Dr. Lori Marino: Las mentes magníficas de los delfines   
Play with windows media
( 43 MB )

HOST: Hallo, gentle viewers, and welcome to Animal World: Our Co-Inhabitants. One of the world’s most widely loved animals of the sea is the dolphin. On today's program we’ll visit with Dr. Lori Marino, an expert on cetacean intellect and a senior lecturer in neuroscience and behavioral biology as well as an adjunct instructor in psychology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. A good portion of her dolphin research involves studying the brains of wild dolphins who have died of natural causes.

Dr. Marino(f): For the past 15 years, I’ve been studying the intelligence of dolphins, and I’ve been mainly doing that by uh looking at their brains. I do something called Magnetic Resonance Imaging. And what that means is I look at that structure of their brain, I look at the size of their brain. I look at how their brain is put together, and then try to infer something about their behavior and their intelligence and their abilities from that.

HOST: In 2001, Dr. Marino and her colleague were the first to publish research regarding the ability of Bottlenose dolphins to recognize themselves in a mirror, an ability scientists say demonstrates self-awareness. Before Dr. Marino’s discovery, self-recognition was thought to be a characteristic unique to humans and the great apes.

For more details on Dr. Marino, please visit
www.NBB.emory.edu/faculty/personal/marino.html

Vínculos Relacionados

“En defensa de los delfines”: Entrevista con Dr. Thomas White.
Play with flash player Play with windows media

Todo un mundo nuevo: Conectarse por telepatía con la comunicadora con animales Mary Getten -P1 de 2

Comunicadora telepática con los animales Madeleine Walker: El fluir del amor – P1 de 2

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society’s Operation Waltzing Matilda

Niños con Necesidades Especiales y Delfines: La Historia del Planeta de Agua - Parte 1 de 2

Songs of the Sea: The Oceania Project with Trish and Wally Franklin, P1/2

DETENGA LA CRUELDAD ANIMAL Prisioneros de por vida: Mamíferos marinos en cautiverio – P1 / 2
Play with windows media

DETENGA LA CRUELDAD ANIMAL Las aguas llenas de sangre – La masacre de las inocentes ballenas, P1/2
Play with windows media

DETENGA LA CRUELDAD ANIMAL La ensenada roja: Richard O'Barry revela la explotación y masacre de los delfines
Play with windows media

STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY Stop Whale Hunting Now!
Play with windows media

Conferencia sobre cambio climático con la Maestra Suprema Ching Hai
La Maestra Suprema Ching Hai comenta sobre el medioambiente
Videoconferencia con la Maestra Suprema Ching Hai y el personal de TV
Conferencias de las reuniones internacionales en el 2008 y 2009
Cocina simple y nutritiva con la Maestra Suprema Ching Hai
Respiracionistas
El Rey & Cía.
Citas de aforismos
Listas de los premios del mes
Listas constructivas
Notas de Paz y Libertad