- Add red apples or pears in, 2 tablespoons organic sugar, and 2 tablespoons water into pan, turn heat to medium, cook for 15 minutes until water has reduced. Turn off heat.
- Use the potato masher to mash red apples.
- Add 3/4 cup of water, 2 tablespoons corn starch, grated orange rind, 1 cup of squeezed orange juice, some baking soda into a blender, blend them well.
- Add sugar and oil into a bowl, mix well.
- Mix well the 2 mixtures above together.
- Add flour in gradually and use a stick to mix it well until it’s is spongy, soft enough, easy to knead.
- Use hand to knead it into soft dough, but not sticky.
- Rest dough in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take out a piece of dough, use the rolling pin to roll dough out to the piece less than 1 inch thick then put it in the pie dish. Put some flour on the table, rolling pin, and hand, to keep it from sticking to the table. Don’t use more flour than necessary, so that it won’t be too hard.
- Neatly trim off the extra.
- Add in the filling.
- Use the extra dough to make the woven crust on top of the filling.
- Put in the oven, put a tray of water underneath so the base of the pie won’t burn, oven should be medium to high, bake until the pie is golden.
* Spread some corn syrup on top of baked pie.
* Sprinkle some coconut flakes on top.
* Cut a piece of pie, lay out on a plate. Leave some raisin and nuts next to it, and serve.