(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Raw Pasta alla Checca
3 large zucchinis
4–5 tomatoes, seeded and diced, or heirloom
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup raw olives, coarsely chopped
⅛ cup capers
20 fresh basil leaves, ribbon-sliced or torn
½ cup extra-virgin olive oilCashew nut parmesan cheese
Himalayan salt to taste
1½ cups cashews, soaked 4 hours
4 tablespoons Irish moss paste, soaked then blended to a paste with water
(optional, but good to firm the “cheese”)
½ teaspoon probiotics powder
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (not raw)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch or two of salt
- Cut the zucchini in half. Use a tool called spiruli that can make the zucchini looks like pasta, like spaghetti noodles.
- Put the zucchini spaghetti into a big bowl.
- Add in a few drops of olive oil and a few turns of salt.
- Add in some diced basil leaves.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and the garlic.
- Add in the capers.
- Add in the peppers.
- Mix in evenly.
- Sprinkle the vegan parmesan cheese.
- Ready to be served.
- To make the Cashew nut parmesan cheese just put the soaked cashew, the probiotics powder, the nutritional yeast, the lemon juice, and the salt into a food processor.
- Turn on the processor and grind them up until it’s fine that look like cheese.