Download

Connecting Yourself with God - P1/3 May 7, 1999 Lisbon, Portugal (In Portuguese)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (134MB)    MP4(182MB)  

I'm very happy to see the whole audience here, and that our Portuguese friends have answered our call.

This evening is an evening unlike any other. This evening is the evening of the Supreme Master Ching Hai and yours. It is the first time that the Supreme Master Ching Hai has come to Portugal. She has come from far away to show us, to teach all of us the Quan Yin Method of meditation, but you will directly hear it from her.

While waiting for her presence, Tina, who comes from California, is going to talk to you for a few minutes about the benefits of vegetarianism in her life. You can find some recipes and some information about vegetarianism on your chair. Vegetarianism is indeed one of the conditions required to follow the Quan Yin Method.

The Quan Yin Method is instructed without conditions and is free of charge because it comes from the Master and is transmitted by the Master, and it is priceless. Only sincerity, the desire to practice, and vegetarianism are the required conditions for the respect of life. Tina will talk to you about it.

Let's welcome Tina.

About four-and-a-half years ago, I was not a vegetarian. I had just recently lost my career as a nurse anesthetist after being hit by a drunk driver. But even this negative incident is now a positive experience in my life, because it was what brought me to the Master.

Some people are on a spiritual search, others God must bring to their knees before they search. I was in the latter group. I had lost my career and I was very desperate and feeling down, and then one of the doctors' wives said, "Tina, I have to talk to you. I have to talk to you. I am coming over to your house."

And a bunch of doctors from the hospital that I worked came over to my home, and when everyone went for a walk, my friend, Mai, introduced me to the Master's teachings. And I was very happy with my own spirituality.

I prayed to God every day. I thought I was a good human being, but I listened to what she had to say. I tried to keep an open mind. But it was when I heard the Master's voice on a tape, I said, "Oh my God. She is a living saint!" Something hit me and it just… I said, "Oh my God! She is a living saint."

I never ate meat that day and that was the last time I ate meat. And it wasn't a decision; I just stopped. The first precept of most religions, of every great religion of the world, is: "I shall not kill."

And because we revere and love even our smaller brothers and sisters who are the animals, they are the sentient beings, we do not kill them for food. And you can read about this in Genesis, the first chapter in the Bible, about all the seeds and fruit that God made for us to eat.

Or you can read about it in the Bhagavad Gita. Even in Muslim religion it's mentioned. In all the great religions it's mentioned. So now, I don't have the guilt of eating creatures that I say I love: I stopped.

And I think if any one of us visited a slaughterhouse, perhaps we would feel that way also, that they suffer when they die. But the positive benefits - now I am going to speak about one that all the ladies will enjoy - in four years I will be 50 years old, and after I started the vegetarian diet and the Quan Yin Method, I lost all the wrinkles on my face. So you don't have to see a plastic surgeon to have beautiful skin.

Medically, okay, here are some of the medical benefits of a vegetarian diet. I'm Polish in background, and the Slovak people, the French people, there are many European groups that, from hereditary, have the high cholesterol gene.

So after seeing my father die and my sister just this past Monday have a cardiac catheterization - both of them ate terribly - so I don't want to end up the same way as they do. Even though I have the risk factors, the vegetarian diet will help.

Cancer risk: the vegetarian diet cuts your risk of cancer, and that's just not baloney. It's true! And the dairy association says, "Drink more milk, drink more milk; it makes stronger bones," but, no, they are not telling the truth, what truly makes strong bones.

The truth of this is that a high-protein diet filled with animal meat causes the leaching of calcium from the bones, and that's what causes the weakness of osteoporosis. And those patients who have this go into kidney failure and they go on the renal dialysis, the first thing the doctor does is to put them on a low-protein diet.

The vegetarian diet combined with the Quan Yin Method is the best recipe for a healthy, happy life, and you don't have to give up anything. You all have the recipes. I don't read Portuguese, but I can make all my Polish recipes at home without meat, and they taste delicious.

Does anyone knows what pierogis are? Or gołąbki? Kapusta? In Poland, they'll understand. But all these things you can bake - cookies, cakes, all these things. You don't have to give up dessert. You don't have to give up eating well. Thank you, and that's all I have to say.

Thank you very much, and thank you all for coming. It's such a beautiful country. This is the first time I have been here, and your people are very warm and friendly. Thank you very much for coming tonight.

Have you had time to get more familiar with the Quan Yin Method of meditation? Actually, the Quan Yin Method is the contemplation of the Sound. “Quan” is “contemplation,” “Yin” is the “Sound.”The Sound is the inner vibration, not the exterior sound.  

It is the Sound that the Bible was talking about, the “Word.” There is one sentence, This Sound is heard only with the inner ear. we must find a master who is capable of opening the inner ear and the inner eye that allow us to hear this Sound.

So the Quan Yin Method allows us to attain higher levels of consciousness, to get in touch with the Kingdom of God. Only a very high level master who has already been beyond these worlds can transmit this method. The Quan Yin Method is the path to lead us to God.

Master Ching Hai tells us that the path to God consists of the inner Light and the inner Sound. Whatever path we choose, we must have the Light and the Sound in order to find God. And the Quan Yin Method will offer you the inner Light and Sound. It can only be transmitted by a perfectly enlightened master. It's transmitted free of charge and without conditions. The Supreme Master Ching Hai.

"We all have Buddha Nature, and everyone can become Buddha."

He never says he is the only one and nobody else can become Buddha. And Jesus also says that, "Whatever I do, you can do even better," or "you can do also." All the masters in the past told us that we are children of God and that we can equally find God if we want to.

Of course, some of us want, some of us don't want, and that's another question. Yes. Whoever wants to find God will find Hirm. It takes some, a little bit, sometimes more, sometimes less, because for the opportunity to be ripen, for the time to be right. Then we'll find someone to show us how -a friend, a guide or somebody who already knows how to do it, to show us - and then we can do it right away.

Because we already have it, we've just forgotten where to find it. Yes. Just like if you have forgotten something in your pocket and you run around all over and asking, "Where are my glasses? Where are my glasses?"

Sometimes it happens like that. Or you put it on your head; your reading glasses, you put it up here, or your sunglasses sometimes, then you're too busy occupying yourself with some other important things, or you are very, very distressed or something, and then you forgot and you keep running all over, "Where are my glasses? Where are my glasses?"

But all the while it's here. If somebody else happened to pass by, he said, "Here, here! Right on your head." Isn't that easy? Is that easy? Then can you find it easily, immediately? Can you? Yes! Yes, to find God is as easy as that.

Believe it or not. I can tell you because it happened to me. I used to do fasting, I used to do penance, I used to kneel all day, I used to not sleep all night, I used to not eat for many weeks in order to pray that God have mercy on me, or that Hes reveal himself to me if Hes even exists. But Hes doesn't care.

That didn't work because it's not the right way. Then one day, he brought someone to me and told me that: "This is the way. You try it, and it works." And it did work right away.

Before that, I spent hours and days and months on end just to read all the Bibles, read all the sutras until my voice had no more and until I collapsed because of exhaustion, and sometimes I'd run here and there to different countries, different temples, different churches in order to ask the question: "Where is God? How can I find Hirm? Show me, show me!" but...

So many things I'd do: I'd recite the Bible, I'd recite the scriptures, I'd do the beads, I'd do the rosary - I'd do all kinds of things - and recite mantras. I went to imalayas. I bowed to the Earth, to the Heaven, for miles long.

So many things that I did, and it did not work until I found the way. That's it. It's the only one way, so easy just like that. Then, I saw God - I mean, in the form of whatever Hes chose to appear at that time.

I used to sleep with the Bible also; sleep with the Bible, or go everywhere with the Bible. And every morning, every night, after work, I'd read the Buddhist sutra. I prayed to both in case I did not know which one was right.

In case I had forgotten, one of them must hear me, but nothing. So, eventually, when you've found the right key, the right method, the right way, God just appears.And since then Hes has been appearing, Hes has been coming and going whenever Hes pleases with me, and it's okay because we are always together.

And I am so secure to know that God really exists, that I can always touch Hirm. I mean, in my soul I can always get in touch with Hirm, I can always contact Hirm, and Hes is always there, and Hes is everywhere. And Hes is inside me, outside me, Hes is in the air, Hes is everywhere.

Hes is in the microphone, Hes is in the flower, Hes is in you. All of you are God. And so I'm so secured, so loved, feel so good, so busting.

It's not that after meditation we always, like, hundred times out of a hundred, get everything we want, because it's not the case.

The thing is, the point is, whether we get what we want or not, we're still happy. And then we find a way to get something else instead. Instead of standing there and stamping our feet and feeling miserable about the things that we lost or the things that we could not get, we become more clever, more flexible, and then we try so many, many ways to get other things and just enjoy the process. That's the good thing about meditation. We will be almost always happy.

Well, I have to tell you, I just don't want you to have an illusion that when you meditate, then everything will just come your way. It does come. But sometimes if the things are not so good, it won't come. And sometimes, God gives you some very unusual situation and if we do not meditate, we will not understand the situation and we'll begin to feel miserable if it doesn't go our way.

Talking about things not going my way, I want to tell you a little joke. Because everybody was busy preparing this, so I didn't want to trouble them. I don't want a driver and I don't want people to, kind of, book hotel for me and look for a hotel or anything, so I took care of everything myself. And when I came here, they said, "There's no room for you." That's wonderful news!

And the taxi driver took more money than he is supposed to and then he left me on the street. He thinks I don't understand Portuguese.

When I came here, I had no room, so I also didn't want to trouble. I thought since I am a teacher, I can take care of myself, you know, "Master," take care of myself.

So I said, "Okay, never mind! I'll go around and look for a hotel." I went all over here and they don't have room because Portugal is so famous, everybody comes here for holidays. So all the hotels around here had no room. I had to go further and find a little, little small hotel; then it's okay. I forgot that I'd stay two nights, so I said to the hotel reception, "I stay only one night," and when I wanted another night, he said, "Sorry, booked.”

Move to another hotel. So I spread everything out already, ready for the lecture, and now I had to spread it all back in, in the luggage again, and then carry them myself to another hotel. Luckily I found one room for another day. It was fun, though.

It was fun. But before that, they dropped me also in the wrong terminal in Spain and I had to walk like many miles in order to find another terminal, and that was even more fun. So I have learned to cut my luggage into half. I probably have to cut more. And that's not all. A lot of tests in Portugal since I came here. A lot of tests!

When I came here, I called a taxi from my room. I said, "Please reserve a taxi for me and I will come down in five minutes."

So I specially ordered in advance and told the receptionist, "Please tell him to turn on the meter and wait for me and I'll come down soon." And when I came down, goodbye - nobody there. So when I came down, no taxi. Okay, so I went out on the street and waved one for myself. If you want things done, do it yourself. Good! Finally one taxi stopped, and he drove me just around the corner, up the hill, and guess what?

There was a big minivan in front of me on the hill, like this, pushing - right in front of my taxi - being pushed up the hill. Can you believe that? And my taxi driver was just about like half way up the hill, so I told him, "Just back up.

There is nobody behind. We just back up slowly and then we go the other way." And he said, "No, no. Wait. Wait!" I said, "I am in a hurry. Please, just back up." And he didn't back up, so I had to change to another taxi. Walked out of the taxi, went back to where I was, and waved down another taxi again.

Because I don't see how they will push that big van all over up over the hill; I don't see how they'd do that in ten minutes. So God plays a lot of jokes on me lately. And so, it's not that if we meditate, everything will always go smoothly.

It's not always like that, but we can always laugh at the situation instead of cry about it. There is always something we can do if we encounter obstruction while we are having the store of wisdom inside after we gain it through enlightenment.

And that's why most of the people, they worship the saints and the renunciates, the priests and the monks, etc. - those people who really are monks, who are really priests, who are really enlightened inside, because of their consistence in happiness, in contentment and in reliability.

And a lot of people follow them even though sometimes they don't seek out the fame or the fortune or the followers, but people will like to also come and be friends with them, these saintly people.

But most of the time, the persons who practice spiritually, they're always in luck;except the Master. The Master has to bear a different kind of destiny, yes, and that's why Jesus, for example, had to shed his blood for the bad karma (retribution) - so-called karma (retribution) - or the sins of his disciples when he was alive.

Because he took in so many people and sometimes he had to share their burdens invisibly, and that's why he had to suffer. Otherwise, as an enlightened master, he never ever has to undergo any hardship at all because the whole universe worships him.

The same with other spiritual teachers of all time: sometimes, most of the time, they have to undergo a lot of unpleasantness or physical suffering or sometimes mental torturing, but they don't feel it as a suffering.

They would feel also an honor to be of service to God. But generally speaking, the students of any master enjoy happiness, enjoy luck, enjoy fulfillment of any desire they ever have in life, be it physical, mental or emotional and, of course, spiritual. And the day they leave the physical body, they go direct to Heaven. There is no doubt about that.

trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9245

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples