Physicians, celebrities and more urge a veg solution for people and the planet. - 16 Apr 2010  
email to friend  Enviar isto aos amigos    Imprimir

Maggie Q – Hollywood actress, “Mission: Impossible III,” Vegan (F): Hi, I’m Maggie Q. Be veg, go green, save the planet!

VOICE: At their 25th Anniversary Gala in West Hollywood, California, USA, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) rallied veg celebrities and other role models in a shared cause of promoting a healthier, compassionate lifestyle.

Lauren Donner – Hollywood producer, Free Willy, X-Men (F): Because they share the Earth with us. If you ever get to know an animal, they are just wonderful and they are full of unconditional joy. And it’s a crime to kill them, absolutely a crime.

Among those attending were vegan supporters US Congressperson and his wife, Dennis Kucinich and Elizabeth Kucinich, who is also Director of Public Affairs for PCRM.

Elizabeth Kucinich - Director of Public Affairs, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, Vegan (F): When you look at how you can reverse type 2 diabetes using a plant-based diet, this is a free way to control things and it's a very empowering thing for people to be following.

US Congressperson Dennis Kucinich, Vegan (M): I think the next step is for the Congress to move forward to look at prevention of disease, which inevitably leads quite quickly to food, nutrition, diet. It's already happening thanks to the work at PCRM.

VOICE: Apart from saving both human and animal lives, this esteemed organization of vegan doctors and nutrition experts is also promoting a plant-based diet to halt climate change.

Neal Barnard, M.D. – Founder and President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), USA, Vegan (M): What’s good for your body is also good for the climate.
And we now know that animal agriculture is the biggest contributor to climate change. So, we could change that now, easily, one meal at a time.

VOICE: Moreover, PCRM’s renowned, forward-thinking supporters, who are also caring animal lovers, also highlighted this most needed solution.

Jane Velez-Mitchell – Emmy Award-winning CNN journalist, Vegan (F): Remember: meat consumption is the single, biggest cause of global warming far beyond transportation. I think we're at the cusp of a huge revolution in eating and people are really starting to wake up to the cruelty in factory farming.

Francis Fisher – Hollywood actress, Titanic, Vegan (F): There are shifts that can be made on this planet.
Rory Freedman – Bestselling author, USA, Vegan (F): So if you really care about the environment, you'd do a lot better switching to a plant-based diet.

VOICE: When describing the personal benefits of living vegan, those at the gala often shared their reasons in impressive lists.

John Salley - 4-time NBA champion basketball star, Vegan (M): Changed my life: one, I’m healthier. Two, I still feel like I’m 25. I’m able to save the environment. I’m able to do as much I could possibly do by not killing any of the land animals, or any animals whatsoever.

Maggie Q (F) - It's a no brainer! You have environmental, social, health, humanitarian, you name it, there's an issue there. And so, there are many good reasons to live this way.

Elizabeth Kucinich - Director of Public Affairs, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, Vegan (F): It’s a win, win, win situation: It's good for the environment; it's good for people; it's good for animals.

VOICE: Our applause and deep appreciation, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, celebrities and leaders of your fields for being the heroes of our time.

May more and more people likewise adopt the vegan diet, as clearly the best way to protect our health, our co-inhabitants, and our beautiful planet.

Mariana Tosca – Hollywood actress, Vegan (F): Be veg, go green, and save the planet. And hi Supreme Master!

Jane Velez-Mitchell – Emmy Award-winning CNN journalist, Vegan (F): Be veg, go green and save the planet!

Cindy Landon – President, Michael and Cindy Landon Foundation, Vegan (F): Save the planet. It's an awesome, awesome cause.

US Congressman Dennis Kucinich and Elizabeth Kucinich – Vegans (M,F): – Be veg, go green,save the planet!

trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/killers_pt/315

::: Matadores :::
SOLUÇÕES da Suprema Mestra Ching Hai para o PLANETA
Carne
Leite
Álcool
Drogas
Tabaco
Notícias de Alerta
Atualizações sobre a Gripe Suína
Pare com a Crueldade aos Animais
Consumo de carne é o matador número um