Download

The Greenest Heroes Gala - P3/11    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (119MB)    MP4(162MB)  
Our next performer is well known for three things, and I bet you, you can’t guess what they are.

He has good vibrations. He popularized surfing in the USA. And he gets around, round, round. He gets around. (Yes.)

Al Jardine is a founding member of one of the most well-known and most loved band of all times, The Beach Boys. Yes!

He is an American icon, and the music of this band still resonates. There he is! Thank you, thank you. Yes, the music of that band still resonates in the minds and heart of millions of fans worldwide.

So people, Al, the guy in the middle, provided the harmony vocals and was the guitarist, of course, for The Beach Boys. (Thanks for coming, guys.) Singing lead on songs such as “Help me Ronda”…

No, no, no, no, you have to sing it.

No, I’ll leave that to you, my darling. “California Saga,” “Vegetables,” “Transcendental Meditation,” many, many others. This outstanding group has been awarded the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, and Al was also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

For this evening’s performance, Al will be performing three pieces for us.

The first is his original composition adapted from Supreme Master Ching Hai’s own poem, “Eternal Ballad.”

Again? My God.

His second number will be “Surfer Girl,” with music and lyrics by Brian Wilson. And finally, he will perform “Kokomo,” with music and lyrics by John Phillips, Scott McKenzie, Mike Love and Terry Melcher. Al Jardine will be lead vocalist accompanied by his sons, Matt and Adam. Take it away, boys.

Thanks for coming.

Thank you so much. Thank you.

Greetings to the God within!

Well, we are indeed happy to be here tonight. Supreme Master, it’s very gracious of you. And we have chosen to sing for you, one of our favorite poems, called “The Eternal Ballad,” which is just a gorgeous poem, and very deep, intellectually deep and spiritually deep poem that we’ve put to music. And my two sons, Matthew and Adam, are going to be my background singers, and it’s going to be beautiful. (Thank you.) And then I would like to do a couple of more familiar, maybe some contemporary songs, by The Beach Boys. And we just selected a couple of random tunes for you. I hope you like them.

In my dream You came to me, Whispering love Eternally
Whispering love Eternally. In my dream You came to me
Me-mo-ry When time was young And life took wings Beyond heaven!
Me-mo-ry When time was young And life took wings And my heart sang Golden time!...
Of longing pine For the Home We've left behind For the Home We've left behind
In my dream The soul's so bright
The thousands suns Adorn the sky The trillion stars Light the milky way!
The trillion stars Light up the night. Golden time!...
Of longing pine For the Home We've left behind For the Home We've left behind
We've left behind We've left behind We've left behind

Thank you so much, I hope you like it. (Thank you, thank you.) Alright. It’s a beautiful poem. I love the concept of the Milky Way, the trillion stars light up the night. It’s just beautiful.

Thank you.

Well done.

Thank you.

Well done.

I am glad you like it, and I am very honored.

Yes, these are her original lyrics, I want you all to know. These are very, very beautiful lyrics.

I am honored that you like it.

And deserves a nice around of applause, I think, yes, indeed, yes. Bravo! Bravo! Now, The Beach Boys recorded a song years ago, about a little surfer girl thatkind of encapsulated the sound of The Beach Boys in their beautiful harmonies. And I’d like to do that for you now as well.

Thank you.

Thank you, thank you.

One, two, three.

Little surfer little one Made my heart come all undone
Do you love me, do you surfer girl
Surfer girl, my little surfer girl
I have watched you on the shore Standing by the ocean's roar
Do you love me, do you surfer girl Surfer girl, surfer girl
We could ride the surf together
While our love would grow In my woody

I would take you, everywhere I go
So I say from me to you I will make your dreams come true
Do you love me, do you surfer girl
Surfer girl, my little surfer girl
Little Girl surfer girl my little surfer girl
Little Girl surfer girl, my little surfer girl

Thank you, thank you very much. Thank you. There is a little Latin American tune that we did. It has a nice rhythm to it. It reminds us of this area here in the world, where the ecology is so beautiful and unspoiled. And we would like to do that for you now I think. It’s called “Kokomo,” and it’s in a fictitious island in our dreams that we want to go to when we want to get away from it all.

That’s in this area!

Yes, as a matter of fact, it probably is.

Aruba, Jamaica I wanna take you To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego Baby why don't we go

Off the Florida Keys There's a place called Kokomo
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all
Bodies in the sand Tropical drinks melting in your hand We'll be falling in love
To the rhythm of a steel drum band Way down in Kokomo
Aruba, Jamaica I wanna take you To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego Baby why don't we go

Down to Kokomo We'll get there fast And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go Way down to Kokomo To Martinique, that Monserrat mystique
We'll move out to sea We'll perfect our chemistry By and by we'll defy a little bit of gravity
Afternoon delight… Cocktails and moonlit nights
That dreamy look in your eye Gives me a tropical contact high
Way down in Kokomo Aruba, Jamaica I wanna take you
To Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama Key Largo, Montego
Baby why don't we go I wanna take you down to Kokomo
We'll get there fast And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go Way down to Kokomo

Well, that’s it. That’s it.

That’s it, that’s about as… Halo! Hey! All right!

We… I got one more for you though. You want to try?

For my vegetarian friends out there, we’d like to dedicate this to you. My friend Paul McCartney a long time ago, came to our recording studio. And he is a vegetarian, you know. And he helped me, he produced this song for The Beach Boys, I should say. And so I’d like to do it for you because it’s kind of cute.

Please!

I think you’ll like this.

I’ll bet this will be the first song ever written about a vegetable!

I'm gonna be round my vegetables I'm gonna chow down my vegetables
I love you most of all My favorite vegetable
Oh, take a vego If you brought a big brown bag of them home
I'd jump up and down and hope you'd toss me a carrot
I'm gonna keep well my vegetables Cart off and sell my vegetables
I love you most of all My favorite vegetable Table vego
I tried to kick the ball but my tenny flew right off
I'm red as a beet 'cause I'm so embarrassed

I tried to kick that ball but my tenny flew right off
I'm red as a beet 'cause I'm so embarrassed
I know that you'll feel better When you send us in your letter
And tell us the name of your Your favorite vegetable
I know that you'll feel better When you send us in your letter
And tell us the name of your Your favorite vegetable

There you go!

All right for all of you vegans out there.

That was a bonus track.

I knew you’d like it!

We love you! We love you!

We love you! We love you! We love you! We love you!

We love you! We love you!

God bless you, Al!

(Thank you guys. Thank you.)

Al Jardine. Wasn’t that amazing?

Yes!

I love these guys!

What’s really extraordinary is that Lionel and I came here, we did not meet each other before this conference, but having been here for the past couple of days together… An added benefit of of coming and sharing our time with you, Supreme Master Ching Hai, is that we’ve met other people of like mind and have become very good friends. So now I’m looking around the room, I see a lot of people that I feel are like family now. And Al Jardine is one of them. (Yes.)

I think she just appeared from the celestial dream.

(She beamed down celestially.) Welcome. Thank you for coming.

Thank you for being here. They told me that our Association Members just come in between the great programs. You know like the Korean dance, or the Chinese harp, etc. We are the between people, just like here, we are the between in Cancún. We are no one and we are someone. We’re nobody, and yet we’re doing something.

Like that. So, please, don’t be surprised if there is no introduction, all right? And just enjoy!

This is one of our Association members from China, if you would like to know. They’re all beautiful like that in China. Yes. And Taiwan (Formosa), and Hong Kong, you know, wherever the Chinese people are, they’re like that, okay? Now, you look at one sample. So, please do visit China, Taiwan (Formosa), Singapore, Malaysia, etc. Go ahead!

I know you can clap forever because they are really beautiful, but I want to tell you, do you recognize them? They pass on the flyers on the street in front of the (Cancún) Messe.

All of them, whoever comes, they are doing all kinds of job. I told you, we are in between people.

We are the shadows.

So that’s why you don’t recognize them. They are beautiful, no? It’s Chinese. Okay? One Chinese, one Taiwanese (Formsan). They are all Chinese. I love them so much. They are so devoted. I’m really humbled by their sincerity and devotion. If everyone works like that we have world peace in yesterday.

That beautiful delicate melody reminds us of the delicacy of the world in which we live. It resonates with the fact that we are custodians of our planet and it is a delicate place. We all share a role in preserving it. Just lovely. And of course the melodies, Supreme Master, just gorgeous, thank you so much.

The beautiful melodies that you just heard were written off of Supreme Master Ching Hai’s poems. The first one was “I Will Forever Love You”, which was originally in English, and the second was originally in Aulacese (Vietnamese). And that was really quite beautiful, so thank you again for your contribution.

Off the Florida Keys There's a place called Kokomo It’s quite diverse and amazing and I must say, it’s very impressive that this was all put together in a matter of days. We have a song called “Vegetables.” We performed that song this evening for Master Ching Hai. Matthew starts tapping on his little glass, because it’s a little novelty song that enlivens the senses really and it’s cheerful, you know. And it’s about enjoying your vegetables and being healthy.

And I saw her face light up out there and then she started tapping a glass or something. You know everybody participates that way and I think it really, it was the perfect place to showcase that song. Your favorite vegetable It’s just a beautiful lyric. It’s very expansive. We looked at many of the poems and we thought this one would fit our style best, because it has rhyme, it has meter. And it’s very profound, really. I mean there’re not many songs about the Milky Way, and the stars. And you know, I like those kind of songs. This turned into a beautiful ballad, I think. And it’s called the “Eternal Ballad,” so it really works. We've left behind We've left behind

It has been an amazing event, and I didn’t know this organization before and I think it’s extraordinary. Congratulations. I think the message behind is completely correct. If we want to change the planet we have to first change ourselves. And definitely food is the number one (way) we can do, all of us. And I’ve been a vegetarian all my life, so I completely agree with this.

I think this is how we’re going to solve the climate problem. You know, we can solve a little bit in negotiations, but much of it is really going to happen just through all the interaction of many of the people of goodwill who’ve come together from countries around the world. And tonight we saw much of that in this wonderful gathering that happened here, really bringing people together. Looking at the importance of food as part of the solution to climate change. And our habits that we have and the care that we take for the planet and for other beings.

In Florida, there is pig farming, they have these pig culture places. And it’s poisoning the waters for the manatees down in the Florida area, they found the toxicity in the water.

I’m really glad I came and I benefited so much. I’m beginning to see a different angle as to vegan, and it’s something that’s worth looking into definitely.

If you become a vegetarian, you will not suffer. You will only have a proper diet that improves your health and your lifestyle.

And we help the world.

Actually, I found it very interesting, the event was perfect. One more hero! I was about 85% vegetarian. About a month ago when I went and spoke to a meeting in London and I guess I’ve now become a 100% vegetarian. My children have all been vegetarian for the last 25 years, and you know, they’re healthy. My son is a triathlete and I think that what we saw tonight with many of the people who’ve been active in this is that their health certainly has not suffered and they look remarkably healthy. And I think that not only the health of the planet could benefit, but also people’s personal health, their hearts and so on. And just how they feel about themselves is also important and advanced by this.

This decision to change the world is in the hands of all of us. Because even if the leaders take decisions, if we don’t follow, if we don’t change our life habits, our everyday habits on how we use energy, on how use food, on what footprint we leave on the planet. So it’s a collective action, that’s the beautiful thing about making this change in humanity. It depends on all of us. I’ve been working on environmental education all my life, and I very much appreciate this, and I’m very impressed by her, Master. I think it’s incredible how such a small woman, tiny woman can have such an energy to move all this. And I want to thank her, and all the organization.

Be Veg, Go Green 2 Save the Planet!

Thank you for being with us for Supreme Master Television’s rebroadcast of “The Greenest Heroes Gala.” Please join us Tuesday, March 8 for part 4 of this meaningful event. Words of Wisdom is up next here on Supreme Master Television. Blessed be all who lead a compassionate, planet-saving way of life.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9592

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples