Download

Praying for Harmony through Music: Acclaimed Israeli Artist Shlomo Gronich (In Hebrew)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (64MB)    MP4(88MB)  
Today’s Enlightening Entertainment will be presented in Hebrew and English, with subtitles in Arabic, Aulacese (Vietnamese), Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Thai.

A woman of valor who can find? for her price is far above rubies Her children rise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her: Her children rise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her:

Shlomo Gronich is an internationally acclaimed, highly prolific and unique artist from Israel. As one of Israel’s most famous and original artists, Mr. Gronich has been praised by the media as “a genius beyond boundaries, a world-class musician…” with music that is “full of inventions… never a dull moment.”

He has been called the “greatest melodic talent in Israeli music.” Whether as a pianist or vocalist, solo or sharing the stage with other distinguished world artists or orchestras, Mr. Shlomo Gronich shows mastery, sensitivity, and genuine feelings through his music.

Music is the universal language, and through music, you can reach every heart.

Music is… a way to express your feelings, your sorrow, your happiness, your thought, your honesty.

People call me a multi-culture musician. And… I agree… I take this name with love. I have in Israel a children choir for more than 15 years now. You probably heard about the Ethiopian Jews, they brought them here, and I made a choir of children, the Sheba Choir. We perform all over the world with the Sheba Choir. And this also became something that all Israel loves.

And I love these children, they are great, they have great soul.

Although most widely known for his pop, folk, and rock compositions, Mr. Gronich has always blended various styles from across cultures. He has collaborated with many great artists, including with his beloved wife, the world-acclaimed harmonica virtuoso Ms. Michal Adler.

My wife, Michal Adler, she is a harmonica player. The Adler Trio is very famous. And she is one of the greatest instrumentalist harmonica players in the world. She’s a virtuoso. And they perform in China, in Japan, in Taiwan, all over.

And I wrote, for example, I wrote for them a piece called “Harmonicadence.”

Since I was a child, I’m not a great thinker. Most of what I do, I do from my heart from associations, from feelings. So when I was a child, through music, I want to combine the whole world to become one. I love music of different people, of different faraway places.

Since I‘m very, very young, African music, Far East music, Thai music, American music, Balkan music, Russian music, I love it because it’s very honest. Music of the land, it’s very honest. Every land has its own flavor of food, of music, the way the face looks, the language, and I am excited to meet these faraway people and to bring them close to me.

Through your music, what do you want to try to bring to people?

Harmony.

I’m sorry to say, but religion is bringing a lot of tension to the world. What is this? Religion should be a peaceful, harmony thing.

In the spirit of spreading peace, Mr. Shlomo Gronich has collaborated with artists both Israeli and international, including Russian pianist Mr. Leonid Petashka and renowned Arab singer Ms. Lubna Salame.

How can I sleep when I know others’ grief So many questions that just never leave, leaving reality blurred.

Ice cream, movies Hiking and streams Taken for granted in children's dreams.

In 2000, at a time of despair in the country, Mr. Shlomo Gronich composed and dedicated a song for the organization for Arab and Jewish youth, Peace Child Israel, who adopted it as their anthem. The song is called “We Brought Peace Upon Us”

in Hebrew and, in Arabic, it is called “There Is Nothing More Beautiful Than Peace.”

This song was dedicated to the youth children organization, which consists of Arab and Jewish children. And they’re trying to build peace among themselves, the way we all want peace to come to this trouble-ful land. And the song was written by an Israeli songwriter and Arabic songwriter, the lyrics, and I composed it for this youth organization. Then we heard the song.

And then, I chose four Arabic singers and four Israeli Jewish singers. We are all Israeli, the Arabic as well, and we gathered in the studio and we sang the song, the children were around and… and this song is really, a wish of mine, of many people in Israel, for the peace to come.

For the beautiful Middle Eastern-style peace song, whose lyrics alternate in Hebrew and Arabic, Mr. Gronich arranged for traditional Arab and Jewish instruments.

We have connections which our parents never dreamt of. We have discussions that were never before heard. We are here for one and all. We are a bridge and a ladder For all those who dream, For all those who have dreamt. And yet still in our lifetime, Still in our days on Earth, We will sing with our voices: We brought peace upon us. We brought peace upon us. We brought peace upon us. Peace upon us. We brought peace upon us. We brought peace upon us. We brought peace upon us. Peace upon us.

If your feast becomes mine, Your faith and your dreams too, Then we can build a new world of love and peace. When the intention becomes clear, All people turn to be human. A family drinks from the same cup: The cup of peace. From the cup of peace. From the cup of peace. From the cup of peace. There is nothing more beautiful than peace, There is nothing more beautiful than peace, There is nothing more beautiful than peace, Sweeter than peace. There is nothing more beautiful than peace, There is nothing more beautiful than peace, There is nothing more beautiful than peace, Sweeter than peace.

Yes, our parents ate the sour grapes of yesterday and the day before that. But our teeth, you’ll be surprised, Have not decayed up to now.

Together our hearts will meet And together we open our minds With the children of peace. With the children of dreams. From the cup of peace. From the cup of peace. From the cup of peace.

There is nothing more beautiful than peace,

We brought peace upon us.

There is nothing more beautiful than peace

Peace upon us.

There is nothing more beautiful than peace,

We brought peace upon us.

There is nothing more beautiful than peace

Peace upon us! Sweeter than peace!

There is nothing more beautiful than peace, We brought peace upon us. There is nothing more beautiful than peace, We brought peace upon us. There is nothing more beautiful than peace, We brought peace upon us. Peace upon us! Sweeter than peace!

May it be Your will, Eternal One, And our God and the God of our ancestors

Audiences find in Mr. Shlomo Gronich’s music hope for peace, but also an experience of profound spirituality. In one of his most recent projects, the artist has presented Biblical and sacred texts set to original music, infused with his personal spiritual journey.

My God While My Lord I glorify you My God While My Lord I glorify you

“Journey to the Source” is a spiritual project that came upon me in a strange way. I received the telephone call from a person I don’t know. He told me “Shlomo, you must make music to this beautiful verse in the Bible.” And he reads the verse for me from the Bible. I was very touched, I was very excited, and I told him, “Can you send it through the fax machine to me?” “Yes.” So he sent it to me.

I look at it, I go to the piano. I put it on the piano, I turned the recorder on, and the song came as full as it is. The music came in one piece. It’s very, very unique… for creation of music to be created like that. It existed before I even approached.

And this was a very beautiful prayer of the Jewish people, “Shabbat Morning Prayer.” The lyrics are so beautiful.

Even if song fills our mouth as water fills the sea and our tongue is happy as its many waves, and our lips praising like the spacious sky, and our eyes are shining like the sun and the moon, and our hands spread out like sky eagles, and our feet run as light as deer – we don’t have enough praises to praise You, Lord, our Lord and our father's Lord I’ve been dealing with the Bible before, through the years. I composed music for a whole chapter. But this time, somehow, I entered into this deep sea of the Jewish Bible, and it took me by surprise.

For the Jewish people, religious people who heard this music, this concert, they were amazed. They came to with tears to me after the concert, to tell me, that it’s the most holy thing they’ve heard. They tell me.

When I perform, I close my eyes. And some people told me, “Open your eyes, look at the audience.” I try and it’s difficult for me, because when I close my eyes, I’m closer to myself, somehow. I feel like a prayer.

Light up your face Let me hear your voice As your voice so pleasant And your look is humble As your voice so pleasant And your look is humble As your voice so pleasant And your look is humble As your voice so pleasant And your look is humble Your are my beautiful Your are beautiful Your are beautiful Your are beautiful Your eyes are like doves Like a rose between the thorns

I really wish love and peace to all of the people all over the world. I hope we can become really friends and keeping our world beautiful together with the big smile… and… and swim in the sea of love.

May it be Your will, Eternal One, our God and the God of our ancestors that You lead us toward peace, place our footsteps towards peace, Guide us toward peace, and make us reach our desired destination for life, gladness, and peace.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; He guideth me in straight paths for His name's sake. Sing praises unto the Lord with the harp Sing praises unto the Lord with the harp with the harp and the voice of melody. with the harp and the voice of melody. With trumpets and sound of the horn shout ye before the King, the Lord.

Our heartfelt thanks, Mr. Shlomo Gronich, for your mesmerizingly beautiful and uplifting music. As we join you in your wish for harmony and prayers for world peace, may we all reach out to one another with love just as you do with your music.

Thank you, blessed viewers, for your company on today’s Enlightening Entertainment. And now, please stay tuned to Supreme Master Television for Words of Wisdom, after Noteworthy News. May melodies of awakening resonate in your heart.

For more information about Shlomo Gronich, his concerts and music CDs, please visit or
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9219

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples