(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)Base
3 cups raw un-soaked almonds
25 dates (or 12 medjool dates)
½ cup cacao powder
¼ cup cacao nibs (or ¾ cups cacao powder)
6 dates (or 3 medjool dates)
½ cup dried coconut (or ½ cup fresh young coconut meat)
- For the base of the tartlets, take the almond and grind them up until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs, then pour them out into a separate bowl.
- Take the dates, and grind them as well.
- Mix the almond and the dates. It’s better using hand gloves because the mixture will be sticky.
- If the mixture don’t stick together lightly, add a squeeze of agave and a few drops of water to achieve the right consistency.
- Transfer the base mixture into the muffin cups or old plastic bags which are cup about the same size as a muffin cups.
- Press the cup/plastic into the muffin tin, push the mixture in and press it to the sides, so it forms like a little base for the tartlets.
- To make the tart filling, scoop out the avocado and put it into the blender.
- Add in 1¼ cups of agave nectar, ½ of cup of coconut, ½ of raw cacao powder, ¼ cup cacao nibs, and 3 medjool dates or 6 normal dates.
- Blend them all together.
- Take out a big spoonful of the filling and put it into each of the little cups.
- Ready to be served.