Climate change summit reaches midway point amidst warning from new report - 2 Dec 2011  
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code   Print

Climate change summit reaches midway point amidst warning from new report.
A week following the report by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), linking climate change to increasing disasters, a new document from another UN agency cautions leaders and the world of what global warming has in store if drastic actions are not taken. Supreme Master Television’s correspondent reports from Durban, South Africa.

Correspondent (F): Inside the conference rooms in Durban, negotiators are finalizing the first week of talks before their countries’ ministers and heads of state arrive next week. Outdoors, increasingly erratic weather patterns here in South Africa remind us that the time is now to act on climate change.

South African citizen (F): In Durban at this time of the year, it should be hot. And we’ve noticed there’s more strange weather going on. When we do have storms they’re more severe than what we’ve had in the past.

Correspondent (F): On Tuesday, a new, alarming report released by the United Nations World Meteorological Organization (WMO) stated that if global temperatures continue to rise, there is a point at which climate change would become irreversible.The report cited recent findings such as Arctic sea ice shrinking to record-low volumes in 2011, as well as it being the 10th hottest year sincerecords began in 1850.

Meanwhile, as extreme drought in East Africa has claimed tens of thousands of lives, the US saw 14 extreme weather disasters so far this year with damages of at least US$1 billion each, and Asia and Latin America were hit by deadly, widespread flooding.

Fernando Tudela – Mexican Vice Minister for Planning and Environmental Policy (M): The state of Tabasco has been underwater. They simply cannot cope with the floods. And currently this year, we are suffering in the north perhaps the worst drought in 70 years. Climate change is not just a possibility, it’s something that we are already suffering.

Muroko Japhet – Kenyan activist, PanAfrican Climate Justice Alliance; vegan (M): As we are talking now, our environment is in the intensive care unit. It needs real rescue.

Correspondent (F): With such urgent reflections being seen around the globe, members of the Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association have been campaigning for one major and effective way to lower temperatures – the organic vegan diet. They have been distributing SOS flyers and other literature, along with delicious vegan sandwiches, including at the nearby Climate Change Response Expo, set up by the South African Department of Environmental Affairs to invite organizations and companies to present their green initiatives.  The response to the vegan solution has been excellent, with some even pledging to be veg.

Citizen – South Africa (F): After I’ve eaten this sandwich, I’ll become a vegetarian.

Youth climate activist (F): Part of our project is to do organic gardening, I think now I just found a reason to why should I plant more vegetables because I’m going to be a vegetarian now, since I tasted the sandwich.

Correspondent (F): Reporting from Durban, South Africa for Supreme Master Television.

VOICE: Our appreciation, government decision makers and other delegates for your efforts in Durban. May we navigate our world to safety through noble leadership and urgent endeavors, the most needed of which is the Earth-cooling organic vegan policy.

During a 2011 interview with the US-based Spiritual Awakening Radio, Supreme Master Ching Hai explained the root cause of the world’s calamities and urged the government leaders to use their power to save the planet.

Supreme Master Ching Hai : Up to now, humans have created and still are creating tremendous bad energy, you see, bad karma (retribution) – that means “bad energy” – that twists around us like a chain, and it gets tighter at every passing moment so that maybe, at some point, we can't even escape.

Almost every day we look on TV, there’s a disaster somewhere in some country, one way or another, yes, or war or conflicts. We need intervention now, more than ever, from a force that is much stronger than this binding chain, to break it loose.

That power is the universal love within ourselves. I do believe that “vegan” will save the planet, and I do believe that the government leaders, the world leaders, can bring it into fruition, make it into law even. People are ready.

So Vegan Law should be implemented, because it’s a loving reminder of all citizens to be peaceful within and without, live and let live. If we do not kill animals, then we will not kill man, and peace will be naturally achieved.
http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFL5E7MU62T20111130
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-30/u-s-says-un-green-climate-fund-needs-small-changes-in-structure.html

Extra News
Scientists report that as of November 2011, several species of fish in China’s largest freshwater lake, the Hongjiannao, are threatened with extinction as the lake's salinity increases due to a drop in levels following drought along with regional coal mining activities, making the waters uninhabitable for fish.

http://english.cntv.cn/20111121/104835.shtml
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/sci/2011-11/20/c_131258672.htm