Download

Traditional Folk Music from Southern Âu Lạc (Vietnam) (In Aulacese)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (84MB)    MP4(115MB)   MP3(27MB)
Today’s A Journey through Aesthetic Realms will be presented in Aulacese (Vietnamese), with subtitles in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese,Persian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

Âu Lạc (Vietnam) is a nation with a longstanding traditional culture. Aulacese musical heritage is bountiful; since ancient times, many soul-stirring musical instruments have been created with diverse sounds like those of the copper drum, gong, lithophone, bamboo xylophone, cymbals, and panpipe.

In 2003, Elegant Music, a style of Huế royal court music, was recognized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as an intangible cultural heritage of the world. Âu Lạc’s music represents the unique features of each region, for example, Quan Họ folksongs in the north, Huế tunes in the central, and modern folk opera in the south.

In addition, there are many other forms of music, including hò, lý, ceremonial songs, Aulacese classical theatre, chèo traditional opera, hồ quảng opera, and so on. Indeed, the essence of music is imbued in the hearts of people in this beautiful country, and has been cultivated until this day.

In today’s program, we’re pleased to introduce some of the folk songs and musical genres representative of southern Âu Lạc. At an international gathering with our Association members in San Jose, California, USA, in February 16, 1991, Supreme Master Ching Hai sang “Southern Aulacese Hò Singing,” written by composer Phạm Duy in 1956, about the gentle and bountiful land of southern Âu Lạc. We invite you to enjoy an excerpt of this song.

Nhà Bè River divides into two branches. Go to Gia Định or Đồng Nai as you wish.

The road to the mountain village isn’t far Pass Red Soil District, you will then arrive in Biên Hòa.

In Aulacese (Vietnamese) traditional folk music, lý is a singing genre that is mostly based on folk poetry in the form of six-eight couplets. The rhythm varies between fast and slow in a recital style, so lý singing genre has hundreds of different tunes. Through simple lyrics, lý songs often describe images and feelings as experienced in life. Enhanced by tender melodies, lý is very accessible and therefore quite popular.

When being close to gentle and compassionate vegan souls, the trees, plants and flowers are even brighter in color, and nature is more peaceful and beautiful, offering humans countless delicious and fragrant fruits.

“How happy was the sight of fruit-laden tree! Sweet fruits filled the branches, how adorable! Tasty and fragrant yellow star fruits fell off the tree as a loving gift for him.” “Star Fruit Tree,” a Southern Aulacese folk song, written and performed by our Association members, will now be presented.

Once upon a time, there was a young man who was gentle and innocent. The land, house, gold and diamonds— his brother took all, leaving him this star fruit tree. How touching was his honesty! Without thinking, he went to plant the tree and cultivated it with all his love. He waited day and night by a thatched hut for the tree to grow lush and tall, blossom and give a bounteous harvest of delicious star fruits.

How happy was the sight of fruit-laden tree! Sweet fruits filled the branches, how adorable! Tasty and fragrant yellow star fruits fell off the tree as a loving gift for him. Fond of the fruits, the fairies picked them up. As they enjoyed the sweet fruits, they thanked the grower. The sun rose high in the late morning. The fairies left and had yet to meet him. They pitied him for his hard work How would they repay him for tending the tree?

We wish to pay for the star fruits. Thank you. One day he hid and watched, finding that the fairies loved his delicious star fruits. Knowing that he was a kind vegan soul, they asked to repay his favor. Precious gems and beautiful pearls, gold and silver, they wanted to offer him. He said, “I do not wish for those.” A fairy offered him “Immediate Enlightenment” – the guide! O wonderful, the key is here! Purify the body and mind, meditate morning and evening. A sincere heart, a simple vegan lifestyle, he’s esteemed for his commitment to green living.

This life, he’s determined to practice spiritually and become enlightened, blessed by God and Buddha. How heart-rending is the plight of animals and humans – the countless miseries they endure! O Heaven, take pity upon them! May all beings live in peace. May all be vegan and elevated in consciousness. May the world wake up and turn into Paradise. How delightful to watch the fruit-laden tree! He’s happy, so the star fruit tree is happy. He’s happy, so all the animals are happy. From now on, people live in harmony.

In Aulacese (Vietnamese) culture, cải lương (modern folk opera) is a popular theater art that dates back about three centuries, when the flourishing South was a new land. Among those who settled in the South at that time were musicians from the royal palace in the ancient capital Huế. Since then, the kind of ceremonial music often heard in the palace became more widely known among the populace.

Eventually, new songs were composed. Many amateur musical groups were formed, adopting music and song as a form of elegant entertainment. From about 1912 to 1915, the artists of these musical groups began to combine gestures to their songs. Since then, a new genre called ca ra bộ was born. Performers conversed; sometimes a song would be used as dialogue. Ca ra bộ continued to develop to create the theatrical art that is now called modern folk opera.

According to Aulacese belief, the Kitchen God reports to the Jade Emperor on the 23rd day of the last lunar month every year about how things stand on Earth. This year especially, the Kitchen God has to ride the cloud in a hurry back to Heaven before the appointed day. To understand the Kitchen God’s hidden concern, we invite you to watch a short Aulacese modern folk opera, titled “The Kitchen God’s Report,” written and performed by our Association members.

I am the Jade Emperor. Here in Heaven, life is peaceful and blissful. But looking down on Earth, I feel sorrow, because there, animals and humans are both in misery.

Revered Jade Emperor! The Kitchen God wishes to see you.

How strange! It’s yet to be the 23rd day of the last lunar month. Why is he here to see me?

Revered Jade Emperor, the Kitchen God said that he has an urgent matter.

All right, let him in immediately.

Be at ease. You look haggard and skinnier.

It’s because lately haven’t been able to eat or sleep well.

Why?

My Lord, I don’t know how is it that many humans and animals found my cottage. They flocked there more and more every day. They asked me to report to you for wise judgments. They directed loudspeakers towards my hut and lamented noisily. I had no heart to ignore them, so I have go see you before the appointed time.

Quickly submit the report so that I comprehend the matters.

The number of complaints this year is record-long. I typed with the speed of light and still couldn’t finish them. My computer also went on strike. It couldn’t take anymore. So I have no report to submit to you.

Then what do you want me to do?

My Lord, I have no written report, but I bring with me the “living” report. I think the “living” report is probably more dramatic than my “ paper” report. What is the “living” report? Where is it?

Dear Lord, here it is.

Everyone, keep quiet please!

The animals may speak first.

The beloved pig, please.

O Compassionate Jade Emperor! You bestow upon humankind an abundance of nutritious and delicious vegetables and fruits. Yet they insist on turning me into food. Even my friends: cows, chickens, ducks, deer, goats, geese, dogs, and cats are also turned into roasted, barbecued and dried meat. Alas, our grief and distress are countless!

Not Agree to Have My Fur Taken! NOT OK!

And I am as gentle as... a rabbit! Yet humans heartlessly skin me for my fur to make coats without asking me for an “OK.” But, not only me, even the beavers, lynxes, weasels, foxes, squirrels, and seals are skinned as well. Humans cruelly massacre us for our fur. How very terrifying! Our suffering is greater than the sand in the Ganges River, O Jade Emperor!

Safe Hours to Go Out.

Revered Jade Emperor! Even crabs, shrimps, and fish cannot have a peaceful day. Anyone who left home without checking for “safe hours” would end up in the fishing net right away! Oh, fishing nets are spread everywhere! How frightening! O Jade Emperor! As for us whales and dolphins, we’ve saved many human lives. We’ve always done good deeds since time immemorial. Yet they heartlessly turn their benefactors into cuisine. How unjust for us! Please help us, Jade Emperor!

O child! I also feel anguished! Many Masters have come to Earth, all of whom have advised humans to love all beings, but not many people follow.

Listening to them, I also feel deep grief. And humans, if you want to complain about anything, do it quickly, so that I can go home soon to take my computer to the repair shop.

Revered Jade Emperor! I’ve never done anything immoral in my life. I lead a pure and simple life with 3 meals a day of roasted pork, hamburger and salted-pepper fried shrimp. Yet droughts, floods, earthquakes and tsunamis keep coming my way, destroying my home. My wife and children were swept away by the flood, my father was taken to Heaven by the tsunami. And my aged mother, unable to survive the last heatwave, also left the world for good. Oh, how very unjust! Please take pity on me. I’m a good person.

Revered Jade Emperor! I’m the one who suffers the most injustice. I observe all three obediences and four virtues of a woman. I have virtues aplenty. Chickens, ducks, pigs, and cows, I raise them all because I love them. I love them very much, so I raise them so that they reproduce well. Then I sell all to a dealer and I never slaughter any animal. However, epidemic diseases spread in my whole family, both my husband and son passed away.

You heard yourselves just now the heart-rending cries of the animals. If you don’t want to suffer pain, don’t inflict pain upon others. Bestow love by a vegan lifestyle so that all beings may live peacefully, then you will also live peacefully.

Here, it’s a gift for you.

We understand now!

From now on, we will love all animals. Please be so generous as to forgive us! From now on we’ll be good friends. From now on, peace and happiness will reign on Earth! Oh, happiness! Allow me to take leave, O Jade Emperor, I’m going back to my blissful cottage.

By the humble cottage, verdant vegetable beds and gentle bamboo grove, simple-hearted rural people share their sweet and joyful moments, while tender human love paints a peaceful pastoral life, redolent of rice and vegetatian.

“Gentle rural village, charming green bamboo grove Sound of singing mingling with the afternoon flute Love is tender for a village girl by the cottage Her prayer: may all live happily and peacefully.” We invite you to enjoy a southern Aulacese folk song titled “Rural Village” with lyrics and performance by our Association members.

Gentle rural village, charming green bamboo grove Sound of singing mingling with the afternoon flute Love is tender for a village girl by the cottage Her prayer: may all live happily and peacefully. Rural villagers are gentle like soft moonlight Honest and kind, they love all beings. Young men carrying rice, walk briskly in the breeze Scents of wild flowers and ripened rice infuse the air.

Rural villagers are gentle like soft moonlight Honest and kind, they love all beings. Love is tender for a village girl by the cottage Her prayer: may all live happily and peacefully. Rural villagers are gentle like soft moonlight Honest and kind, they love all beings. Sun shines, songs of peace heard everywhere. Her prayer: may all live happily and peacefully.

Thank you for watching our show on traditional folk music from southern Âu Lạc. Please tune in to Supreme Master Television for more folk music programs in the future. Coming up is Vegetarianism: The Noble Way of Living, after Noteworthy News. So long for now.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/10138

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples