Media report: A more in-depth look at Mongolia’s veg trend - 4 Jul 2010  
email to friend  これについてメールを送る    印刷

The media portal EurasiaNet.org, which analyzes developments in Central Asia and the Caucasus, recently featured an entry titled “Vegging Out in Mongolia” by Turkey-based correspondent Yigal Schleifer.
His article was a response to one contributed earlier the same month by EurasiaNet colleague Andrew Cullen, called “Vegetarians Rebel Against Mongolia Meat Culture,” about the surprising new popularity of plant-based dining in a country more known for its herding culture.

Mr. Schleifer wrote:“Andrew Cullen's great EurasiaNet piece from June 3 about the budding vegetarian scene in Mongolia stayed with me for quite some time after reading it. I decided to write Andrew, asking him to give the story behind the story about how he came to explore this unlikely veggie scene.

VOICE: Mr. Cullen’s response indicated that the veg restaurants he had visited throughout Mongolia were largely unified in a distinct philosophy towards life. He wrote: “What really drew me to the trend as a story, besides the surprise factor of people from a country that is inextricably linked to livestock and meat-eating turning towards vegetarianism, was the spiritual undertones that link the whole veggie scene here.

‘I have a problem with lamas eating meat…’ Altanzaya, the co-owner of what is perhaps Mongolia’s most popular vegetarian restaurant, Luna Blanca, told me.
‘…How can you pray for all sentient beings and still want to eat meat?’ she asked.

VOICE: Mr. Cullen further highlighted his experience at one vegan restaurant chain, Loving Hut, the fast-growing international enterprise encouraged and supported by Supreme Master Ching Hai.

“I would guess that at least half the restaurants are owned by the Supreme Master's followers. Somehow, the Supreme Master has inspired a level of devotion that few other religious strains can claim in Mongolia, and it is probably the most powerful force driving the spread of vegetarianism in the country.”

VOICE: He concluded with his observation of the other reasons that have convinced many Mongolians to choose meat-free fare. “Mongolia's vegetarians tend to be incredibly serious about their lifestyle. …

They believe very strongly that vegetarianism has a powerful, positive impact on their health. Many also feel that being vegetarian is key to stopping climate change and, essentially, saving the world. …
Ultimately, people being concerned about their health and the environment, and making conscious decisions to benefit their bodies and their world, is not going to be a bad thing for Mongolia.”

VOICE: We appreciate correspondents Yigal Schleifer, Andrew Cullen, and EurasiaNet for sharing with readers your thoughtful insights about this beneficial new trend in Mongolia. May similar tidings be heard from all corners of the globe as more and more people switch to the kind and revitalizing veg fare.

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/61326
http://www.eurasianet.org/node/61212
trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/killers_jp/365

::: キラー :::
スプリームマスターチンハイによる地球の抱える問題の解決法
Milk
アルコール
薬物
タバコ
警告ニュース
豚インフルエンザ更新情報
ストップ動物虐待