Ways to Vibrant Health: Answers from Nutritionist Anne-Marie Roy (In French)   
Part 1 Play with windows media ( 41 MB )
Part 2 Play with windows media ( 45 MB )

Hallo, vibrant viewers and welcome to another episode of Healthy Living. Every day more and more people are becoming interested in peaceful, healthy vegan and vegetarian diets.Those new to or considering adopting these lifestyles may have questions about the body’s needs in regards to nutrition.

An expert who can address such concerns is vegan dietician-nutritionist Anne-Marie Roy, graduate of Laval University in Québec, Canada and co-author of the best-selling cookbook 『Vegetarians, Not Vegetables!』 which features many delicious vegetarian recipes.

Due to her nutritional expertise Ms. Roy was named official co-spokesperson of the 2009 Eat Well Expo and Living Green event in Montreal and Québec City, which showcased the latest trends in nutrition, organic food and healthy living.Now let’s join our Supreme Master Television correspondent and Ms. Roy.

SupremeMasterTV(f): Well, we are happy to have you with us because you are really an ambassador, I would say, of vegetarianism. You are involved in almost everything that concerns vegetarianism in Québec, and we are very proud to have you with us today to answer all our questions.

HOST: We first asked Ms. Roy about some of the common misconceptions of those unfamiliar with the vegetarian and vegan diets.

Anne-Marie(f): I could say that one of the important elements that make people reluctant to quit the meat is that they are afraid of lacking some nutrients.

I myself am convinced that there are many women who force themselves to continue to eat meat. I think that women are much more ready to become vegetarians, perhaps because they have a greater sensitivity, I don’t know.

If they knew that they wouldn’t lack any iron, that they wouldn’t lack any nutrients, I think that there would be more of them. I say this all the time, that there is a great deficiency among vegetarians; it is a deficiency in illnesses. Vegetarians, it is proven, if you look at all the research that has been done, vegetarians are healthier than non-vegetarians.

If we look at cancer, vegetarians have a much lower risk of developing cancer whether it is hormone-dependent cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer or any form of cancer.

Heart disease is also a lot less common among vegetarians; in general, there is a lot less obesity, fewer kidney problems and fewer intestinal problems.

The health of vegetarians is very good.If we look at epidemiological studies from all over the world, most people in countries where they eat very little meat or no meat are much healthier.

For more information on Anne-Marie Roy, please visit www.annemarieroy.com

Related Link

Let Food Be Our Medicine - Dr. Brian Clement of the Hippocrates Health Institute
Play with flash player Play with windows media

Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Fish: An Interview with Dr. David Jenkins

Dr. Terry Mason and the Restart (Meatless January ) Campaign

Mike Anderson: The Rave Diet

Vegan Nutrition with Dr. Eric Slywitch

Dr. T. Colin Campbell's The China Study: Reducing Risk of Disease through a Vegan Diet

An Interview with Dr. Adiel Tel-oren, Founder of Ecopolitan

Kennen Sie die Fakten über Milch? Ein Interview mit den Filmemachern von The Milk Documentary

Let's Make the Change - Protect the Environment - June 4 2009 Veracruz, Mexico 
 Sacred Earth: A Journey to the World’s Holy Places with Martin Gray 

Climate Change Conference with Supreme Master Ching Hai
Supreme Master Ching Hai on the Environment
Videoconference with Supreme Master Ching Hai and TV staff
Lectures from International Gatherings in 2008 and 2009
Simple & Nutritious Cooking with Supreme Master Ching Hai
Breatharians
The King & Co.
Aphorisms scrolls
Award of the Month Scrolls
Constructive Scrolls
Peace & Freedom Scrolls