A European group advocating the animal-free diet celebrates its 10th anniversary - 26 Nov 2010  
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend    Print

In veg news, a European group advocating the animal-free diet celebrates its 10th anniversary. The Belgium-based organization Ethical Vegetarian Alternative, also known as EVA, commemorated a decade of promoting the compassionate lifestyle. As one of the largest veg organizations in Europe, EVA is known worldwide for starting the “Thursday Veggie Day” campaign. This led to its successful adoption by Belgium’s Ghent City government and public schools in 2009. It also attracted global media and government interest in the health, animal, and environment-protecting initiative.

(In Dutch)
Nic Balthazar (m): I think EVA is a remarkable organization that really shows how a few people can have a gigantic effect by continuously believing in their cause and by carrying it out in an honest and fun way.

ANCHOR: Today, with a core of five dedicated leaders and 3,000 members and volunteers, EVA continues its devoted work of sharing the Earth-saving veg message. Joining in the anniversary event were EVA’s many friends, including Ghent Vice Mayor The Honorable Tom Balthazar.

(In Dutch)
EVA Volunteer (f): I was involved from the start. And I also saw it evolve from vegetarianism as a marginal phenomenon, to something more and more mainstream, and that makes me very happy.

(In Dutch)
Bart Franck (m): Now that we are gradually reaching the public at large, we would like over the next five years to put the issue of meat reduction on the political agenda.

ANCHOR: Bravo, Ethical Vegetarian Alternative, on your anniversary and significant accomplishments. We wish you continued success in informing leaders and co-citizens alike about the important benefits of plant-based living. Through your efforts, may the joyful veg trend gain ever more momentum in every corner of the world. Supreme Master Ching Hai sends all her love and best birthday wishes.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/killers/505

::: Killers :::
SOLUTIONS for the PLANET from Supreme Master Ching Hai
Meat
Milk
Alcohol
Drugs
Tobacco
Warning News
Swine Flu Update
Stop Animal Cruelty
Flesh eating is the number one killer