Filling of the soup
- ½ cup tofu
- ½ cup vegetarian ham
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms or button mushrooms
- ½ cup soy beef slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mixed chilli spice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup daikon
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 ½ tablespoons mushroom seasoning
- 1 tablespoon rock sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
This is a traditional Aulacese noodle soup. It combines of delicious vegetable broth, rich and colorful soup filling and non-sticky noodle. The royal veggie noodle soup is served with raw veggie, fresh mints and lemon, which retains the vitamins and adds a nice crunch to the taste.
Aulacese royal veggie noodle soup is cooked in several steps. First, prepare the fresh vegetable broth; second, prepare the filling of the soup; third, mix the soup filling with the broth; fourth, cook the noodle; last, serve the noodle in soup.
(1) Preparation of materials: Cut fried Tofu to the right size. Slice the veggie ham into cubes, and cut half the shiitake mushroom.
(2) Vegetable broth: Add daikon and carrots to the boiling water. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Then, add sliced cabbage and simmer for another 20 minutes.
(3) Filling of the soup: Add olive oil to the heated pan. Add onion and stir it until its color becomes golden; then add lemongrass. Add mix chili mint leaves and spice, add in the shiitake mushroom, veggie meat, veggie ham and tofu in order. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
(4) Mix the filling of the soup with the broth: take out the vegetables from the cooked broth. Add all the filling to the broth; add 1 tablespoon of rock sugar and 1 ½ tablespoon mushroom seasoning to the soup. Simmer the soup for about 10 minutes.
(5) Cook noodle: Add the noodle to the boiling water with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil; cook 5 – 7 minutes. Rinse the cooked noodle with cold water and drain it for later use.
(6) Serving: Put the cooked noodle in the bowl; add the vegetable broth and it is ready for serving. It is served with raw veggies, fresh mints and lemon. The adding of raw veggies will retain their vitamins and it will add a really nice crunch to the soup.