Newly vegan award-winning designer halts use of leather. - 2 Jun 2010  
email to friend  轉寄好友    列印

American John Bartlett, who is Creative Director for the Men’s Collection Claiborne and has his own fashion line, was also named 2010 Designer of the Year by the American Apparel & Footwear Association.

Recently, Mr. Bartlett decided to become vegan and described some of the benefits on his web journal as he wrote: “The personal renewal I have experienced through becoming vegan has been very powerful. I sleep better, feel better and am more connected to the world at large as well as to my inner world.

With this change, I have also ‘renewed’ my commitment to doing what I can to alleviate the suffering of others, which includes our beloved animal friends.” Moreover, the designer also announced that he will no longer permit leather in his line as he stated: "After working in the fashion industry for over 15 years, I have had a recent awakening of sorts and am committed going forward to discontinue all use of leather. I am very alarmed by the recent resurgence of fur on the runways and will be reaching out to my colleagues about the realities of this horrific aspect of our industry. I am presently working to develop a vegan shoe and accessory line and have gone vegan after discovering the devastating state of factory farming."

John credits the reading of Alicia Silverstone’s “The Kind Diet” for helping him become aware of the link from meat eating to factory farmed animals and the environment.

A big bravo, designer John Bartlett on your courageous and compassionate change to the vegan lifestyle. May Heaven bless your work as you continue to inspire with your talented creations in support of our cherished animal co-inhabitants.

http://vegetarianstar.com/2010/05/28/john-bartlett-designer-of-the-year-goes-vegan-discontinues-leather-lines/

trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/killers_tw/342

::: 殺手 :::
清海無上師指示地球的解決之道
Milk
毒品
Warning News
H1N1豬流感疫情更新
停止虐待動物
肉食是頭號殺手