Download

“The Marvelous Daur” - Daur Wulanmuqi Troupe from Inner Mongolia P2/2 (In Inner Mongolian)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (62MB)    MP4(84MB)  
Today’s Enlightening Entertainment will be presented in Mongolian and Chinese, with subtitles in Arabic, Aulacese (Vietnamese), Chinese, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Thai.

Greetings beautiful viewers, and welcome to Enlightening Entertainment. Wulanmuqi, meaning “red cultural working team” in Mongolian, refers to a traveling folk performance troupe who performs in grassland areas. Multi-talented, each of Wulanmuqi’s team members can sing, dance, and play musical instruments.

They not only give brilliant performances on stage, but also do labor work helping out on farms. Today, we are delighted to present the final part of our 2-part program featuring the highly-acclaimed Daur Wulanmuqi Troupe and their beautiful dancing and singing performances.

In tonight’s program, “The Marvelous Daur,” we will perform the Lurigele Dance, which has been recognized as a “National Intangible Cultural Treasure.” Lurigele means burning and prosperity. The burning fire symbolizes prosperity.

This dance imitates the movements of birds and animals. We merge ourselves with nature and then follow our own rhythm and dance spontaneously in whatever way we feel like. So it started as a self-entertaining dance. As it slowly developed, we started to choreograph it, and then we created the Lurigele Dance.

In the blue sky, the sun is singing. In the mountains, brothers are singing a song of blessings for us.

[birds singing]

A song of blessings for you.

In addition to dances about nature, the Daur troupe also choreographs about sports reflecting their love for sports, especially hockey. Since 1,000 years ago, the Daurs have been playing a similar kind of game called Beikou. Therefore, when field hockey was introduced to China, it was enthusiastically welcomed by the Daurs. Six players from this region alone even entered China’s national hockey team and played in the Beijing Olympics in 2008.

Our Morin Dawa hockey team is one of the best in Inner Mongolia and we have won over a dozen championships in competitions in Asia and other countries. That’s why we choreographed this dance about the hockey game. It is a representation of the spirit of our ethnic group.

Our Daur region is the training base of the hockey game. All our children play hockey. Basically, in every sports team in the country, you can find athletes from our Morin Dawa Daur Autonomous Banner. So we also present the hockey game in our dance.

As we have seen, the Daur dancers wear colorful costumes that enhance the performance of the talented performers. These costumes actually reflect the Daur people’s religious belief in Shamanism.

The Shaman culture is a very important culture in northeast China. The Daur people believe in Shamanism. Our Daur attire features huge skirts with trumpet sleeves and raised collars. Our Daur girls wear huge skirts with a narrow waist.

The girls must wear their hair in big braids. The Shaman costume actually has many symbolic meanings. For example, these bells in the front, the drum, the waist tassel and all these colors - they all have their symbolic meanings.

Next, let’s listen to “Meeting at the Rock Pile,” a love song which has existed for more than half a century. Across the wide-open grasslands of Mongolia, rock piles, big or small, can be spotted. These rock piles not only indicate directions but also serve as sacred monuments for the Mongolians. Meeting at the rock pile, the lovers are blessed in their love.

The full moon has already risen in the sky. Why is there no cloud around the moon? I’m waiting for the beautiful lady. Why are you not here yet?

Without the rain from Heaven, The begonia won’t bloom by itself. Wait patiently, my brother, your lover will come to you.

Without the rain from Heaven, The begonia won’t bloom by itself.

Wait patiently, my brother.

I will wait patiently.

Your lover will come to you.

My lover will come to me.

Wait patiently, my brother.

I will wait patiently.

Your lover will come to you.

My lover will come to me.

To conclude today’s program, let us now enjoy the Daur Wulanmuqi Troupe’s dance called “The Sun-Drenched Mountain.”

In the Daur region, when azaleas bloom, the whole mountain turns red. Actually, the azalea is the Daur people’s favorite flower. So, the last dance signifies the glorious achievements of the Daur people.

The red azaleas bloom all over the hills. The Daur girls love singing. Their songs are passed from generation to generation. Their sonorous songs cross the mountains and rivers.

The sun shines upon the land. The red azaleas bloom in our hearts. The Daur people sing together. Beautiful mountains and rivers and a good life.

Our appreciation, Daur Wulanmuqi Troupe, for sharing your rich culture and bringing us such beautiful performances. May the intangible cultural heritage of the Daur people be preserved and appreciated by all.

Loving viewers, thank you for joining us on today’s Enlightening Entertainment. Coming up next is Words of Wisdom, after Noteworthy News, here on Supreme Master Television. Wishing you and your loved ones God’s peace and joy.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9088

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples