Download

Colorful Dance Traditions from Cusco and Puno in Peru (In Spanish)    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (37MB)    MP4(50MB)   MP3(12MB)
ENGLISH-SUB Today’s A Journey through Aesthetic Realms will be presented in Spanish, with subtitles in Arabic, Aulacese (Vietnamese), Chinese, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.

Welcome, joyful viewers, to A Journey through Aesthetic Realms on Supreme Master Television. Home to the ancient Norte Chico civilization and the Inca Empire, the South American nation Peru has a long and rich history. During the past 500 years, the integration of indigenous, European, African and Asian cultures has made it one of the world’s most diverse centers of artistic expression. This is particularly evident in its varied dancing traditions across a number of regions. In today’s program, we will meet Mr. Vladimir Llanque Quispe and Ms. Yola Catacora Chura from Puno, who will introduce to us folk dancing traditions. We will also watch some splendid performances by artists of the Cusco Center of Native Art from Cusco.

My name is Vladimir Llanque Quispe, I am an inhabitant of the Puno region. I come from Acora District from the town of Tunuhuaya.

Hallo and welcome! We are here in the Cusco Center of Native Art in Cusco. The first folk group of Peru.

Peruvian dances are an integral part of the approximately 3000 festivals celebrated across the country each year.

I will tell you the customs that we carry out every year during the month of carnivals. The carnival is related to the Pachamama, which is Mother Earth. We pay tribute to the Earth, in gratitude, in return for the produce from the Andes that we sow every year. So, that gratitude is offered with elements consisting of fruits, flowers and dancing.

This is called the chuspa harness.

Here we designed the color scheme, so we can even put in names and flowers. And this we do for the carnival season, because in the carnival season we have to dance with belts, with pouches, and that's why we weave. Women also weave belts, scarves. The other sister is cutting the chuspa bag; she is making the little balls for the carnival, for dancing.

Now, this chuspa bag is ready for the dance.

This has a meaning too. This is a flower that is in the middle, that signifies the potato flower, and here it has its leaves. Now there is also another little figure. This is a star from Heaven, that at night is shining with the moon. And there are the color combination according to one’s taste, to our costumes that we wear. We also weave and blend colors.

In our free time, besides weaving, we also sing.

I am the Aymara force, brothers. He who plays the pan flute of the cantuta, sister.

I am the Aymara force, brothers. He who plays the pan flute of the cantuta, sister. I'm the blossom of the bean. On the day of the carnival, We will dance, brother and sister.

This outfit is from my land, Chumbivilcas. This costume is of the natives. We use sandals. We also use a “palic,’ a skirt, the “puyito” (mantle), our “montera” (hat). This dance is the dance of the weavers.

Peru’s farmers celebrate throughout the crop growing cycle with special dances to express their thankfulness to Mother Nature.

We're going to the area of the Lampa province, the district of Pucara. The Tarpuy dance is ancestral because the Tarpuy dance was practiced in the planting season which is September, October and November. During this season potatoes are planted, yams are sown, isaño is also sown, as well as quinoa, barley, among other things.

One of the dances that is practiced in the department of Puno, in Acora District, is the dance of the chacarero farmers. This dance is done every year in gratitude for the potato produce. This dance has three stages. The first is when the potato is in full flower. And the second stage is when we take out the produce, the potato, or in any case review how many have been produced.

So this is called collecting the first seed. And the third stage is to the produce that we have received, and dance at the end. And the gentlemen play the instrument to the rhythm of the music that the women dance to, with many colorful skirts. This is closely related to the potato flower because it is not just one color, so that is why the women dress in different colors.

Another one of the dances, we also have in the Puno region, is from the province of Azángaro and from the province of San Antonio de Putina, which is the dance of the Wifala. The Wifala dance represents peace. The Monday of the carnival in the door and around every house, they decorate with a myriad of colors, flowers, can be cantuta, maybe mustard flower. This is the Taripacuy. After this, the carnival starts.

You have Carnival Monday, Carnival Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, which is the most important that is danced in the fields because there has been an answer from the Pachamama, because there has been produce and during the carnivals the first of it is harvested and eaten. And in gratitude, people, the inhabitants are happy and dance to the beat of the pinquillos and unucajas. The Pinquillo is a wind instrument, the unucajas is the drum, with the beating of this dance. And again the dress is colorful.

When dance-loving Peruvians come together, a joyful party follows.

The Qorahuasiri dance is the encounter between two communities on a common border. This dance is performed almost at the end of the carnival. We call it the final part of the carnival, the Cacharpari. In this dance, couples from both communities participate. I will pass to sister Yola Catacora Chura, who also is going to share which items and things we have at this meeting.

Every year, it is customary to dance between the two borders and we women carry fruit, in our lliclla shawls. We have apple, quince, and both couples meet and partake of them, two women and two men also.

Let’s now enjoy a delightful dance called Wallatas. Dressed in vibrant costumes, the dancers mimic the playful movements of a cheerful bird.

This dance comes from farming communities and Patacancha Huilloc, belonging to the district of Ollantaytambo in the Urubamba province. This dance depicts a beautiful bird named Wallatas, which has black and white plumage and red legs. For you, from the Sacred Valley of the Incas: The Wallatas dance.

I am using a skirt or black pollera, which has a red border. The red border represents the red-legged bird. I have a blanket which in dancing, I move it like the wings of the bird. The blanket covers my arms and so I can represent it is as if it were my wings. I have some sandals, a many-colored cap with braids, and pins which make up the original decoration of the area.

There are different dances in which love is expressed. I'm here because I love the folklore and I like to dance.

We are one big family who spreads our culture, our tradition through dance.

All art forms have something beautiful. I like dance because it belongs to the branch of visual arts. So through it, we will represent the joy of the personalities and inhabitants from their locations.

Our many thanks, Vladimir Llanque Quispe, Yola Catacora Chura, and all others who have so generously given us a glimpse of the wonderful world of Peruvian dance. May this gracious art form long continue to express the warm-hearted people of the nation’s joy and gratitude to the abundance of nature. God bless Peru!

Beautiful viewers, thank you for your cordial presence on today’s A Journey through Aesthetic Realms. Please stay tuned to Supreme Master Television or Vegetarianism: The Noble Way of Living, right after Noteworthy News. Wishing you the best health and most happiness.

Beautiful viewers, thank you for your cordial presence on today’s program. Wishing you the best health and most happiness.
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/10531

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples