European Parliament Members discuss reducing meat and climate change – 6 Dec 2009  
email to friend  轉寄好友    列印

European Parliament Members discuss reducing meat and climate change.

The European Parliament organized a hearing on Thursday, December 3 titled Climate Change and Food Policy: Less Meat = Less Heat, opening the floor for a discussion about ways that reducing meat consumption would mitigate global warming. Invited as guest panelists were former Beatles artist Sir Paul McCartney, known for his Meat-Free Mondays campaign, and Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, esteemed Chair of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, who is also a vegetarian.

Dr. Rajendra Pachauri Chair, United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Vegetarian:

I think we have to use every means to mitigate the emissions of greenhouse gases, and

Id submit to you once again that cutting down on meat consumption would be an extremely effective way of doing so.

Dr. Alan Dangour, co-author of a recent report published in the esteemed medical journal The Lancet that recommended reductions in meat consumption to save lives, also joined Sir Paul and Dr. Pachauri in the lively discussion.

Dr. Alan Dangour London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK:

A greater awareness of the climate costs of all of our actions, including our choice about what we eat, is urgently needed. Surely cooling our love affair with animal source foods is a very small price to pay. 

During this session, Sir Paul and Dr. Pachauri fielded questions from international journalists, including one from our Supreme Master Television correspondent.

How do you think we can encourage people to change their eating habits, education-wise, and also in the compassion issue?

Sir Paul McCartney   Former Beatles musician, Vegetarian:

I think what needs to be done is to point out the dangers of not changing our eating habits. There are a lot of facts available. I think we just have to encourage people, to guide them, to help them make the transition. But I think its doable, its very possible.

We send our gratitude, European Parliament members, Sir Paul McCartney, Dr. Rajendra Pachauri and other participants, for your efforts to address this most urgent matter of our time. May all people quickly make the shift to the vegan diet for the safe continuation of life on Earth.

trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/killers_tw/165

::: 殺手 :::
清海無上師指示地球的解決之道
Milk
毒品
Warning News
H1N1豬流感疫情更新
停止虐待動物
肉食是頭號殺手