ストップ動物虐待 母、それは機械ではない:ミルクの裏の悲惨さ   

( 45 MB )

Imagine a life in which,from the moment you are conceived until your dying day, you are treated simply as a machine and required to give everything you can possibly give,only to be brutally murdered after outliving your usefulness to someone. This is the stark reality of a dairy cow’s existence.

Informed viewers,welcome to Animal World: Our Co-Inhabitants.Today on the Stop Animal Cruelty series we will examine the lives of humble, gentle dairy cows and the misery behind milk.

Four young US filmmakers recently discovered the truth behind milk by travelling across the country visiting ranches and farms and interviewing many in the dairy industry for the eye-opening documentary 『Got the Facts on Milk?』 which is scheduled for release in the spring of 2010.

In an interview with Supreme Master Television, director, producer and writer Shira Lane,and sound mixer Jennifer Ricciardi, both of whom are vegans,shared how making the film transformed their lives.

Shira: I used to be a huge carnivore. But as soon as we did this documentary,I have to say this documentary made me more than I made the documentary because I just can't touch it.I know what it does to my body.
I know what it does to the environment.

Supreme Master TV: And you went straight to vegan?

Jennifer: All of us went straight to vegan, yes.

HOST: The filmmakers were particularly horrified by the sordid, sickening environment in which cows live.
Jennifer: As we would go out to some of these ranches and these dairy farms,I was amazed at the conditions that the animals live in. They're standing in their own feces all day.

And they can't walk around -- a couple of feet on either side. How is that healthy? How can you look at those animals and say,『That's correct, that's the way we should treat other living beings?』

HOST: Ms. Lane and Ms. Ricciardi were also deeply disturbed when they discovered that cows are made to continuously produce milk.

Shira: Well, a cow has to be pregnant every year to give us milk, just like a female mother needs to be pregnant to give milk. And then that calf is taken away from her, so the calf will not drink the milk that is supposed to go for human consumption, right? So the calf is separated from his mom...

it's a horrible feeling. The mother is feeling horrible because she is separated. The calf stands in its own feces, and can barely turn around;you see hundreds and hundreds of calves like these.

関連リンク

ミルクの危険さ:ダビド ロマーン氏のインタビュー(スペイン語)

HEALTHY LIVING Dr. T. Colin Campbell's The China Study: Reducing Risk of Disease through a Vegan Diet-Part1

STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY Sacred Cows, Sacrilegious Treatment – Interview with Anuradha Sawhney of PETA India