Incríveis fotografias de baleias, com Bryant Austin - Parte 1/2   
Parte 1 Play with windows media ( 35 MB )
Parte 2 Play with windows media ( 36 MB )

HOST: Cherished viewers, welcome to today’s Animal World: Our Co-Inhabitants featuring photographer Bryant Austin of the United States, who has produced the world’s first life-size photographs of whales.

From World Ocean Day, June 8 to September 8, 2010, his collection of whale photos is on exhibit in Lofoten, Norway. Mr. Austin hopes that his close-up images will help change people’s perceptions about these ocean giants, particularly in whaling nations and eventually lead to a total ban on whaling activities around the world. 

Director Kate Miller has produced a documentary entitled 『A Short Film: In the Eye of the Whale』 about Bryant Austin’s laudable project.

Bryant Austin (m): I’ve been an artist most of my life engaged in many mediums, but photography captures a reality that’s beyond our imagination, you know, what nature creates for hundreds of millions of years on this planet. So much of that is beyond our imagination and the camera can just document that without this filter getting in the way. And I think it’s more wondrous than our own imagination, so photography helps with that.

Bryant Austin (m): My current project is, uhm the,the production of life-size high resolution photographs of whales to be exhibited in whaling nations.

And the way I work with them is about five feet(1.5 meters) away from them. And it’s all on their terms and it’s very rare encounters and circumstances. It takes months and months to achieve.

For more information on Bryant Austin and his life-size whale portraits,
please visit: www.StudioCosmos.com
or www.MMCTA.org
To view 『A Short Film: In the Eye of the Whale』
please visit Vimeo.com/7173679

Links Relacionados

PARE COM A CRUELDADE AOS ANIMAIS Aprisionados por toda a vida: mamíferos marinhos em cativeiro - Parte 1/2
Play with windows media

PARE COM A CRUELDADE AOS ANIMAIS As águas manchadas de sangue - esquartejando as inocentes baleias - Parte 1/2
Play with windows media

PARE COM A CRUELDADE ANIMAL Cove Red: Richard O'Barry Revela a Exploração e Massacre dos Golfinhos
Play with windows media

PARE COM A CRUELDADE AOS ANIMAIS Pare já com a caça às baleias!
Play with windows media

Pare com a crueldade aos animais Caça às baleias: o horrível extermínio dos gigantes gentis do oceano
Play with windows media

Dr. Lori Marino: As mentes magníficas dos golfinhos
Play with flash player Play with windows media

Todo um Mundo Novo: Usando a Telepatia com a Comunicadora Animal Mary Getten - P1/2

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society’s Operation Waltzing Matilda

Canções do Mar: O Projeto Oceania com Trish e Wally Franklin - Parte 1/2

Guias dos oceanos: as magníficas baleias

Conferência sobre Mudança Climática com Suprema Mestra Ching Hai
Suprema Mestra Ching Hai e o Meio Ambiente
Videoconferência com a Suprema Mestra Ching Hai e equipe de TV
Palestras de Encontros Internacionais em 2008 e 2009
Culinária Simples e Nutritiva com a Suprema Mestra Ching Hai