Kansas high school student smuggles chicken out of school project - 26 Oct 2010  
email to friend  これについてメールを送る    印刷

High school student saves chicken from slaughter. Enrolled in a science class in Kansas, USA where students were given a chicken to raise and then were required to slaughter and package it, 16-year-old Whitney Hillman lovingly cared for the baby chick she received and named Chicklett. However, on the day of scheduled slaughter, she realized that killing the chicken would be wrong.

So, Whitney placed Chicklett in her purse and immediately took him home instead, then reported to the school officials. She explained, “Please don’t judge me on grounds of bad behavior, but on love and empathy for another living being. I have raised my chicken. I will not kill him.” Whitney was issued an in-school suspension for leaving the school grounds, but was allowed to keep Chicklett, who now has the support of many vegetarian and animal rights groups and even has his own online Facebook page with more than 1,000 friends!

We are touched and salute your compassion and courage, young Whitney Hillman. May you and the grateful Chicklett cherish one another’s companionship as we look forward to a world where all beings are treated with love and respect.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/nwn_jp/199

::: 注目すべきニュース :::
注目すべきニュース
地球温暖化
ベジニュース
救援ニュース
平和ニュース
動物ニュース
動物の権利法
健康ニュース
Cop16 ニュース
警告ニュース