HOMEBAKED COOKIES: ROCK & RUBY BUNS
- 220 grams or 250 grams of all purpose or self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 50 grams brown or caster sugar (optional: molasses or syrup)
- 100 grams vegan butter or margarine
- 30 grams mixed fruit peel
- 75-80 grams mixed dried fruit (dried cranberries, sultanas, raisins)
- 1 small containers of soy yogurt (plain or fruit-flavor)
- ½ bowl soy milk
- Some raw sesame (optional)
- Some roasted peanuts (optional)
- Mix well 220 grams or 250 grams of flour, sugar and salt and 100 grams vegan butter or margarine.
- Put in the soy yogurts
- Put in about half a bowl of soy milk bit by bit.
- Mix it lightly to become a stiff dough, don’t knead it.
- Form it into a biscuit or scones or buns.
- Mix all the mixed fruit in it or can put the mixed fruit and the mixed peel beforehand, before putting the milk and yogurt.
- Pre-heat oven 200°Celcius or 400°Farenheit or if using gas, then set it to number six.
- Use the butter or margarine that’s leftover to grease the tray so that the cookies or the buns will not stick to the tray.
- Flour your hands, then grab some dough, no certain measurement needed, just do as you like, then put it on the tray. Repeat until all dough finished.
- Put a little raw sesame or roasted peanuts on top of each.
- Put it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- Watch it until the cookie is golden and dry, and then take it out.
- If you want it more brown or golden looking, you sprinkle some milk on it.
- Make sure all the surface of the buns is golden brown. Move it around, up and down rack.
- Stick a toothpick right into cake and take it out. If it’s all clean, then the bun is done inside out.