杜拜動物救援中心:阿拉伯聯合大公國愛的綠洲(阿拉伯語)   
Play with windows media ( 44 MB )

Thoughtful viewers, we invite you to travel with us today to Dubai of the United Arab Emirates to visit the Dubai Animal Rescue Centre, an animal sanctuary founded by the compassionate Ayesha Kelaif.

Ayesha (f): To me a dog, or a cat, or any pet is like a human. They need the basics that we need: food, water, shelter and kindness.

HOST: Ayesha Kelaif was born in Sri Lanka to a British father and Portuguese-Dutch mother. In her childhood, she frequently moved and had little opportunity to establish lasting friendships with people, but she found comfort and companionship through animals.

Ayesha (f): Actually, since I was a kid, I was always involved with animals, and I always had a passion for animals. So, it's been in my life ever since I can remember.

As an animal lover, you know, I thought I want to do something different. That was like 11 years ago, I rescued my first cat and then as it grew, and I met a lot of nice people who work with me right now who helped me.

There are a lot of volunteers, members; I have a great team who are always ready to help animals and in the daily care of running DARC.

HOST: Now living in Dubai with her husband and three children, the family's villa in Al Barsha has become the Dubai Animal Rescue Centre, which provides a haven for a large variety of abused, injured and abandoned animals.

The refuge provides specialized food, shelter and medical care to meet the needs of all of its unique rescues. The residents all live harmoniously in this oasis in the middle of Dubai.

For more details on the Dubai Animal Rescue Centre, please visit
www.darcuae.com

相關節目

善心的回報:捨己救人的動物英雄
Play with flash player Play with windows media

全球優秀英雄獎與愛心獎:獵犬蘇西與國際動物救援組織

從養殖動物到拯救動物:楓樹農場庇護所的雀麗.凡德司路易斯(二集之一)

泰國流浪狗基金會

全球優秀愛心獎:靈長類救援與復原中心(西班牙語)