The fate of the world and her trees are in our hands - 21 Oct 2009  
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend    Print

The Earth’s forests are protectors of the environment, helping to absorb excess greenhouse gases and purifying rivers and streams. As conveyed in Supreme Master Ching Hai’s #1 international best-selling book, “The Noble Wilds,” they also provide a beautiful safe-haven for humans and animals alike.

Following its recent launch, the German version of “The Noble Wilds” topped the Young Readers’ category at the major online bookstore

This successful edition’s book launch was celebrated in a videoconference held at the 61st Frankfurt Book Fair on October 18, with invited guest of honor Supreme Master Ching Hai.

During the event, Supreme Master Ching Hai cautioned that the forests are disappearing due to encroachment by livestock and that we must act quickly to protect them and the life they support.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: We have only 30% of land that covers the Earth. The rest is 70% is water We have only 30% of land. And of that precious 30%, one-third of is used, not for our true survival, but for livestock pasture or growing tons of grains for animal feed.

All to produce a few pieces of meat. And you swallow it in two seconds. And that few seconds will bring you tons of sickness, disease and suffering sorrow.

If even if we don’t have compassion for the animals, please do have compassion for ourselves.
The meat industry is the one we have to focus on to stop, to abolish. To stop the climate change.

VOICE: We are grateful to all caring participants, and thank Supreme Master Ching Hai for opening our eyes to the splendid yet fragile marvels of our environment.  Let us all join the organic vegan circle so that we may always enjoy our Earth as a wonderland of life.

Please tune in to Supreme Master Television’s Words of Wisdom for the full rebroadcast of this live event at a later date, with multi-language subtitles.