Download

SUPREME MASTER CHING HAI ON THE ENVIRONMENT Restore the Balance of the Oceans - P3/4 A compilation of Supreme Master Ching Hai's lectures    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (57MB)    MP4(77MB)  
Good evening, Master. Please accept all my gratitude. In the global warming flyer, it is stated: ''Due to overfishing and the loss of tens of millions of sardines, a vital chain, the waters of the southwest African coast are loaded with a toxic gas that bubbles from the bottom of the ocean, killing marine life on the surface. The size of the area is equivalent to that of the city of New Jersey (USA), and worsening the greenhouse effect.” What is the original nature of this gas? Thank you, Master.

Hallo. Hallo. Bonjour, Madamoiselle Araba. You came all the way from Cotonou, Benin (Yes, Master.) to be with us? You’re from Radio TOPKA in Cotonou, Benin, right? (Yes, Master.) Thanks for coming to share with us your concern. It is very disturbing to know about the state of the waters off the western coast of your continent. You see, this poisonous gas that you are asking about is formed from the elements that create oceanic dead zones.

Dead zones are exactly as they sound: they are areas of the ocean that are dead, the areas of the ocean that are unable to support any more life, which arise mostly from livestock feed agricultural pollution, as well as livestock manure running into the ocean, or some other kind of imbalance. The number of dead zones observed since 2003 has more than tripled, with now in excess of 400 that exist and are growing worldwide. The African dead zone, according to scientists, has been caused by a combination of a strong upwelling current that brings abundant plankton, along with the loss of sardines because of human fishing.

In the past several decades, tens of millions of these tiny fish have been removed from the ocean for human consumption. So now, instead of sardines helping to consume the plankton, the plankton just dies in the water instead, and sinks to the bottom of the ocean where it decays and contributes to the formation of the poisonous gases methane and hydrogen sulfide. While methane gas can be volatile and explosive, hydrogen sulfide is poisonous to both human and marine life. So, this area has periodic explosions of methane and hydrogen sulfide, and when these gases erupt off the coast of Africa, many other fish die and animals such as lobsters and crabs run onto the shore, trying to flee the poisonous gas. But sometimes they cannot avoid either.

Scientists are now concerned that, without a restoration of the ecological balance, dead zones like this will just continue to be more and more, get bigger and bigger, which of course is lethal for all life. So, this is a small but very good example of why we need to be vegan, to renew the rightful balance of life. And, of course, we also need to be organic vegan because so many of these dead zones are caused and made worse by chemical fertilizers that are primarily used for livestock feed. So, yes, be organic vegan.

Supreme Master and honorable guests, (How are you?) good evening. I’m here to prove to you that after being a vegetarian for over 40 years, ever since childhood, a vegetarian diet is good for our health! When I was little, I aspired to promote environmental protection when I grew up, and I’ve now worked in this field for over 20 years. (Bravo!)

I’ve been promoting changing organic waste into food. This is the result of my previous work. But I won’t talk about my work today. I’m here to ask Master’s advice. Global warming has caused many changes to planetary climate. One area of humans’ negligence is using clean water to flush the toilet. How can we call on everyone to cherish our water resources, reduce water waste, establish a system for recycling water and capture rainwater for utilization? Thank you! Yes. Thank you, Mr. Lai.

Thank you for being veg, and thank you for protecting the environment all these decades. We have tried to go in your direction all these years as well. Recently, we go a step further to try to inform the people all this on Supreme Master TV, such as what foods to plant to save water, like edible plants that don’t need much water and can sustain us with more than enough nutrition. We tell people to do organic farming, how to conserve rainwater, ground water, and conserve land, planting trees to attract rain, and the trees also preserve water in the soil so it doesn’t erode the land and run away, etc., etc.

And we also show many of the organic self-farmers everywhere in different countries to show people the examples of how easy it is to plant organic, nutritious, and waterless vegetarian food. For example, in Âu Lạc, meaning Vietnam… I like the name “Âu Lạc” because it denotes a lucky, auspicious meaning and also wishing the people of Vietnam well. “Âu Lạc” means “happy and prosperous,” and also the name of our ancestors. Now, the farmers in Âu Lạc, meaning Vietnam, discovered a way to reap bountiful harvests during their dry season, which lasts from November to May.

They plant drought-resistant crops like green peas, peanuts, black sesame, sweet potato leaves, and creamy beans, etc. They don’t need any water for this. They just plant them on dry land, or even watermelons and some other melons, etc. – no watering, no irrigating, nothing needed. The farmers explain that the leaves from the bean plants and other plants spread over the soil to keep the moisture in. The leaves also later become part of the soil and help the soil stay rich. So, there is no need even for fertilizer as they would need for rice or corn, for example. It’s nature’s miracle at work. And there is a bare minimum to almost no labor required even, until it’s time to harvest, which is also very easy.

They don’t even need much work. They just pull the plant up. That’s it. As you mentioned, Mr. Lai, there are also good ways to harvest the rainwater, by guiding the rain into the soil to be used by the trees and the plants. The trees are like living pumps to use the water to give fruits, and prevent erosion, etc. They use these water-conserving techniques in dry parts of Africa and India and, as a result, the water level rises more than they take out from their wells. And the villagers in the Alwar district of Rajasthan, India, where one Indian village was able to guide the water enough that it brought back to life five flowing rivers – five flowing rivers – that had been dead before, been dried up before due to withdrawing too much water.

Now they bring back to life five flowing, abundant rivers, five, which had been dried up before – you see? – because of withdrawing too much water and deforestation. So now, the Indian villagers, they have organized and they have done their best to revive these five dead rivers. We could learn from them as well. But even these water losses pale in comparison to the incredible amount of water that is wasted for animal production. It takes approximately 4,664 liters of water to produce just one serving of beef, but an entire vegan meal can be produced with only 371 liters of water.

The livestock sector is probably the world's biggest source of water pollution as well, Mr. Lai. I am sure you know all this, being an environmentalist. Excessive animal waste, chemical fertilizers, and pesticides degrade waterways, killing aquatic organisms by creating algae blooms, which in turn choke the oxygen from water systems and help form these oceanic dead zones. The number of oxygen-depleted oceanic dead zones has increased from only 49 in the 1960s to 405 in 2008, and I am sure there are more now, there are much more sea dead zones right now. The dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico is one of the largest in the world. It is 22,000 square kilometers and was created mainly from agriculture runoff, including food raised for livestock and manure. Around 212,000 metric tons of fish are estimated to die in the Gulf of Mexico dead zone every year, Mr. Lai.

I’m sure you know this. I am just saying all this for the knowledge of the audience. However sad it is, we must be informed of the facts. Mr. Lai, in addition to these useful farming programs, we try our best to inform people of the numerous, contaminated, drying or disappeared dead rivers and lakes all over the world. There are tens of thousands of rivers and lakes dying all over the world. People are dying from droughts, people are leaving their villages, their hometowns, because they don’t have any more water to drink. Just because we Formosan (Taiwanese) still have water, just because where I am sitting, I am lucky to still have water, doesn’t mean tens of millions of other people are as lucky. Some die on the road because of starvation, some die on the road looking for water. This is very, very tragic, Mr. Lai. I hope we all wake up and wake up quick to save our people, to save our home.

We have listed some on the for your reference. Please copy at no cost and send it to all other people who you can come in touch with - by mail, by email, by post, leaflets, poster, whatever may be suitable to you. I also encourage the audience to do the same. Please help. Please help each other, please help us. Because many of our world co-citizens are not aware that many of our other co-citizens are dying because of lack of water, and lack of water means lack of food, lack of security. Water means everything to our existence. We must conserve the water. We must do everything we can, and the first step to begin is to be vegan. Because animal industry uses 70 more percent of our clean water of our planet!
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9184

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples