強納森貝肯伯博士剖析動物驚人的知能(三集之一)   
第1 集 Play with windows media ( 35 MB )
第2 集 Play with windows media ( 35 MB )
第3 集 Play with windows media ( 35 MB )

Dr Balcombe :Scientists are now asking very interesting questions about animal emotions, animal minds and cognition, animal communication, even animal virtue.

Do animals have similar feelings of love, happiness and sadness as humans? Are there animals who possess superior memories than humans?
How do some animals seem able to predict natural phenomena before they occur?

Halo, kind viewers. Let’s discover the answers to these questions and more on Animal World: Our Co-Inhabitants as we explore the intriguing inner world of animals. International #1 bestselling author of the books, 『The Birds in My Life,』 『The Dogs in My Life』 and 『The Noble Wilds,』 Supreme Master Ching Hai has often spoken about the highly sentient and noble beings we call animals.

Excerpt from Supreme Master Ching Hai’s lecture:『Shiva’s 112 Ways of Concentration』 December 24, 1995 – Hsihu, Formosa (Taiwan) DVD 519

Supreme Master Ching Hai: Animals are extremely intelligent. Intelligent. There is no doubt, and we know that, too. Even pigs, house pets, they are known for their quality of faithfulness, loyalties, friendliness, and helpfulness in time of trouble. In your newspapers, printed everyday some miracles done by animals. Like dogs rescue children from burning house, pig runs many miles to rescue his owner. Horses stay with the tomb of his master until his death. He never eats anything.

Or some dog never leaves the tomb of his master, etc., etc. So many, many things. So it is not funny that the humans sometimes think animals are better than us, yes?

It could be, in some aspects, it could be true. After all, all beings are created by God anyhow, so why not they have the God spark inside them like we do? It’s just because they are in a different form and they use different languages doesn't mean they are in any way less worthy than us.

Through further studies and observations, humans are gaining a greater understanding of the sophisticated social systems, depth of cognition and dignified principles of the furry, finned and feathered residents of this planet. 

Our 3-part series features Dr. Jonathan Balcombe, a leading behavioral research scientist and author of『The Use of Animals in Higher Education: Problems, Alternatives and Recommendations,』 Pleasurable Kingdom: Animals and the Nature of Feeling Good』 and 『Second Nature: The Inner Lives of Animals.』

A new book by Dr. Balcombe will be released in May titled, 『The Exultant Ark – A Pictorial Tour of Animal Pleasure.』 As a respected speaker, Dr. Balcombe has travelled around the globe, giving presentations and raising awareness about the values, psychology, intelligence and emotions of our animal friends.

He has written numerous scientific papers and articles published in prestigious academic journals and magazines such as the 『Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science,』 『British Medical Journal,』 『Journal of Consciousness Studies,』 『Animal Behavior,』 『Canadian Field-Naturalist』
and many others. 

Dr. Balcombe has said, 『As science continues to make new discoveries about animal minds and feelings, I hope it strikes a chord for more considerate, ethical treatment of animals.』

Jonathan Balcombe: In my opinion, the only difference between a human and an animal is same as the difference between a pig and a cow, or chicken and starling. They’re different species.

So I think we need to recognize and celebrate the diversity of life and recognize that all species have their own values.

For more information on Dr. Jonathan Balcombe, please visit:
www.jonathanbalcombe.com

與清海無上師視訊會議探討氣候變遷
清海無上師談環保
與清海無上師和電視臺員工視訊
Lectures from International Gatherings in 2008 and 2009
清海無上師簡易營養的烹飪
食氣者
皇帝與百官
Aphorisms scrolls
每月英雄榜
精選榜單