美好人,美好事 「智慧環保」組織:積極建構永續世界的行動智庫   
Play with windows media ( 35 MB )

HOST: Gracious viewers, hallo and welcome to today’s Good People, Good Works, featuring an interview with Mia MacDonald, the vegan founder and executive director of the non-profit organization Brighter Green.
Based in New York City, USA, the organization’s dedicated members use their wide range of skills and knowledge to help create a better world for humans, animals, and our planet. 

Mia MacDonald (f): Brighter Green is a public policy 『action tank,』 and it was established to look at issues of environment, animals and sustainability, bring those together, transform public policy and dialogue about those issues globally and locally, with a particular focus on issues of equity and rights.

So when I say 『public policy,』 I mean government policies; I also mean the way society views certain issues.  And our goal is really to do thinking, so we’re like a think tank, but we call ourselves an 『action tank』 because while we’re thinking, we’re also doing.

We’re taking the results of our research, our writing, our thinking, some international networking, to transform those into actual programs and actual change on the ground.

For more details on Brighter Green,
please visit  www.BrighterGreen.org

相關節目

美好人,美好事 「解放兒童」組織:以拯救孩童來改變世界(二集之一)
Play with flash player Play with windows media

美好人,美好事 新樓蘭計畫:復育中國塔克拉瑪干沙漠的綠洲(中文)

美好人,美好事 碧昂卡與麥可亞立山大:引領媒體邁向覺醒的星球(二集之一)

美好人,美好事 「國際救濟及教堂服務」組織

美好人,美好事 路易斯.羅培茲:培養下一代的回收觀念