Download

The Way and Message of the Kogi People of Colombia - P1/2 (In Spanish)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (44MB)    MP4(60MB)  
Today’s Enlightening Entertainment will be presented in Spanish and English, with subtitles in Arabic, Aulacese (Vietnamese), Chinese, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Thai.

Twenty years ago, I was not allowed to come here. It’s too far up the mountain, too sacred. And they are talking about nearly three, well, 2,500-2,700 meters above sea level, because the Kogi live in a high and almost inaccessible mountain, the highest coastal mountain in the world; steep folds, difficult valleys. And a town like this is rather hard to get to. There are certainly no roads leading to it.

As human impacts on the climate have worsened in recent decades, the Kogi indigenous people of Colombia stepped out of their centuries of reclusive and self-contained living in the coastal mountains and began to share a message of warning: that the destructive ways of humankind must stop before it is too late.

Toward this goal, they allowed the 1992 filming of the BBC documentary, “From the Heart of the World: The Elder Brothers’ Warning” in a rare collaboration with a foreigner, British filmmaker Mr. Alan Ereira.

I made a film 20 years ago with the Kogi That was called “From the Heart of the World: The Elder Brothers Warning.” The reason that they did it, the Kogi being an extremely reclusive people, is that they have decided that their isolation was unsuccessful as a form of defense since we’re in the process of destroying the world.

And so they needed to tell us what we’re doing and try to persuade us to stop. That was 20 years ago. This was my introduction to the astonishing world of the Kogi, the one surviving high civilization from America, from the world of the Aztec, the Maya, the Inca.

Because here you have a highly sophisticated, highly intellectual society, civilization which have been watching our civilization with horror, dismay, and the feeling of responsibility for 400 years, and it was that feeling of responsibility that made them end their isolation and make that film.

Twenty years later, I’m summoned again, and the message is, “We spoke, we waited, you did not listen. Now we have to do something more drastic.” I have been in contact with the Kogi of course in the intervening period, but I’ve never been up their mountain until they called me back. I’ve only been to the base of the mountain, and their leaders, Mamos as they’re called, have come down to talk to me. And then they summoned me.

And this project is something quite extraordinary. What they’re doing is making a movie. The movie is called “Aluna.” “Aluna,” well why doesn’t Jacinto explain the meaning of the word “aluna.”

Well, the word “aluna” means many things. For example, when you do things, first, we think. I mean, the “aluna” word in our language is: to think what one wants to do. Through the word “aluna,” I mean our word; with that word we work when we build a house, when we build something. When you work in some very difficult situation.

So, Aluna is connected intimately with thought and with consciousness and in fact, Aluna precedes the world. The world is created in thought, and without thought, there would be no world. This is the basis of the Kogi understanding of life. The material world is nothing but the present moment embedded in a much greater complex of thought, which extends back into memory and in the future into possibility and potential. And we are just here in the blink of an eye.

A cordial greeting for everyone. On behalf of the people... On behalf of the people of the four peoples: the Kankuamo, the Arhuaco, the Wiwa and the Kogi. We are in the northern part of the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta in Colombia.

Surely you have heard of the principle or law “Sé,” that is from before the materials existed that we see now. “Sé,” even before realizing the world. That’s why we always mention the word “aluna,” because it begins from there. So before materializing the world, we think.

This is town at about 3,000 meters. And here I am in the pitch-in that was set up to feed us at this gathering. And these are the wives of the Mamos, the male Mamos that I was talking to, and they were preparing our food. We were living, as they do, mostly on starchy crops, root crops. It’s a very good, healthy diet. I always feel much healthier after I’ve spent some time up in the Sierra eating their food, than I do after I’ve spent some time down at the bottom eating ours.

And now, here we see some of the kids. And you can tell a girl from a boy by the way, by the necklaces. We, looking at them, unless you are familiar with the culture, have some difficulty distinguishing male from female. I can tell you the Kogi have the same problem looking at us. And the first time I went up there to film with a mixed-film crew, they couldn’t work out which of us were male and which were female.

The Mamos… We just saw that house with its rays coming out of the top. Now those rays are the rays of the sun and the rays of the influence of the Mamo, reaching over the community and protecting the community and guiding the community. And the reason I was… Now, that that you see in that man’s hand… he is a Mamo.

Next to him, by his knee, you can see a divining bowl, and in it is the hollow bead that he uses for his divination. He drops that into the water. In his hand, was a thing called a jatukua.

Now the children that are kept in the dark for years are being raised to be Mamos, and Mamos are – well the word Mamo is the same word for the sun – they are the enlightened ones. They are the spiritual guides of the society. And the divining bowl called the jatukua is used to interrogate the consciousness inside nature. That is a Mamo’s job and that’s why he is raised in the dark.

But also I believe they are constantly engaged in the daily life of the Kogi population.

What it means is that they leave some children in a large cave… to prepare them, so that they study to face different kinds of problems that come to one, to the people. The Mamos are to help and support the entire world.

The president of Colombia, the new president who is just now been installed, has gone to the Mamos for consultation and to seek their advice in just the way you’re talking about. Of course, symbolic acts.

So that he can gave advice. In order for him to start to control all the harm that is being done against nature.

That’s why Jacinto is here, and Jacinto really ought to explain why the Kogi Mamos are worried, and what is it that they are worried about.

They are worried. Most of all for the sacred places. Which are the sacred places? Those that are, for example, the snowy mountains. With stones with images. The lagoons. The rivers’ sources. And also, where there are coal mines, petroleum, which are parts of the body of nature.

Never at any moment did we want to exploit or damage or destroy the sacred places such as the source place of water. Never have they told us… to destroy or exploit the coal. Never. Because those are… we were damaging Mother Nature, or destroying.

And I think the point here is, Jacinto talked about the law of Sé, the law that precedes everything and whose rules control all life. And the law of Sé is actually controlled and manipulated and managed at sacred sites, and these sites are places of management of the life of the world. And if you destroy sacred sites, the life of the world itself becomes violently disrupted, as I understand it.

Now, in the middle of this meeting in the front, Sagas, these are female Mamos. They might look quite young to you and nowhere near as young as they appear to be. I have always found it very difficult in a Kogi family to tell who is the daughter, who is the mother, who is the grandmother, because quite honestly, they look pretty much the same age! Kogi women somehow keep their freshness and complexions extraordinarily well.

But the point what was going on here is that these women are making a speech. There is a man in front, who you will see later, Mamo Pedro Juan, making a speech of explanation of what is going wrong with the world. And those three women are speaking the same speech simultaneously. Those women are in fact the voice of the mountain, the voice of the Earth. They are the Mother. And they validate and authenticate every word that the male Mamo is saying.

And it is the authority of their voices that is being listened to, because the Earth itself is speaking through them and he as a man speaks to men, he speaks direct to me and tells me what I have to hear. And that, I have never seen anything remotely like this before. It was extraordinary.

Now the one thing that you’ve mentioned which seemed really startling and interesting to me was this business of confession, of being absolutely open, to have no secrets, to tell whoever is your partner in life, everything that happens in the course of the day. Is that a fundamental thing to do that will change who you are and how you are, and change the world?

The day, not just one day, rather of the whole life. Of course, and also not just all the human society, but also some of those big companies, to see, hey, that they are destroying themselves… we want to destroy the world. And so how we can change that?

So the message is introspection brought on by having to speak about who you are and what you are doing.

That’s wonderful, fascinating, marvelous thing to have said. Thank you.

Introspective viewers, please join us again tomorrow as we continue our program with Kogi Mamo Mr. Jacinto Zarabata’s interview with Supreme Master Television, in which he further explains the Kogis’ timely environmental message for humankind.

It was nice to have your company on today’s program. And now, please stay tuned to Supreme Master Television for Words of Wisdom, after Noteworthy News. May you enjoy the awareness of nature’s blessings for you.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9201

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples