공장식 돼지농장과 무고한 생명들 - 2009년 5월 24일  
email to friend  친구에게 보내기   이 비디오를 개인 홈페이지나 블로그에 게시하시려면 다음 버튼을 눌러 동영상 소스를 복사하세요.  동영상 소스 복사   프린트

돼지독감이 미국에서 계속 확산되는 가운데 신종 돼지 독감이 영국,일본, 호주, 일본, 호주, 포모사 (대만), 홍콩, 중국, 쿠웨이트에서도 보고되었습니다.

현재 43개 국가에서 12,000명 이상의 감염이 확인되었습니다. 영국 케임브리지 대학과 미국 질병통제센터의 과학자들은 돼지들에 대한 관찰을 확대할 것을 권고하고 있으며, 이 바이러스는 수년 간 탐지되지 않은 채 퍼져왔습니다.

또한 돼지 독감은 공장식 농장을 감시 받게 했고 식용 돼지를 사육하는 것에 대해 새 논란을 가져왔으며 사람들은 비위생적이고 좁은 환경에 의문을 가졌습니다.

실제로 일부 사람들은 돼지들을 결코 먹을 수 없는 친절한 동물 친구로 여겨왔습니다. 미국 테네시의
리처드와 로라 호일은 1980년 대에 패디 머피를 입양하여 이들 독특한 존재들에 대해 많은 것을 배웠습니다. 이 배불뚝이 동물친구와 나눈 그들의 경험은 이 두 사람이 배불뚝이 돼지들, 실험실용 돼지들, 공장식 농장의 돼지를 위한 돼지 보존 구호소를 설립하도록 만들었습니다.

전화 인터뷰에서 호일 씨는 패디 머피가 손이 있는 것도 아니고 문을 열만큼 큰 것도 아닌데 그를 따르기
위해 문의 걸쇠를 푸는 것을 보고서 돼지가 지능이 있음을 발견했다고 했습니다.

리처드 호일 : 그녀는 문의 작동법을 이해하고 그 이상을 할 수 있었어요. 그녀는 말했지요, "좋아,그는 손을 사용하지만 난 손이 없어 무얼 이용하지?그가 손으로 하는 일과 똑같은 일을 하려면 내 몸을 어떻게 사용해야 할까?" 그것으로 저는 돼지가 높은 지능과 기본적인 추론 능력이 있다는 걸 알게 되었어요.

수프림 마스터 텔레비전: 개들보다 돼지들이 더 영리할 거라고 사람들이 말하는데, 동의하십니까?

리처드 호일: 제겐 8마리 개와 6-70마리의 총명한 돼지들이 있어요. 지능과 관련해 돼지들이 개보다 낫다고 생각해요. 그들은 매우 지적이고 사교적인 동물이며 정말 사람을 좋아해요.

어느 날 밤 전 햄을 썰고 있었고 패디 머피는 제 발과 발가락 주변을 코로 파헤치고 있었어요
그리고 갑자기 불빛이 켜지듯이 생각이 떠올랐어요. 내 접시에 있는 한 조각의 고기와 제 발가락 주변을 헤치며 구두끈을 풀려고 하는 경이로운 작은 동물 사이에는 결코 다른 점이 없었지요.

그 순간 나와 아내는 돼지고기를 먹는 것을 포기하고 그 후로 3-4개월 만에 완전 채식인이 되었습니다.
느낌이나 감정이 있는 사람이면 누구나 돼지를 이해할 수 있으며 돼지 고기를 계속 먹지 않을 것입니다.

리포터: 순수한 돼지 친구들을 위한 자애로운 봉사와 즐겁고 지적인 우정을 이해하도록 우리를 돕고 있는 호일씨 부부에게 진심으로 감사합니다. 사랑하는 이를 잃은 분들께 애도를 표하며 돼지독감 질병으로 인한 사람들의 고통이 종식되길 계속 기원합니다. 또한 지구의 모든 존재들이 건강과 조화 속에 공존하는 날을 고대합니다.

While continuing to spread in the Americas, new cases of the swine flu have also just been reported in the UK, Japan, Australia, Formosa (Taiwan), Hong Kong, China, and Kuwait.

The total is now well over 12,000 confirmed cases across 43 countries, including 86 fatalities.Scientists from the UK’s Cambridge University and the US Centers for Disease Control are recommending increased monitoring of pig populations, saying that the virus has been circulating undetected for many years.

The swine flu has also placed factory farms under scrutiny and led to renewed discussions about raising pigs for food, as people question their unsanitary, cramped conditions.

In fact, some have come to view pigs as heartwarming animal companions that could never be consumed. Richard and Laura Hoyle from Tennessee, USA, are two such persons who learned much more about these unique beings when they adopted Paddy Murphy in the 1980s. Their experience with this pot-bellied animal companion led the couple to found the Pig Preserve, a rescue shelter for pot bellied pigs, former laboratory pigs and former factory farmed pigs.

In a phone interview, Mr. Hoyle described how he discovered porcine intelligence, when Paddy Murphy learned how to unlatch a gate to follow him, despite not having the hands nor the height to open it as he did.

Richard Hoyle (M): She could figure out how the gate worked, and she was able to go beyond that and say, “Okay, he uses hands, I don’t have hands. Now what? How can I use my body to accomplish the same thing that he’s doing with his hands?” That shows me not only a lot of intelligence but the ability to do some basic reasoning.

SupremeMasterTV (F): They say like pigs are perhaps even smarter than dogs. Would you agree?

Richard Hoyle (M): I’ve got eight dogs and about 60 or 70 pigs here, and intelligence-wise I’ll take the pigs over the dogs, in terms of intelligence. They are very intelligent, very social animals. They really enjoy people.

One night I was carving a ham and Paddy Murphy was just kind of rooting around my feet and my toes. And all of a sudden it was like a light bulb came on and said there’s absolutely no difference between the piece of meat on my plate and the wonderful little animal who’s rooting around my toes and untying my shoelaces, than size.

And I think at that point my wife and I both gave up eating pork, and within three or four months after that we were total vegetarians. I just don’t see how anybody with any feelings or emotions at all can get to know a pig and continue to eat pork.

VOICE:
Our deep gratitude, Mr. and Mrs. Hoyle for your compassionate service to our innocent pig friends, and for helping us to understand their delightful, intelligent company. As we sorrow for those who have suffered loss and continue to pray for the end of people’s suffering from the swine flu illness, we also look forward to the time when all beings co-exist in health and harmony on Earth.