Philippine television channel to feature veg solution to climate change - 20 July 2009  
email to friend  轉寄好友    列印

Philippine television channel to feature veg solution to climate change.

On May 25, Santiago Mayor Amelita S. Navarro and the City Council passed the new “Vegetarian Resolution to Promote Vegetarianism in Santiago,” a measure inspired primarily by Supreme Master Ching Hai’s messages to save the planet. Mayor Navarro invited our Association members on behalf of Supreme Master Ching Hai to provide more information to the city’s officials and citizens about the benefits of the plant-based diet.

Moreover, the Auxiliary Philippine Medical Association (AMPA) and Mayor Navarro awarded Supreme Master Ching Hai a Trophy of Appreciation with an inscribed plaque for her work in “Saving our Beloved Earth through Vegetarianism.” These events prompted the Philippines’ major television channel, Channel 4 TV of National Broadcasting  Network (NBN),  to decide on producing a show for its popular social issue series “Neighbors.” The show would feature Supreme Master Ching Hai, the Association she inspired and current efforts to halt global warming through the organic vegan diet.

Our Association members in Formosa (Taiwan) invited NBN’s famous television host, Mr. Thelmo Luis “Buddy” Cunanan along with six other VIPs to visit Formosa for five days of filming. Upon their arrival, the NBN representatives toured the Taipei and Hsihu Centers as well as two Loving Hut restaurants where affordable vegan lunch boxes are very popular.

(Interviews in English)
Thelmo Luis “Buddy” Cunanan – Famous Philippine TV Host (M): I was very surprised. And I now look forward to eating more vegetarian meals, and I’ve learnt so much about the cruelty that’s inflicted.

Michael Angelo Paderanga – “Neighbors” legal adviser and consultant (M): I realize now, that you needn’t be afraid of going vegetarian because they can prepare the food the way you like it!

VOICE: The NBN crew members also observed our Association’s charity work at a homeless shelter in Linkou as well as SOS seminar in Chiayi.

Marilou Santomin – Director of “Neighbors” TV program (F): Maybe if we could introduce and make a show through your help, we could be veggie in The Philippines.

Thelmo Luis “Buddy” Cunanan – Famous Philippine TV Host (M):
We media practitioners should be at the forefront of this, to promote good values, promote healthy living and protection of the environment.

VOICE: Television host Mr. Thelmo “Buddy” Cunanan also wished to convey a message to Supreme Master Ching Hai, whose inspiration and exemplary leadership are at the source of our Association’s works.

Thelmo Luis “Buddy” Cunanan (M): Supreme Master Ching Hai, I would just like to say that on behalf of NBN Channel 4 and all my friends and my crew, we’re very impressed with what you’re doing. Keep it up! It’s such a good job you’re doing!

VOICE: Many thanks Mr. Cunanan and all the visiting members of NBN Channel 4 TV for your earnest efforts to inform viewers of the important Earth-saving vegan lifestyle. We join in true appreciation for the guidance of Supreme Master Ching Hai toward such constructive changes in our world. May all endeavors by media worldwide to expand the veg trend be met with great success.

Thelmo Luis “Buddy” Cunanan (M): I’m Buddy Cunanan from NBN Channel 4 TV in the Philippines, calling all of you to Be Veg, Go Green and Save the Planet!

VOICE: Supreme Master Ching Hai has been invited by many media groups to share her insights on climate change and veganism.

In August 2008, during an interview with one of Ireland's leading radio stations, East Coast FM Radio, she highlighted media’s important role in saving the planet.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: I think the media like yours play an important role in raising public awareness about this urgent planetary situation. And some other media agencies have also begun to make related info available to the public at large.

I just hope that there are more announcements concerning climate changes and the solution made to the whole public. The best solution for our urgent situation right now is a vegetarian diet and it should be openly endorsed and even made into law if possible to protect people, animals and our planet, the only one that we have.

If everyone who knows the planet urgency and the miracle benefit of a vegetarian solution to save the Earth, if all of them would extend their help by being an example and spread out the news, then it would be quicker and more hopeful.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/killers_tw/45

::: 殺手 :::
清海無上師指示地球的解決之道
Milk
毒品
Warning News
H1N1豬流感疫情更新
停止虐待動物
肉食是頭號殺手