(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available) Vegan Tofu “Eggs” Benedict (Serves 4 – 6)
8 slices of bread, toasted
2 tomatoes, ¼ inch slices
1 bunch of kale,
chopped and blanched
Hollandaise sauceSizzling Tempeh Bacon
8 ounce package tempeh
⅓ cup tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos or Coco Aminos
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
Dash of black pepperTofu Scramble
1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, pressed if needed then crumbled
⅓ cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos or Coco Aminos
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon coriander
Olive oil spray, for panHollandaise Sauce
1 package silken tofu
½ cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon white or yellow miso
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1 lemon, juiced
½ teaspoon turmeric
Dash of black pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon arrowroot (or cornstarch)
Unsweetened non-dairy milk as needed (optional to thin sauce)Passionate Dreamsicle
2 frozen bananas
1 – 1½ cup rice milk
½ cup orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
½ teaspoon vanilla flavoring
1 – 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
Soy whip and
orange zest, for topping (optional)
- Slice the tempeh into little slices.
- Prepare the marinade for the tempeh by mixing the tamari (Bragg
liquid amino), the liquid smoke, sesame oil, maple syrup, apple cider
vinegar, dried thyme, paprika powder, and black pepper powder.
- Coat each piece of tempeh in the marinade, and let it marinate
for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, drain the remaining marinade sauce and bake the
tempeh at 375 degrees. Safe the marinade sauce for later usage.
- Meanwhile, prepare the kale by wash it and chop them into a
little bit smaller pieces.
- How to cut is just put the vegetable at a 45 degree angle and
slice it on the diagonal and make thin cuts.
- Blanch the kale in a medium saucepan and put about 2 or 3
inches of water in and let the water boil. Put the kale into the boiling
water and press it down.
- Let kale in water for only a very short time and take them out
of the water.
- When one side of the tempeh is brown enough, flip each piece
and then bake it for another 15 minutes.
- If it is looking a little bit dry on the bottom, pour a little
bit of the marinade sauce in the pan.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread which will become the bottom layer
of the Benedict.
- Slice a big round tomato for the Benedict. 3 slices per
- Mix the scrambled tofu with some nutritional yeast.
- Add in the coriander and oregano.
- Add in the tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos or Coco Aminos.
- Stir this well until all the tofu is completely covered with
- Let the tofu marinate for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Spray some olive oil on a non-stick pan.
- Let it heat up a moment.
- Pour in the tofu mixture. Spread it evenly on the pan surface.
- Let one side of the tofu mixture cook for about 5 minutes on a
- Flip the tofu, and let the other side cook.
- Put the silken tofu in a bowl.
- Add in the nutritional yeast, the turmeric powder, paprika
powder, the miso, a dash of pepper, the tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos or
- Add a little bit of lemon juice and arrowroot or any kind of
starch as a thickener.
- Add unsweetened plain rice milk or soya milk, or almond milk.
- Add some salt if needed.
- Mix them all.
assemble the Benedict:
- Get 2 pieces of bread as the bottom.
- Layer the tomatoes on top of the bread. 3 tomatoes for each
- Add the tempeh bacon.
- Put the kale. You can pile it on or serve it on the side,
however you like.
- Sprinkle the tofu on.
- Drizzle the Hollandaise sauce on.
- Add a dash of paprika on the top as a garnish.
- The Vegan Eggs Benedict is ready to be served.
- Use 1 cup of rice milk and pour it into the blender.
- Add in some squeezed fresh orange juice.
- Add in orange zest.
- Add in the frozen bananas.
- Add in the vanilla flavoring or vanilla extract.
- Add in a touch of maple syrup.
- Blend them up and pour it into a nice glass.
- Take a little bit of the zest and sprinkle it along the top.
- Ready to be served.