For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available
1 liter soy milk
100 grams grated coconut
4 tablespoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons demerara sugar
7–8 drops vanilla extractCaramel Prune Sauce
Sugar (to taste)
Water (enough to cover prunes)
- Dissolve the cornstarch with a little soy milk in a pan.
- Add the rest of the milk, the grated coconut, and the sugar in the pan.
- Turn on the heat low.
- Leave it on the heat for about 10-15 minutes to turn it into a porridge.
- Keep stirring it.
- When the mixture has turn into a good consistency, add in the vanilla extract.
- Turn off the heat.
- Put the mixture into another pan slowly, and then set it aside for about 20 minutes before taking it to the refrigerator.
- Let the mixture set in the refrigerator for about 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- For topping, put prunes in a pan, fill it with water and added sugar to taste.
- Let it boil for 30-40 minutes on low heat and keep stirring it until it gets the consistency.
- Decorate the pudding with the topping.
- Ready to be served.
Note: Caramel Prune Sauce can be replace with chocolate topping, or jelly.