フィンランドの菜食の未来:研究科学者マルクスヴィンナリ博士との対談(フィンランド語)   

( 50 MB )

『I am a vegetarian. I believe that the rest of society should be too, because I have not heard any sensible explanations as to why this should not be the case.』
Markus Vinnari, PhD Finnish research scientist, vegetarian Excerpt from 『The Past, Present and Future of Eating Meat in Finland』

Welcome, intelligent viewers, to our program today. As the tragic effects of climate change continue to threaten the existence of the billions of lives on planet Earth, scientists from all disciplines have made tremendous contributions to propagate the urgent message to halt global warming.

Dr. Markus Vinnari(m): When it will happen, nobody knows, but eventually the human race will either demolish itself - we will not be living on this planet anymore - or then there is the possibility that we become vegetarians, we change our perspective of the nature and other animals, and we will survive.

Dr. Markus Vinnari(m): The whole point of my thesis was that this is possible.

With meat consumption identified as being the leading cause of climate change and a host of other environmental and health problems, concerned experts have joined the mission to outline institutional foundations needed at the societal level to maintain a sustainable planetary home.

One of the pioneer researchers in this respect is the Finnish economic sociologist Dr. Markus Vinnari, a researcher at the Turku School of Economics' Finland Futures Research Centre, housed in the University of Turku in Tampere, Finland.

In March 2010, Dr. Vinnari presented a doctoral dissertation entitled, 『The Past, Present and Future of Eating Meat in Finland.』 This is the first doctorate level research that provides social and economic analysis pointing towards a vegetarian and vegan human society in the next 50 years.

Dr. Markus Vinnari(m): I have been interested in vegetarianism for quite a long time. One of the reasons why I continued to go to education in the Technical University in Tampere, was that I was interested in the environmental impacts that meat eating has.

And I went there in order to find out how much pollution actually meat eating produces. And over there the evidence is quite strong. And if you look at the philosophical points, those are the philosophers have been doing their work for quite a long time and that's the strongest base. And then when you look at the arguments that why you should eat meat those are actually quite weak; you can't make any sense out of those.

Dr. Markus Vinnari's work, 『The Past, Present and Future of Eating Meat in Finland,』 can be freely accessed at: www.tse.fi/en, search word 『vegetarianism』

関連リンク

プラネットアース:愛のわが家: 動物性製品:地球を苛み、生命を危険にさらす

プラネットアース: 愛のわが家 畜産業:オーストラリア及び他の地域で森林を破壊し気候変動を進行させる

プラネットアース:愛のわが家: 畜産業‐生態系のバランスへの脅威

プラネットアース:愛のわが家 工場式養豚業の破壊的影響1/2

プラネットアース: 愛のわが家 廃墟の海域-地球上の魚の消失

プラネットアース 愛のわが家 「地球の生物多様性の急激な絶滅の犯人畜産業」

PLANET EARTH: OUR LOVING HOME “Changes in Climate, Changes in Lives” - A Message from Greenpeace Brasil, P1/2 (In Portuguese)

PLANET EARTH:OUR LOVING HOME Vegan: The Fastest Way to a Cooler Planet P1/4

PLANET EARTH:OUR LOVING HOME Dr. Rajendra K. Pachauri-Global Warning: The Impact of Meat Production and Consumption on Climate Change P1/2

スプリームマスターチンハイと気候変動会議
スプリームマスターチンハイ環境を語る
Videoconference with Supreme Master Ching Hai and TV staff
Lectures from International Gatherings in 2008 and 2009
スプリームマスターチンハイの簡単で栄養ある料理
ブリザリアン(気食主義者)
The King & Co.
Aphorisms scrolls
各月のアワードのスクロール
発展的なニュース スクロール
Peace & Freedom Scrolls
Supreme Master Ching Hai's Aphorisms