Download

How to Find God - P1/2 October 15, 1989 Santa Cruz, California, USA    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (127MB)    MP4(174MB)  

I have found that to find God or to find the Buddha Nature is pretty easy,whereby to solve any worldly problem is a big deal. So I have found that to find out about the Kingdom of God within or to find the Buddha Nature within yourself is very easy, but to drive a car, for example, for me is difficult, or maybe to translate, like him,is very difficult.

So why is it to find the Kingdom of God or the Buddha Nature within ourselves is so easy? Because in the Bible it is said that the Kingdom of God is within you; and Buddhism,it is also said “Buddha is in your mind” or “the Buddha is in your heart.” 

All of us know that God is within us and we heard about it, but then sometimes we have doubt. We were thinking,“If God is inside,within us, how can I not see Hirm? If Buddha is within us, how could we see him? Why?” It is for a simple reason, it's that we often look outward and do not look within.

How is it that we always look outward? It is because we are living in this world. We must do many kinds of jobs which require a lot of attention. For example,if I pluck the flower even and I have to look where the flower is, pay attention that the flower will be plucked intact and not be broken.

Or when we fix an engine or taking care of a computer we have to pay our whole attention to that machine. We have to put up with the imperfection of this world. This world is not imperfect, but it is very perfect.

It is perfect in the look of the perfect people.  When we look with the perfect eye we see the world is perfect. Just like when you wear glasses, if you wear clear glasses, then you see the world is clear. If you wear black,pink, yellow,then you see it becomes black,pink, and yellow.

Now,most of the time we forgot God except in times of troubles, pains,and sorrow. But then,sometimes it's too late just to remember then and there. Therefore many people like myself have discovered that we should remember God or Buddha at all times  then we are never late. How to do this is very simple.

I read a story in Indian scripture. It says like this. There was a great master, he told a story about how God would prefer monks or householders,both are worshipping God, and then who is Hiers favorite,yes. So God said, “The householders are my favorite.” Why is it that God prefers householders or more touched by their devotion than by monks or nuns?

I mean,when I say “monks,” I mean “nuns and monks”; when I say “men,” I mean “men and women,” please. We are so used to masculine society so I go along with it,yes? Women,don't get hurt, yes? Because God says,“It is all right for monks and nuns,for the renunciates, to worship Me, to worship God. They have time, it is natural. They must do it. They should, they ought to,and they have no problems.

But the householders, they have a lot of burdens,they have a lot of temptations swimming around them. They are swimming in temptation and then they still struggle to remember Me, to worship Me. Therefore, I am more touched by their devotion.

They could even remember Me.” You understand that? So why God makes such a distinction? It is like this. What I think the story offers us is that it doesn't matter how much we make offering to God, it is how sincere we do. That is how we should worship and remember the God or Buddha within us.

If that is the case, what are we doing every day? When we do that,it means we remember God and Buddha because God and Buddha are inside us. If we do not remember that,it means we are ordinary people. If we remember that, it means we are saints. That's all.

The story I just told is to let us know God and Buddha do not need us to become monks or to remember them all the time. But remembering their names even for just a minute… During our busy schedule, try to remember God and Buddha a little; that is monumental. Just like,if we have a lot of money,then we give $100,000; if we have a little money, then we give $10,000. Comparing the $10,000 to $100,000,sometimes it is even greater than that $100,000.

So I just say the story just offers us the conclusion is that it's not how much you remember God or how long it is how sincere. It is just like we have a lot of money and we can offer $100,000, maybe without any sinceritybecause we take it for granted that we have a lot of money.

So $100,000 means nothing to that billionaire, whereas someone else who hasn't much money but with sincerity and wanting to help, very devoted heart, donates about $10,000, and that, it is more valuable. Therefore,the story indicates that we should always remember God or Buddha within us in any circumstances.

Of course,the nuns and monks should be more devoted and sincere in their effort,but the householders,even in such a busy schedule of daily struggle for living,if we could remember God once a while, that is very valuable. And I assure you, through God's message that whoever remembers God, even just for a while, especially when you leave this world. 

The time when we leave this world,when we die, if we could remember God or Buddha we will ascend to Heaven. That is God's, Buddha's,promise.

God and Buddha told me that people who remember God and Buddha, even for just a short time, especially at the time when we leave this world, if we still remember God and Buddha and pray to them very sincerely, we will be liberated.

“Liberation” means we go to the Buddha's Pure Land, to that very happy place where there is no suffering like in this life.  The Christians call it Heaven or the Kingdom of God. We Buddhists call it Nirvana or the Western Paradise. Each locale calls it by a different name. For example, we call these “bông” and  they are called “flowers.”

So Nirvana,or the Kingdom of God,is denoting similar things; it's just different countries use different names for it. Therefore, I find no difficulty in worshiping God and Buddha at the same time. And then, after worshiping God and Buddha sincerely for some time, we identify ourselves with this God or Buddha and then we become one. Then we become great.

That's how Buddha became great; that's how Jesus became great; that's how Krishna, etc., became great. The secret is so simple, and everyone could do it.

If we always remember God and Buddha like that, then one day,with much sincerity like that, we will feel that we and God and Buddha are one, and we will become great like the Buddha, like Jesusor other saints. That is the secret to becoming a Buddha,or to become Jesus, Christ.

Some of you have heard the story of Sri Ramakrishna in India? Yes? Now I don't talk about Buddha and Jesus anymore lest you think I want to convert you into Christianity or Buddhism, since my childhood is embedded in these two. No,I do not want. All of you are already Buddhist; all of you are already Christian, born Christian. There's no need to be born-again Christian.

You are born Christian. Yes,you are born in Christ power. You're born from Christ power,so no need to be born again. Just stay where you are and remember how great you are.

Now,I want to begin by telling a few stories about the Indian religion. If I always talk about Jesus or Buddha, you might be afraid and think that I try to force you to follow Buddhism or Christianity. Because you heard that I came from a family that was half Buddhist and half Christian, therefore, I'm afraid you'd think you're being forced to follow Buddhism or Christianity.

I say “no need.” We were born Christians already,we were born Buddhists already. We were born from the Buddha Nature; from the Buddha Nature we were born, from Christ we were born. Therefore,we are already children of Christ, children of Buddha.

There is no need to say we have to be reincarnated to become Buddha or to be children of Christ. So those people liked that and they laughed.

Now,Sri Ramakrishna… First he was a Brahmin. Ramakrishna,a very famous person in India, he was born a Brahmin. He belonged to Hinduism and he was a Brahmin. He had no teacher for the beginning.

He had no teacher to teach him. In the beginning, there was no teacher. He went into a temple, which was a Hindu temple,and bowed to the statues, the Buddha statues. The Buddhas of their religion, they'd bow to them.

So every day he went to the temple and worshipped Kali - Kali Mother of Hinduism. Kali in Hinduism symbolized destruction and fear and negativity, etc.,but he worshipped her all along. And the Indian people worshipped her also.

He worshipped her to the sincere and blind faith extent until one day the Mother appeared to him and taught him many things and made him holy. Then after that he became wiser and he knew more and he understood everything in the universe.

After he had bowed to those Buddhas very sincerely. But one saint, a female deity,a female Buddha who represents death and destruction… But the Indians do not make a distinction. Destruction and creation, they just worship So he was very sincere.

His heart was very pure. Therefore,even though he worshiped such a being, he worshiped her very sincerely. One day that deity, or that Buddha,appeared to teach him the path to become a saint. Afterwards, he gradually understood all the secrets of life. He became a saint, a Buddha.

So he became also one of our modern saints who is very famous. I think most of you would have heard of him, no? Yes? He passed away long ago but his fame is still very prominent. You know,yes? Yes,it's good. So he didn't even have a teacher,and due to his own sincerity, he knew God.

He was in contact with God,face-to-face. So now,if we all can do that,that is fine, but there are some people who could not. If the people who could not do it by themselves, we have other chances. We could go to those who already have visions of God,already have contact with God and then ask them for some boon,some help, some grace.

People who bow to the Buddha,who are already taken care of by the Buddha,who have been face-to-face with Buddha,who have become Buddha,then it's very good,really good.

But the majority of people are not so lucky, or they are not as sincere as he was. Perhaps he had already practiced life after life,so he did not need a teacher to become a Buddha or to meet face-to-face with the saints.

For many of us, our hearts are still coarse, our minds are still very distracted,therefore, we cannot be similarly fast. But we still have a way, we can find those who have the blessings of God and the Buddha. We come and sit with themface-to-face or visit them every once in a while to benefit a little bit from their blessings.

We refer to it as “being affected,having a share of it,” just like if we put on perfume, then the person who sits next to us also has the fragrance. Similar to a sandalwood tree, they plant it in a forest, only one or two trees, and the whole forest becomes full of sandalwood trees.

Other trees also have the fragrance,just like the sandalwood tree. Very miraculous. With such a sandalwood tree,then it is considered to be very valuable, because of its special quality. Understand? There are a few people in this world who also possess such qualities, like the Brahman that I have just mentioned.

This man was very famous in India,and also very famous in the world. He was not very famous when he was alive. After he passed away, his disciples propagated his teachings. Now everyone knows him. I just asked if you know him, and you all do.

I am very happy for the Aulacese (Vietnamese) who are able to come to America or other Western countries. The culture,the study of spiritual matters, is very open. It is not so constrained and narrow.

I was telling the Aulacese (Vietnamese) I was happy that they have,some of them have,made it to America or some of the so-called European country because in these countries the educational system or the inter-religion are very broad-minded.

People can study all sorts of religions and absorbs all kind of ideals and different schools of thinking. And that is good, that is good for people.

I was in China for six or seven years and I have not become famous until recently, until recently, about two years ago, then I suddenly became famous. I don't know why. It's not that I crave for that,but I was surprised that suddenly I became famous after five or six years.

Now,that's not the point. I wasn't very surprised until I went to Costa Rica. I made a speech, the first day,and I became famous immediately, one day, and it took me six years in China to make it.

One day in Costa Rica- they call me a living God. But this makes no difference to me at all. I was just surprised how things are different from one country to another. If they call me “living God” or “living ghost,” makes no difference actually, because you know your own worth,yes? You don't depend on other people.

I was saying that,for the Aulacese (Vietnamese) who have come to America, the level of the educational system in regards to religions is a little more open-minded; we refer to it as being “generous.”

So,I had been in China for six or seven years and I wasn't famous. When I went to Central America for just one day, I immediately became famous. They called me a “living Saint,” a “living Buddha.” In China,it took me five,six years. Hence,I said that, whether they call me a living Buddha or a living ghost, it makes no difference to me at all.

I was just very surprised at how things are different from one country to another; the difference is so vast like that. In one country, I was only there for one day and they didn't know me before. I just spoke a few words and they already called me a living Buddha, while in another country,it took me five,six years of working really hard but could not get anywhere. Therefore,I think the Western countries are more generous.

So I was happy when I came back to America, or in some kind of this open land. Yes. I heave a big sigh,I feel some kind of relief. But again,I would not abandon China or Formosa (Taiwan) just because of the difficulties I have encountered.

I just tell you the differences between the nations and maybe to congratulate you that you have such an open field, very freecountry,where human life is valued and where all religions are free to express their full potentials.

I said when I come to America or to some kind of open land that appears to be free, where human values are respected and all religions are allowed to develop to the utmost to serve humankind, I feel that I could breathe a little easier. But, not because of that reason that I would abandon Formosa (Taiwan) or China or the countries that are not as open.

I only mentioned it so that the Americans and the audience here would understand so that you could be happy for yourselves. I'm also happy for you that you can live in such a free country.

So we began with God and end with humanity. So we have not ended here actually. I was thinking this morning when I came on the stage before, that,“Oh God,how I'm going to speak to you? Maybe you already know everything.

” But then I had to do it because already appointed today. My disciples,or my fellow practitioners, had thought that my presence is necessary somehow. Maybe it reminded you of your own goodness, of your own potentiality, of your own most high power,and that you do not give up hope; or if you already are on your way,then please do not forget again.

Why do we must remember God so desperately? Because that is the only thing that saves us out of any kind of trouble, any kind of urgency, any kind of depression, sorrow and pain. If we realize God, nothing can shake us anymore. Nothing can make us fear any longer. We are so secured, so loved,so protected.

Prior to my arrival here, I said,“When I come onto the stage,what am I going to talk about? Perhaps every single audience member already knows. They already know the way to find their Buddha Nature, to discover the Kingdom of God within. And then I go up there, what more can I say? What if they get bored?”

But I had to do it because my disciples in this country had invited me and I'd already accepted and came here, so I had to go onstage. Then I thought,it would also good if I went onstage. Sometimes saying it again is also okay, in case some people haven't found their Buddha Nature, their Kingdom of God; then they may start to remember again and no longer forget it.

If you have already found it or are in the process of finding it, then don't retreat, do not forget it again and should thank God. Why must we remember God? Because if we don't remember God,then we'll be very lonely. All the miseries of life will press upon us until we can no longer bear it.

If we remember God, if one day we become enlightened and realize our Buddha Nature,our Kingdom of God,then nothing can pressure us, nothing can make us fearful,nothing can make us regress. There is no pain Nor difficulty that can shake us anymore.

Therefore,if we want to be happy,to feel free, we have to always remember God. We have to always think that God helps and protects us. But thinking like that is sometimes hard if we don't see for ourselves what God looks like, what the Buddha Nature is. Sometimes it's a little difficult not to be shaken. So we have to meditate every day to research our Buddha Nature.

But then,it is difficult to believe this God power or have an unshaken conviction about the existence of God or Buddha if we ourselves have not once or twice, or at least often,have a glimpse into this existence of the Most High which we call Godhead or the Buddha Nature.

Therefore,we sometimes tend to forget or to be shaken out of our belief. That's why enlightenment and getting in direct contact with God is still very necessary.  Faith is the first step to be in contact with God, but the second and the most important step is still to be in direct contact with God.

It is just like we know we have a great treasure our parents left behind for us,but if we haven't seen it,then we could hardly be convinced, and our speech to other people is still very humble,and still one of those very poor and penniless persons, not confident,not noble, not to convince people enough that you have a treasure.

It is just like we have a great treasure, but we haven't seen it or opened it to see,so when we talk to other people, our speech is still very humble,not confident. We say we have money but we didn't say it with the attitude of a millionaire.

A millionaire has a confident tone; when they speak people believe them right away. However,even those who know that they have a treasure inherited from the father, but haven't seen it, so they don't have that power behind their speech. Therefore,we have to see our treasure, so we can use a little bit of it to benefit ourselves And have a different attitude.

It's also when we discover the treasure that our parents left behind for us; not only that we have a very confident attitude,not that we want only a confident attitude in dealing with others, but that the treasure will profit us,will benefit us in many ways. No good to have a treasure locked behind somewhere and we starve and we have to work every day for every penny.

The same. The treasure, the greatest power, the greatest,you could not even imagine, power that lies within us, lies waiting for us to use. If even just a few people, just a part of the people in this world use this power, then the world would become Heaven already.

But very few people use this. We see only a handful of people use this - Buddha,Jesus,Socrates, yes? - and Krishna, Muhammad. Just a few. Yes,there are some more in modern times,like Sri Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Paramhansa Yogananda, etc.

These great beings, they know how to use their great potential. That's all there is, the difference. And we,most people, we do not know how to use it so we become ordinary and miserable and helpless; couldn't help ourselves, couldn't help others. So that's the difference.

The difference between us and Buddha or those great people is that they know how to use their Buddha Nature,they know how to use the power that God has given to us,within, the so-called Kingdom of God within or Buddha Nature within. But regrettably,I said if some of the people, a portion of the people, in this world knew how to use that power, knew how to use that wisdom,then our world would have become Heaven a long time ago.

It's not necessary that everyone in the world uses that power, just a few is enough. But regrettably, too few people make use of their powerful Self nature.Only a small number of people like the Buddha,Jesus, Ramakrishna or in this modern people like Yogananda, Vivekananda, Ramakrishna,etc.

Âu Lạc (Vietnam) also has a few saints, such as the Cao Đài saint, more recently. Before, there was Buddha, and more recently there are Prophet Huỳnh Phú Sổ and some other saints, Phạm Công Tắc. Perhaps more recently there are a few more. Are there any others?

The Coconut Saint.

The Coconut Saint is really good? The Coconut Saint has become a Buddha already? That's very good. It's very good that Âu Lạc (Vietnam) also has people who have become Buddhas. I've heard that he is famous,very famous. That is good. I'm very glad.

In Âu Lạc (Vietnam) we also have a few living saints. We call one of the saints is a Coconut Saint in the modern times. Why did we call him “Coconut Saint”? Because he lives on the coconut tree. He doesn't mix with society. He thinks nobody can understand him. Is that right? Yes?

Probably no one understood him so he went and sat on the coconut tree,as proof that he was lonely. It is true that when we've attained the Tao we feel very lonely,because not many people attain the Tao in this world. Whatever we say, not many people understand. It's already very good that they don't slander us.

So that's why our world is still deep in misery and troubles. So I thought if I could share with you a little technique,a little secret that I have learnt, that I have mastered, maybe it could help you to use your own greatest power to help yourself, your relatives,friends, and your nation.

And greatest of all, help the whole universe, because I have seen with my own awakened eye, that all the universe, all the beings in the universe, are linked together. We're all the same essence: we are only one. 

I have not read that from books only; I have seen this. Therefore,if you think you are still in misery and you think your life has not gone smoothly enough,that God has forsaken you, that you haven't seen God with your own eyes, then please let us help. Let us do that together and you find God.

Then you'll be happy as I am,as my fellow practitioners. And this,we all try many times,many thousands of people tried already, and no one failed. No one failed with the technique I convey, so I'm sure more and more each day that whoever come has faith,and practice with us, even for a few days, even the first day, the great change will take over.

If you already have your good technique, have your good gurus, you're already awakened, if you have seen God, then all right, I congratulate you. If you haven't, if you doubt, then you may try,and that's all I can say.

I said thatbecause I have seen with my own eyes, the Buddha eye, the third eye, I have seen clearly that all beings are one. I didn't read that from the sutras and then tell you; I've seen it myself. Therefore,I believe that if I help others, it is the same as if I've helped myself. If others are suffering, then I'm also suffering. Everything is interconnected. 

Therefore,because thousands of my disciples who've practiced this method have become enlightened and received the benefit. The first day, the second day, the third day,they got the benefit right away, or in just a few days,or even just the first day, they've already reaped the benefits, depending on their levels.

There is no one who has no benefit; there is no one who has not lessened his or her sufferings; there is no one who has not become enlightened. Therefore,I believe that this method is really great. If any one of you are already enlightened, have already attained the Truth,already have the inner bliss,then I am very happy for you.

You don't need to study You already have a good teacher or master, and you have the confidence that you are already enlightened, you are very happy and contented. Then it is good for those people.

If you're not enlightened and still doubt your own Buddha Nature, and still feel that you are suffering,that you lack inner peace, that you don't have enlightenment, haven't seen the light or heard the melody of the Buddha,then you can study with us so we can share those moments of bliss and reduce your sufferings, and you can help yourself,your parents and grandparents who have already passed away, or in the your future. And save your country, and help bring peace to the universe.

That's all I have to say , and I will end it here. I am finished now. I have finished my speech and wait for yours. Thank you very much.

If marriage is a sacred bond between husband and wife, and your husband was supportive of your spiritual work and there are also many saints and masters attaining enlightenment while married, why did you need to leave your husband?

Could he not have attained enlightenment with you? Or at least continue with you as a brother or supportive companion? Not that the duality of husband and wife continue?

Yes,you are right. But I wasn't enlightened then. I was so eager to seek God,to elevate the suffering of the world. I thought I couldn't do it with a husband,with a handful of duty. I thought I had to renounce everything so God will have mercy upon me,God will understand my sincerity.

I thought I had to leave everything. You don't have to, so don't be scared. Don't leave. I have told you already. It's all right. I'm happy the way I am and he is happy the way he is. He has his own work, I have mine. I am serving people better this way.

If I have a baby, what do you think? I'm giving a lecture and giving milk at the same time? Yes? And even though your husband would be supportive to you, but he has his needs too. Understand? I couldn't run around the world offering my service to people day and night.

I don't know how the other masters are. My case is different. Everyone is different. If you are happy as a householder, you'll be a householder. If you are happy to renounce the world,then you renounce the world. Yes? The world has many different kinds of people, yes,and different kinds of fields to serve.

I left my husband only because I wanted to serve people, not because I hated him. So I didn't do it with a bad motive. Understand? It is the motive that counts. It's not what you do, it's how,and what the outcome of it. I think my husband is very proud of me; he says he is.

And he is happy now, and so am I. And I couldn't like that kind of life. I couldn't serve only one or two - I have to serve the whole human beings at large. He supports me, but not as much as if I'm alone now. Understand? Not that I could go any place,any nation and anytime I want.

And you see,with the limited money of the householder… And then I have to keep birthday presentsand sister-in-law's present, mother-in-law's birthday, all this kind of thing. What do you think when I have time for you?

You know I work every night since I became famous, sometimes until 2,3 o'clock in the morning,giving initiation to people, attending to people, and then 5 o'clock get up again,meditate. How would I attend my husband?

All day long I'm away, all night I am with people, morning I meditate. What do you think about a husband who wants to have babies and who wants to have a wife attending to him? I want to give to people totally,totally.

Yes,being vegetarian can really have a big impact on this big issue which is the loss of biodiversity.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9210

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples