- Cut up pumpkins, put it in a pan and add 1 cup of water.
- Put heat on high and cover it. Bring it to boil, then let it simmer for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- When pumpkin is soft, mash it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, about ½ teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/8 of a teaspoon of sea salt, and ½ a cup of barley malt, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Mix well.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of kuzu power with some water, then pour into the filling. Mash it well.
- Put some whole wheat pastry flour into a bowl, add a pinch of salt, use whisk to mix that up.
- Add about 1/8 cup of canola oil, knead it well.
- Add about ½ a cup of water to that dough. Knead well, and add just enough water to make it stay together. Form it into a ball and leave it rest there for a few minutes.
- Roll it out thinly on a cutting board, then put it into a baking pan, pull the dough out to fit the pan.
- Tear off all excess around the plate. Use a fork to touch on it and put the little indentations around to make it pretty.
- Poke some holes at the bottom so it doesn’t bubble up and cook unevenly.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Baking the pie:
- Pour the pumpkin into the pie shell. Smooth it out.
- Grab 1 cup of walnut, and just sprinkle on top of the pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes.
VEGETARIANISM: A MART WAY OF LIVING