Meatout Day discussions focus on the delights of being veg - 21 Mar 2010  
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend    Print

Meatout Day discussions focus on the delights of being veg. 

The international grassroots diet campaign, Meatout Day, took place on Saturday, March 20, as 
activists and participants across the globe had friendly conversations on the vital benefits of plant-based fare. 

Vegan meatout organizer – California, USA (F): Because a lot of our campus isn’t exposed to what a vegetarian or vegan diet is, as you can see through our dining halls, we’re having this event here to show that vegan food is good. It’s healthy and it is delicious as well!

VOICE: It turns out that many Meatout participants had thought already about making the switch.

Meatout participant – California, USA (M): I’ve been interested in vegan food all the time. 

VOICE: Through information booths, vegan food sampling, cooking demonstrations and seminars, the alternative, plant-based diet was seen to appeal to many people, like at this high school in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

SMTV (F):What do you think of the presentation?

Meatout seminar participant – Illinois, USA (F): When I saw the cruelty going on with the turkeys and everything, it really affected me, because I thought that was horrible what they were doing to the animals.

SMTV (F): What do you think about the (vegan) food you sampled?

Meatout participant – Il., USA (F): The food is delicious, I loved it. It’s really good.

VOICE: The Meatout event also brought together individuals considering being veg with those who had already made the transition.

(In Chinese) Meatless advocate – Formosa (Taiwan) (M): From my own experience, after adopting the vegetarian diet, I feel more energetic, and my digestion is better. 

Vegetarian participant – USA (M): I couldn’t eat animals anymore because my heart broke for them

VOICE: In addition to stories/personal experiences, tips on the veg lifestyle were plenty.

Vegan participant – USA (F): The animals are sick. And when you consume animals that are sick, you also get sick. So it’s better to be vegan.

Vegan participant with vegan dog – USA (M): The three oldest living dogs were all vegetarians. (Wow!) So if you want your dog to live a longtime, go vegan!

VOICE: As in years past, the annual Meatout served as a boost to becoming veg – whether for health, the animals, or the planet.

Meatout participant (M): That transition into full vegetarianism…

SMTV (F): That’d be great!

Meatout participant (M): Yeah! It makes me feel pretty good about myself and the environment.

VOICE: Following Meatout Day, participants were also encouraged to continue their veg transition by starting with weekly “Meatout Mondays.” Citizens in Australia shared their support.

Veg citizen – Australia (F):
You can go meat-free seven days a week and it’s still pretty good.

Meatfree advocate – Australia (M): I’m a Meatout Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday anyway. There’s plenty of people on the planet, and wecan’t afford this amountof people to have this amount of livestock basically attached to us. We need to make changes

VOICE: Bravo all Meatout organizers and participants for opening the doors to both dialogue and action on this most relevant topic – our diet. Blessed be the world’s combined efforts to make our planet a vegan and peaceful one for all. 

trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/killers/296

::: Killers :::
SOLUTIONS for the PLANET from Supreme Master Ching Hai
Meat
Milk
Alcohol
Drugs
Tobacco
Warning News
Swine Flu Update
Stop Animal Cruelty
Flesh eating is the number one killer