International Meatout Day just around the corner. - 18 Mar 2010  
email to friend  轉寄好友    列印

On the 25th anniversary of what is said to be the world’s largest grassroots diet campaign, people around the world are pledging to remove meat from their meals on Meatout Day this Saturday.

Meatout pledge participant, USA (F): I pledge not to eat meat on March 20!
Meatout pledge participant, USA (M): I pledge not to eat meat on the 20th of March 2010.

VOICE: As in previous Meatouts, celebrities such as Hollywood veg actors Joaquin Phoenix, James Cromwell, Mary Tyler-Moore, and Alicia Silverstone, are lending public support, with US government officials issuing proclamations in favor of a healthy veg diet.

Coinciding with the first day of spring on March 20, the day is also an invitation for friends and neighbors to make a fresh start in exploring the benefits of wholesome, lifesaving fare.

Meatout organizer, vegan, USA (F): There’s environmental components, there’s animal cruelty, social responsibility. It just makes sense to me.

Meatout organizer, vegan, USA (M): I talk to people all the time who are surprised but very delighted when they try a plant-based diet because they feel lighter, they feel better, they feel clearer, just more connected, more peaceful.

VOICE: Meatout Day was founded in 1985 by the Farm Animal Rights Movement, a non-profit organization based in the United States that advocates veganism to save animals, protect the environment, and improve health.

This year, groups and individuals across 30 countries are holding events that range from festivals and information booths to cooking demonstrations with food samplings, and more.

Meatout pledge participant (F): So please, pledge with me and do not eat meat on March 20 of this year. And I think it will help all of us.

VOICE: In light of growing interest in the animal-free lifestyle, which completely eliminates dairy and egg products, this year’s event celebrates the transition to plant-based eating with the theme “Eat for Life – Live Vegan.”

Meatout organizer, vegan, USA (F):  We’re out here trying to show people that vegan food can be really good!

Meatout pledge participant (M): My name is James Williams and I pledge not to eat meat on March 20. Be veg, go green, save the planet.

VOICE: Many thanks and best wishes to worldwide organizers and participants-to-be of the 2010 International Meatout Day!

May everyone have an eye-opening, tasty and fun time getting to know about the joyful and life-sustaining vegan diet on Saturday, March 20 – International Meatout Day!

http://www.meatout.org/media/NRgeneral10.htm
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/killers_tw/292

::: 殺手 :::
清海無上師指示地球的解決之道
Milk
毒品
Warning News
H1N1豬流感疫情更新
停止虐待動物
肉食是頭號殺手