(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Walnut Salad Dressing
1 cup water
1½ cups walnuts
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons tamari
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1 teaspoon umeboshi plum vinegar Mixed Salad
2 cups of mixed green leafy vegetables
1 or 2 carrots, grated
1 or 2 stalks of celery, chopped fine
½ cup of purple cabbage, chopped fineNutritional Yeast Vegan Cheesy Melt Sauce
½ cup nutritional yeast
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 cloves crushed garlic, pre-softened by light frying
⅛ cup olive oil
1½ cups water
1½ teaspoon wet mustard
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour Serve with
Brown rice and wild rice
6 bananas, sliced about 1 inch thick
1 inch ginger, grated
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of allspice
Pinch of nutmeg, freshly ground
¼ cup blackstrap molasses
1 cup water
Walnut Salad Dressing
- Cut the edge of the garlic and squish the skins, and then put the garlic into the blender.
- Add in a cup of water.
- Add in 1 ½ cup of walnuts.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of dark sesame and 2 tablespoons of regular sesame oil.
- Add in the umeboshi plum vinegar.
- Grind the fresh black pepper, and then add into the blender.
- Turn on the blender and then set it aside.
- The dressing is ready, and can be used on vegetables or rice or potatoes salad.
Nutritional Yeast Vegan Cheesy Melt Sauce
- To prepare the salad, cut the carrots into stripes.
- Chop the celery into fine pieces.
- Add in any kind of mix salad green mix.
- Add in the finely chopped of ½ cup of purple cabbage.
- Mix them all.
- Add in the walnut salad dressing on top of the vegetables.
- Ready to be served.
- Chop the garlic fairly fine and then put it into the pan with some olive oil.
- Cook the garlic, and then add in ½ cup of whole wheat flour, ½ cup of nutritional yeast, a teaspoon of salt, 1 ½ tablespoons of yellow mustard.
- Add in 1 ½ cup of water. Add a cup first, and stir it in.
- Let it boil, low boil or simmer so that the mixture will be thickening up to a paste. Add more water if necessary.
- To make it melt-able, add 2 tablespoon of cornstarch, and cook it in the same way.
- When the texture is perfect, turn off the heat, and this can be served immediately over the okra and cauliflower.
Brown rice and wild riceBananasauce
- Grind the nutmeg into fine powder.
- Grind some fresh ginger, and then warm it up for a while .
- Add in a pinch or two of allspice, 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, and the nutmeg powder. Stir them well.
- Peel the banana and chop them, but not too finely, only to cook them more quickly.
- Add in the bananas into the herb mixture. Let them melt a bit before adding any water. This may take about 10 minutes.
- Add in the water and the mollases.
- Let them cooked until they are really soft.
- The banana sauce is ready to be served as a dessert or a topping for oatmeal or a side dish at any other meal.