For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available
1 vegan half-chicken (made of soy and wheat protein)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 clove garlic
1 inch piece ginger root
1 small to medium round onion
4 cups water
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon mushroom seasoning
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 bundles or 4 ounces long rice (also called rice vermicelli)
¼ - ½ cup green onions
- Soak the long rice in warm water for about 20 minutes until it is soften. Drained the water.
- Cut the vegan chicken into thin slices and stripes.
- Crush the ginger and garlic, and slice the round onions.
- Slice the round onion vertically.
- Heat up the pan, add the oil. Use medium heat.
- When it’s hot, add in the garlic and ginger.
- Saute the garlic and ginger until it’s slightly brown and the aroma comes out.
- Add in round onion and stir fry a little bit.
- Add in the vegan chicken, until it is a little bit brown.
- Add in 4 cups of water.
- Add in the salt, mushroom seasoning, and soy sauce.
- Let the broth boiled.
- Add in the long rice, mix it. Turn the stove down to simmer for about 5-10 minutes so that the long rice will absorb most of the broth and it will get nice and plump.
- Pour the long rice into a bowl.
- For garnish, chop about two stalks of green onion and sprinkle some on the long rice.
- Ready to be served.