For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available (Serves 2 people)
1–2 new potatoes
4 veggie patties
2–4 Brussels sprouts
2–4 baby carrots
Noodles Tomato Sauce:
Vegan Worcestershire sauce
Corn starch (optional)
Mixed herb spices
¼ teaspoon fruit and vegetable seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Boil some water in a wok.
- Meanwhile lightly cross cut the tomato skin, do not cut it too deep.
- Cook the tomatoes in the hot boiling water for 5 minutes. This way will make it easier to peel off the tomato skin.
- Blend the tomatoes in a blender and make them itu purée and then put them in a bowl.
- Using the previous hot water, cook the carrots and the celery.
- Cover the lid back.
- When the carrots and celery are fully cooked, put them with the blended tomatoes and blend them again.
- Pour the freshly blended tomato sauce into the wok and let it cook.
- While it’s cooking, add the seasoning: ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of sugar, ¼ teaspoon of fruit and vegetable seasoning.
- Add in some tomato paste, some Worcestershire sauce, about 2 teaspoon would be fine.
- To make a creamier sauce, add in the corn starch while cookint the tomato sauce and keep strring to avoid any lumps.
- Add some mixed herb spices as preference.
- When the tomato sauce boils, add the soy sauce as the very last step so there won’t be any sourness. Mix them well.
- Set it aside and let it cool.
- The tomato sauce is ready.
- Boil some water in a pot, and when the water boils, add in some potatoes, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and baby carrots. Cook them all together.
- Put on the lid, and let it cook for a while.
- Do not overcooked them.
- Broccoli is the first vegetable to be taken out from the boiling water.
- Next, is the baby carrots, and then the Brussels sprouts, and the potatoes lastly.
- Put some olive oil into the wok. When the oil is heated, stir-fry the noodles until the smells come out.
- Add the tomato sauce, pour it in.
- Adding more is better.
- Mix the noodle and the tomato sauce.
- Turn off the heat, place the noodle into a big plate.
- Meanwhile, take a heart shape mould, fill up the mould with veggies patty paste. Fill it firmly, fully, leaving no gaps.
- Place the moulds into the pan with boiling water and then steam it for about 5 minutes.
- If there is no veggie patty paste in the market, just use a large veggie patty in the market.
- Place the veggie patty on a big plate, take the mould, and press it down firmly with forces. The heart shape veggie patty is ready.
- Or just get a shape using a mould, and then cut the patty out using scissorscut along the side of the patty mould. The heart shape veggie patty is ready.
- After 5 minutes, take the mould, place it on a cutting board, and fl;ip the mould upside down or use the pointed tip of a knife to separate the veggy patty from the mould slowly.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, add in the veggie patty on low heat.
- Add in the potatoes that we’ve just boiled.
- Fry both sides of the veggie patty and the potatoes until they all golden brown.
- Arrange the veggie patty and the vegetables on a nice dish. Add some lettuce for decoration.
- Arrange the noodle on the dish.
- Put some tomato sauce over the patty, spread it evenly over the patty.
- Add some mixed herb spices, sprinkle them along the side for decoration.
- Ready to be served.