Download

Traditional Folk Music from Southern Âu Lạc (Vietnam) (In Aulacese)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (62MB)    MP4(84MB)  
Today’s A Journey through Aesthetic Realms will be presented in Aulacese (Vietnamese), with subtitles in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

Âu Lạc (Vietnam) is a nation with a longstanding traditional culture. Aulacese musical heritage is bountiful; since ancient times, many soul-stirring musical instruments have been created with diverse sounds like those of the copper drum, gong, lithophone, bamboo xylophone, cymbals, and panpipe.

In 2003, Elegant Music, a style of Huế royal court music, was recognized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as an intangible cultural heritage of the world. Âu Lạc’s music represents the unique features of each region, for example, Quan Họ folksongs in the north, Huế tunes in the central, and modern folk opera in the south.

In addition, there are many other forms of music, including hò, lý, ceremonial songs, Aulacese classical theatre, chèo traditional opera, hồ quảng opera, and so on. Indeed, the essence of music is imbued in the hearts of people in this beautiful country, and has been cultivated until this day.

In today’s program, we’re pleased to introduce some of the folk songs and musical genres representative of southern Âu Lạc. At an international gathering with our Association members in San Jose, California, USA, in February 16, 1991, Supreme Master Ching Hai sang “Southern Hò Singing,” written by composer Phạm Duy in 1956, about the gentle and bountiful land of southern Âu Lạc. We invite you to enjoy an excerpt of this song.

Nhà Bè River divides into two branches. Go to Gia Định or Đồng Nai as you wish. The road to the mountain village isn’t far Pass Red Soil District, you will then arrive in Biên Hòa.

Vè is a genre of folk literature with many diverse forms such as four-word, five-word, or six-eight poetry. Vè describes daily activities of the simple country folks and often has been orally passed down through many generations.

Âu Lạc is graced by Nature with a wide variety of fruits, each with its unique aromatic flavor as well as rich sources of nutrition for healthy and compassionate living. Please join us to find out about some popular fruits in Âu Lạc through dialogues in the song “Vè on Fruits,” a southern Aulacese vè song presented by our Association members.

It’s here probably!

What? I see no Miracle Healer. You’re not getting lost, are you?

Who is it?

Respected lady, I heard that the Miracle Healer is here.

Yes, we’re his students. What do you need?

My mother is seriously ill. I come to ask for medicine.

One is fated to live or die. If your mother’s time on Earth is over, I’m afraid....

Lục Y!

Yes.

All right, if you can solve my riddle, you can see the Miracle Healer.

I’m very grateful.

Wait! But with a condition.

What is the condition, respected lady?

My condition is that if you answer wrong just once, you’ll have to stay here to tend to our garden of medicinal herbs for the rest of your life. What do you think?

No, master, please! Don’t risk your life.

I have no choice.

Respected lady, I accept it. Please begin.

All right. I’ll ask you according to a “Vè on Fruits.” For each question, you have only one chance to answer. Remember that! Here they come. Listen to the riddle about the fruits. Having both husband and wife, what fruit is it?

Having both husband and wife is the papaya fruit. (Đu đủ – papaya – means having everything.)

Lots of sap secreted when cut...

It’s the jackfruit.

Cuckoo birds love it. So?

If cuckoo birds love it, it’s definitely the big longan.

Shaped like a pine-cone...

That’s very easy!

It’s not your business!

Wow! So fragrant!

Oh yes! Shaped like a pine cone is the pineapple indeed! (Trái thơm – pineapple – literally means fragrant fruit.)

Having a very strong scent...

That’s the durian.

The crows crave it.

Wah! Wah! Wah! Eating carambola, I’ll pay with gold!

How is it?

Respected lady. If the crows crave it, it must be the carambola.

What about... Having material comfort... What fruit is it?

Having material comfort is for sure the figs. (Trái sung – fig – sounds like “sung túc,” meaning abundant.)

Hair grows all over it.

May I answer: Hair growing all over is a rambutan.

What kind of fruit is red within and green without?

Red within and green without is the heart- cooling watermelon.

Shaped like a dragon head...

Its name is dragon fruit.

Crossing a deep river without swimming...

Crossing a deep river without swimming... Crossing a deep river without swimming is the custard-apple. (Mãng cầu – custard-apple – sounds like bridge.) Have you finished with your questions?

Not yet! Making bitter soup... What is that?

Making bitter soup is the bitter-melon.

That grows a beard...

That grows a beard, it is the corn.

That makes precious oil...

It’s the olive indeed.

Crispy to chew...

The pear guava!

What fruit turns dotty when ripe?

Dotty when ripe is the sweet banana.

Dreaming day and night... So?

Dreaming day and night is the green apricot. (Mơ – apricot – also means dream.)

How about... What feeds a baby?

Star apple it is. (Vú sữa – star apple – literally means milky chest.)

Not bad! How about a fruit that...

Very good! I’ve been testing your filial piety. This medicine is my gift for you.

My deep gratitude, Miracle Healer.

Follow the written formula given to prepare the remedy for your mother; she will recover. However, I advise you all to keep a vegan diet from now on. Then you will be healthy and will not need to seek me anymore.

We promise to adhere to your counsel.

I wish you good luck!

In Aulacese traditional culture, “a betel quid starts a conversation” in festivals or meetings. A betel quid is a symbol of a lasting bond between friends, neighbors, and married couples. The song “Areca Flowers, Betel Orchard” will be presented by Ms. Lệ Thủy. Please enjoy.

Your house has an areca orchard My house has a betel garden Every evening, you go over there Falling areca flowers whiten my yard over here Falling areca flowers whiten my yard over here Before you left, your mother asked for betel leaves to dye your shirt A green betel leaf infused with your love fades not its hue Falling areca flowers whiten my yard Areca scent permeates the garden of betels If you love me, why not reveal your feeling? You let areca flowers fall and whiten a sad moonlit night. Falling areca flowers whiten my yard Areca scent permeates the garden of betels. Leaves hold still a fresh green color Please let not the betel leaves turn yellow.

There are doleful moon nights with clouds adrift Chilly winds blow, white blossoms cascade The betel garden is still lush, areca blooms timely still Like your love that waits ever patiently Areca flowers bloom next to the garden of betels Areca scent gently wafts about the green betels When you convey your love, betel quids turn red, and we join in marriage. Your house has an areca orchard My house has a betel garden Every evening, you go over there Falling areca flowers whiten my yard over here Falling areca flowers whiten my yard over here.

Beautiful nature with myriad exotic flowers and plants enhances life with fragrance, colors, and poetic inspiration in gloriously bright hues.

“Blue flowers, white flowers, then yellow flowers, O friends. Pear flowers are as pretty as pomegranate flowers Let me ask you, how many flowers are there?” We now invite you to enjoy the southern Aulacese folk song “Lý Singing on Flowers,” with vocals by Khánh Duy.

Blue flowers, white flowers, then yellow flowers, O friends. Pear flowers are as pretty as pomegranate flowers Let me ask you, how many flowers are there? Let me ask you, how many flowers are there?

Blue flowers, white flowers, then yellow flowers, O friends. Pear flowers are as pretty as pomegranate flowers Let me ask you, how many flowers are there? Let me ask you, how many flowers are there?

Blue flowers, white flowers, then yellow flowers, O friends. Pear flowers are as pretty as pomegranate flowers Let me ask you, how many flowers are there? Let me ask you, how many flowers are there? Let me ask you, how many flowers are there?

Singer Khánh Duy, who performed the song “Lý Singing on Flowers,” participated previously on Supreme Master Television. He has received gifts and well wishes from Supreme Master Ching Hai.

Thank you for watching today’s program about traditional folk music from southern Âu Lạc. Please tune in to Supreme Master Television for more Aulacese folk music in future broadcasts. Coming up is Vegetarianism: The Noble Way of Living, after Noteworthy News. So long for now.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/8750

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples