(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available)
Oat Nut Cookie
2 cups oats
1 cup cashew nuts
⅓ cup dates
¼ cup cranberries
Orange juice (or orange/lemon zest)
Nutmeg to taste
Ginger to taste
Cinnamon to taste
Pinch of salt
Raw Fruity Oat Nut Cookie
Vegan Pad Thai
- Break the cashew nuts into little pieces.
- Put the oats and the cashew nuts into the processor.
- Turn it on, and let them mixed and become small crumbs.
- Add in the dates and the cranberries.
- Add in the ginger powder and the nutmeg powder.
- Add in a pinch of salt and the orange juice.
- Turn on the processor again while slowly adding the agave nectar.
- Slowly adding the coconut oil.
- Stop the processor and open it and check the texture and taste it.
- If the taste already ok, add in a bit of grated lemon or mandarin peel and the cinnamon powder.
- Turn on the processor again.
- Make sure everything mix well so that everything is uniform.
- Take out the dough, use a rolling pin to make it flat.
- Use a mould to form the dough.
- Place the dough on a plate and put it in a refrigerator for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Ready to be served.
- Put the rice noodle in cold water and let it sit there for a 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by cooking the coconut milk in low or medium heat.
- Add the peanut butter.
- Add in the red curry paste. The best is to start with less amount and then keep adding for spicier taste.
- Add in the soy sauce, the sugar and a bit of salt.
- Add some water so it will be thinner, mixed them well.
- Heat some oil in a big pan.
- Saute some onion, and when it is already a little cooked, start adding the vegetables.
- Start with the harder vegetables like carrot, broccoli.
- Add in all the other vegetables.
- Add some water so the vegetables get more cooked with the steam.
- Add in the portobello mushroom and some tofu.
- When the vegetables is semi cooked, add in the Pad Thai noodles.
- Add in some of the Pad Thai sauce that was made earlier.
- If it is too thick, add some water to give some movement to the pasta.
- Add in the Chinese mustard green leaves.
- Serve it on a plate with some ground peanuts on top and some lemon.
- Add some sprouted beans.
- Squeeze the juice out before serving.
- Ready to be served.