Download

SUPREME MASTER CHING HAI ON THE ENVIRONMENT First Be Veg, Then We Can Develop Sustainable Technology - P3/5 A compilation of Supreme Master Ching Hai's lectures    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (57MB)    MP4(77MB)  
So global climate destabilization threatens the very existence and continuation of our civilization, so shouldn’t it occupy 100% of our attention? Doesn’t this issue kind of trump every other issue, and shouldn’t we focus 100% on this question because life on planet Earth depends upon it? Of course, of course. That’s why you guys ask questions about it. So you’re worried. Very worried, yes. Thank you for having this conference so that we can share idea.

That’s why it seems important for me to reach out to other people. I think they’re ready to hear and accept the message that vegetarianism is necessary to save our planet. Yes, and also technical reverse, like wind power, sun power and all that stuff. Yes, absolutely. Sustainable energy.

Well, it also depends on the karmic burden of the world, and we try our best. We will let them know on the TV and also individually, wherever we can. All right? All right? Okay. Thank you. It’s just sometimes I’m just thinking, I don’t know if people even listen. Do you understand?

Yes, I understand, Master. Yes, the other day I went out in a restaurant just to see somebody and then I talked to him about climate change and I just like half jokingly, I said, “Well, we have only four, five years, you know that?” And he said “No, no, no. We have 50 years.” And I said, “…couple of years. Scientists…” “No, we have fifty years.” And even then, 50 years, how long is that?

You see what I mean? But just the way they say 50 years like, no problem, it’s like another five million years, something like that. Fifty years to them is like five million years. Something like it doesn’t concern them right now and they just don’t seem too concerned. And my place, I went to a new place and my place is right near the highway, not too near but because I live on a high mountain and the sound just comes up. Like day and night, thousands of cars passing by.

All this is really telling me something. Understand. But nevertheless, we don’t give up yet, we’re doing things. We’re still airing our TV, and we’re still doing our job. But on the other hand I’m telling you the reality. Do you understand? Yes. Yes, Master. Now, 53% of the Americans say, “Okay, vegetarian is good for the planet and for the individual help.” But I don’t know if 53 percent of them are doing it. Not yet.

But the more the message gets out there, the more people will change their life. We do it, we do it. I was thinking even to advertise the whole NASA message on newspapers and pay for it. Yes, I think that’s great! All the newspapers and on TV, but we will see what we can do.

Given the situation and the time frame, we do what we can. Yes, Master. Don’t forget that it’s not just vegetarianism. They have to reverse the technology and everything else, as well. Yes, of course. Vegetarianism is for the long term benefit, to lessen the bad karma (retribution), to touch the mercy of Heaven. But everybody else has to also contribute, like sustainable energy, etc., etc. It takes the whole planet to do it together.

Good evening. I have just one simple question. Since we are talking about global warming this evening, my question is: If you look at recent years, there have been several natural catastrophes. For example, last week there was a disaster in China, the cyclone in Myanmar and a great heat wave in Spain – a whole lot. My question is, in your personal view, are these all caused by global warming? If so, why are they increasing compared to the past? I’d like to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

Okay, yes, Mr. Kim. According to the UN and scientists’ research and reports, 9 out of 10 disasters are because of global warming. So, of course, you know about this because you are a journalist, but I know you are asking this question for the public’s sake. You see, we have more disasters nowadays, and it saddens my heart very much. I keep trying to tell everyone to minimize it. From an individual standpoint, just stay away from animal products, plant trees, use sustainable energy. It’s only three steps actually. Very baby steps. I hope everyone still listens, and still will do it.

Hallo, Master Ching Hai. Hallo! Hallo! First of all, I would like to say that it’s my honor to have a chance to listen to Master Ching Hai’s words. I think we are at a turning point. We are at a point where we will have to face a dark future unless we change. In order to solve the problem, every sector in our society has been making many efforts. What I want to ask you is about our coping strategy. It seems like civic organizations and academic institutes are leading the initiatives to stop global warming, but it seems like the government is lagging behind.

For example, Seoul National University, which is a national institution, consumes one of the highest amounts of electricity. The energy consumption levels of government institutions are high as well. However, I think lowering our consumption level is not the only solution. I would like to ask your opinion about what the public sector, especially governments, should strive to achieve in terms of policy.

As I have mentioned before, we have to tackle the root of the problem. The root of the problem is the cause of global warming, and that root is our unkindness to our co-inhabitants. Every action provokes a reaction, and this is very scientific. You see, if we sow an apple seed, we will get an apple tree, and from that apple tree, after a while it will bear apple fruits for us. This is a circle of life. If we kill, we cannot expect life from it. Every action bears the same fruits afterwards. It’s not religious speaking, it is scientific.

So, now, the root of our problem is that we have been unkind to our co-inhabitants: the living, feeling, walking, acting, loving beings, like animals, of all size and shapes, and we have also been unkind to our environment. So, we have been massacring our co-inhabitant animals, and we have been destroying our environment, like deforesting and destroying the water and destroying the air. From all this, we cannot expect a better outcome. So, in order to solve the problem that we are facing right now, we have to reverse our actions. We have to be kind to our co-inhabitants. Instead of killing them, massacring them, sacrificing them, we have to take care of them, have to be kind to them, look after them.

And instead of deforestation, we have to plant trees again, take care of whatever environment that we have. And instead of polluting our planet, the air, we have to turn to friendly energy and sustainable energy. Just reverse our actions. I think we have to come together as a people to let the government know what we want. Write to the government, all of you, all of the people. The people have to understand, that the government also have their own problems, yes.

There’s no problem greater than saving our lives and the lives of the next generation. If everyone realized this, then we would drop everything else. Everything that is not useful to us, everything that is not kind and conducive to our living here and our next generation’s life, we have to change, we have to drop it. Drop it like a hot cake, like a hot potato, because it burns you. No matter what everyone else says, no matter how much you lose, you have to drop the hot plate because it hurts you.

Global warming is like a hot plate, iron-hot burning plate. We must take care. If the governments do not take care, the people just take care. Just become vegetarian, refuse all the animal products, then nobody will raise animals anymore, nobody will kill them anymore.

Then we stop the physical harmful effect of animal stock raising, which is the number one cause for our climate change. And that’s the only one that we as individuals can immediately contribute. We can change it. No need to wait for the government. We do it. The people have to take action and then perhaps the government will come along with it. If the government doesn’t lead you, you lead the government. There is no need to sit there blaming each other. But you see, it’s up to everyone to choose what they want.

As I have told many times, God gives us free will. I respect that also, so I can only inform, I can only give my opinion, but the people have to do it. Because the people have God inside them, they have wisdom, they have understanding. It’s just that they have to choose to use it. Now, we have to do more than that, it’s not fast enough right now, it is urgent. You see the killing of animals will be the killing of ourselves and our next generation. That is the fact. Like attracts like. What we sow so shall we reap. There’s no need to even talk about religious scriptures; it’s just a fact like that.

Charcoal is an energy source regularly used in Africa mostly in household activities because it is cheaper, compared to gas. However, its use has caused many parks to be deforested and not reforested, while the burning of charcoal also increases air pollution. Please, Master, could you give us advice about other energy sources that would be affordable and could help us avoid deforestation and air pollution? Hallo.

Yes, I understand, and I am glad people such as yourself are concerned about preserving our forests. We must protect the trees as much as we can. According to the environmental organization Greenpeace, 8% of the Earth's forest-related carbon is stored in the vast rainforests of the Congo River Basin in Central Africa. Scientists predict that continued deforestation of the Congo will release the same amount of CO2 as the United Kingdom emitted over the last 60 years! Imagine that. So, it is important to preserve the forest while we still can because it helps in addressing global warming.

Another alternative that could be used to avoid deforestation is something called green charcoal, or biochar, which has been introduced in Senegal. This is made from agricultural waste products, is affordable and prevents deforestation. It also absorbs CO2 as well, which is why climate scientists support the use of it. It absorbs the CO2 very well. So this is one alternative. And, of course, if possible you can use a sustainable energy alternative such as a solar oven cooker, which is safer and causes no air pollution at all. So, these are just some examples of affordable energy sources we can try and share with one another. I’m sure there are more. You can do some internet research to see any better solution up to date. But the most important and most urgent, once again, is the veg diet. V-E-G diet.

This is the good deed that you can do to help save the planet as a whole, because this will most quickly reduce global warming. And it’s not just that. Truly, being veg is not just about reducing greenhouse gases. It is about stopping the suffering of the animals and their cruel inhuman mistreatment. We have to be a noble species; we have to be noble human beings. This is what it is all about, we have to stop inhumane treatment of animals. And if we, in Africa, join together to be veg, we will be blessed by all the Heavens. Please spread the good solution info.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9300

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples