or go to the supermarket. On every packet they tell you what year or what month of the year to plant and from when to when they will grow and harvest so you know the timing of it. If you don’t want it too long, three months, you pick those with two months, two weeks or three weeks. It’s fun to grown your own vegetables. Even growing salad on the balcony is plenty for you to eat. You don’t eat salads every day so you just grow some and then it lasts you at least a week or a month. And then you plant another one. Take turns like that and you will always have something to eat. So it’s a better way to be independent. Or if you have a flat roof, you plant up there. You don’t plant everywhere but you can use some plastic box or something, or ceramic box and fill it with earth, fill your compost and just keep planting, planting – very fun. You go out and see the whole roof is green and edible – beautiful. It’s really beautiful. I don’t have much time, otherwise I like to plant things myself. It’s very, very nice.

You can use your hand, magic hand, like every day turn the empty plot into something useful and nutritious. Even if you don’t have much land, sometimes just a little bit of garden, you can do it and take turns – you see? – and plant it and then pick it and plant another one. If you don’t eat right away, you can pickle it and save it in the cellar or something, or put it in a cold area. In Europe, almost everywhere is cold so don’t even need a fridge.##You put outside. I also tell Miaoli people to do that. They are planting something and I have eaten some of their stuff for the first time. Before, we planted but the worms ate them and now they are doing something so the worms don’t come. There are some plants you can mix together with your plants to repel those insects or something if you don’t want them.

Mongolia, as with the rest of the world, is experiencing more severe weather, a more fatal pattern of climate change due to the effects of global warming. So you can see in Mongolia droughts, harsher winters, more frequency of dust storms and blizzards. With livestock raising, we deplete Mongolians’ already limited natural resources and even put Mongolia more in danger of desertification. Instead of grazing animals, we can begin planting organic vegetables, which are more healthy to everyone. We have to choose a vegetarian diet over animal breeding.

If more and more people choose organic farming as well, we help each other to the best possible of our ability and the most gentle way for all beings and the Earth. From then, we can share food since we have so much food. We have an abundance of food, more than enough for everyone without even having to buy it, and we save time and other resources to go toward other things, like ending disease and helping those in need. By not subsidizing the meat diet, we save trillions of US dollars per year in tax. We save a lot of suffering from meat-related illness. We save a lot of food to share with all the hungry in the world, so our conscience will never have to wake up in the middle of the night and bite us anymore.

We can do that through such a method as hydroponics. You can even plant and harvest indoors, so we can do it also by ourselves. There’s no need for, even, farmers; if we have a little garden, we can plant it ourselves. Or if we have a balcony we can even plant it in water. We must start now so that you can have your own vegetables. It’s very easy. If you just have a little pot even, on the balcony, the size you want, and you just sow some seeds in it. A few days later, you already have some vegetables. Salad, for example Some are grown in three days or one week or two weeks, and you can always take turns to grow it again. And in the garden, it grows quicker. In the old time, if we look into the Mongolian history, the people of Mongolia did not eat so much meat, then we should be convinced that the meatless diet sustained our ancestry, and still can sustain us. And nowadays, even evidently through medical and scientific research, that vegetarian diet is absolutely healthy. It’s just people don’t know about this and don’t have time to do research, so we have to inform them. Please do inform your people. We are doing that, but we need your help. We cannot do everything, even though we have Association members everywhere. But, it’s not like the whole planet is my Association member, is it? So, we need your help. We need everybody’s help. We need all the help from the government.

What are the benefits of organic vegan farming, and in what ways can MPs (Members of Parliament) and the government push forward to boost this sector?

There are so many benefits from organic vegan farming, as well as many benefiting parties. First, for the farmers, organic vegan farming is productive, saving 37% more energy and even more water than conventional farming methods. Next, there are environmental benefits, like, the topsoil stays and proves better at withstanding floods and hurricanes. Wildlife and ecosystems also win. According to the largest study done on organic farming in the UK, your country, compared to conventional farms, organic farms contained 85% more plant species, with 71% taller and thicker hedges, and a healthy return of native animals across the species.

Furthermore, organic vegan farming will halt the runoff of chemical fertilizers that have created monstrous dead zones in the ocean. Organic soil matter also absorbs CO2 so effectively that the Rodale Institute calls organic vegan farming a powerful strategy to reduce global warming, by up to 40% of all CO2 emissions now in the atmosphere. Imagine? Then we will be clear of CO2.

Otherwise, it will stay here for thousands of years and continue to heat our planet. Finally, we all benefit from better health because it’s free of toxins and abundant in nutrients, without genetic modification and cancer-causing pesticides. In contrast to animal products – which are known to cause cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and obesity, etc. – organically farmed fruits and vegetables contain abundant nutrients that help us to avoid all these modern conditions. Surely organic vegan food is the only food we should feel safe and would feel safe and will feel safe with. In fact, we will feel it’s the safest food to give to our children, the best food to give to our children.

The MPs (Members of Parliament) and the government can support this organic vegan farming through subsidies. They can also redirect the funds away from the meat industries and instead towards encouraging citizens to plant, to buy, and to choose organic vegan food. And when they do, we will soon have a lot of healthy, happy, productive people, a restored green environment, and minimum climate mitigation costs – something all governments can look forward to and gain the enthusiastic support of all citizens.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/8147

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples