돼지독감, 환자 공식 통계보다 훨씬 많을 수도 - 2009년 5월 26일  
email to friend  친구에게 보내기   이 비디오를 개인 홈페이지나 블로그에 게시하시려면 다음 버튼을 눌러 동영상 소스를 복사하세요.  동영상 소스 복사   프린트

세계보건기구(WHO)에 따르면, 온두라스, 아이슬란드, 체코에서 새로운 사례들이 처음 나타남에 따라 확인된 전체 감염자 수가46개국에서 12,500명을 넘어섰다고 합니다. 멕시코, 미국, 캐나다에서 새로운 사망자가 발생하여 현재 사망자수는 100명에 임박합니다. 한편 영국과 스페인 특히 아태지역에서 사례들이 계속 증가 중이며 아태 지역과 일본의 새로운 사례는 중국, 홍콩, 필리핀, 한국, 호주를 포함한 나라들 중에 가장 높습니다. 그러나 영국 최고의 바이러스학자이며 보건보호기관의 존 옥스포드 교수는 영국에서 돼지독감는 정부평가보다 실제로는 300배 이상 확산됐을 거라고 발표했으며 이것은 약 30,000명 정도가 감염됐을 수 있음을 의미합니다. 이와 비슷하게 미국 질병통제예방센터는 20건의 실제 사례 중에서 1건 만이 공식 보고되고 있고 실제적인 미국의 신종플루 감염자는 10만 명 이상일 거라고 말했습니다.

이것은 다른 국가의 정부 통계도 상당히 과소평가되었음을 의미합니다. 전문가들은 돼지독감과 같은 전염병에 감염되기 쉬운 것은 우리가 많은 돼지와 동물들을 가축으로 계속 감금하여 사육했기 때문이라고 지적했습니다. 수프림 마스터 TV는 미국 캘리포니아의 농장동물 구조센터인 에니멀 에이커의 보호책임자인 프랭크 알렌씨와 대화했는데 그는 구조된 농장 돼지들의 지능과 풍부한 감정적 삶에 대해 이야기했습니다.

프랭크 알렌 (미국 동물보호구센터 애니멀 에이커스 담당자, 비건채식인): 그들은 놀길 좋아해요. 산에서 막대기를 가져오기도 합니다. 여러분이 그걸 던지면 쫓아가서 여러분에게 돌려주지요. 열심히 자신을 훈련시킵니다. 정말 놀랍고 매우 영리하며 깨끗한 동물입니다. 여러분이 그들의 배를 문지르면 마치 개가 등으로 구르듯이 넘어질 것입니다. 소나 돼지들을 알고 친구가 되어 그들을 좋아한다면 여러분에게 놀라움을 선사할 거예요. 사람들이 밖에 나가 동물들을 보고 실제로 만나본다면 더 많은 사람들이 "와!"라고 말하며, 우리가 그들에게 하는 것을 생각하고 통탄할 겁니다. 그 동안 내가 먹었던 모든 돼지고기와 소시지가 생각하면 정말 울고 싶어요. 저는 농장주 존의 도살장 안에 있었는데, 정말 당혹스러웠고 곳곳을 돌아볼 때마다 눈물이 났습니다.

돼지독감은 감금으로 화제가 된 조류독감과 거의 같습니다. 그들은 "모든 이를 먹이기 위해 이 동물들을 감금해야 한다"고 말하지요. 그것은 우리가 앞으로 더 많은 이상한 질병들을 얻을 수 있음을 뜻합니다. 이 돼지독감으로 더 많은 사람들이 음식 선택에 대해 생각해보고 비건이 되는 것을 생각해 봐야 합니다. 이것이 전반적으로 당신과 우리의 동물들 그리고 지구에 더 좋을 것입니다.

리포터: 우리의 친구인 돼지의 사랑스러운 특성과 감성에 대해 더 많이 이해할 수 있게 한 알렌 씨께 감사합니다. 돼지독감으로 목숨을 잃으신 분들을 애도하며 이로 인하여 아직도 고통을 받고 있는 개인과 가정을 위해 기도합니다. 우리 모두가 인류와 동물들 모두를 함께 살릴 수 있는 가장 효과적인 방법인 채식을 채택하길 바랍니다.

According to the World Health Organization, the total number of confirmed cases throughout 46 countries has reached more than 12,500. Cases are still on the rise globally, especially in the Asia-Pacific region, including China, Hong Kong, the Philippines, South Korea, and Australia. However, the United Kingdom’s top virologist, Professor John Oxford of the Health Protection Agency, has stated that the swine flu in the UK is actually about 300 times more pervasive than government estimates, which means that some 30,000 people may have been infected. Similarly in the US, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said that only one in 20 actual cases is officially reported, implying a more realistic US total of over 100,000 people with swine flu. This could mean that the government tallies for other countries are hugely underestimated as well.

Experts have pointed out that susceptibility to epidemics like the swine flu has grown as we continue to confine large numbers of pigs and other animals as livestock. Supreme Master Television spoke with Frank Allen, Sanctuary Manager of Animal Acres, a farmed animal rescue center in California, USA, who spoke about the intelligence and rich emotional lives of rescued farm pigs.

Frank Allen, Sanctuary Manager of Animal Acres in California USA, Vegan (M): They love to play. They'll bring sticks down from the hill and you can throw it and they'll go chase it and bring it back to you. They potty train themselves; it's amazing. They're extremely smart animals; they're extremely clean animals. You rub their belly and they'll fall over on their side, like a dog rolls over on their back. Cows and the pigs really amaze you when you get to know them and befriend them and love them. I think if most people would go out and see these animals, and acutually meet them, more people would be likely to go "Wow!" And sad to think that what we do to them. I think of all the prok and sausages that I used to eat and i just, it makes me wnat to cry. I've been inside Farmer John's slaughterhouse, and it was all I could do not to just break up and cry every time I turned another corner.

Swine flu is just like with avian flu, a confinement issue. What they say is; "In order to feed everbody they have to keep these animals confined," which means we are just going to have more and more of these weird diseases. This swine flu should have scared a lot of people to start thinking about their food choices, and think about going vegetarian and vegan. It'll be better for you, it's better for the animals, it's better for the planet, overall.

VOICE: Thank you, Mr. Allen, for helping us understand more of the sentience and endearing characteristics of our porcine friends. Our prayers for the individuals and families alike who have been adversely affected by the swine flu, as we sorrow for those who have lost their lives. May we all take the most effective step of adopting the plant-based diet, which shall save both human and animal lives.

출처:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25528394-2862,00.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/health-news/uk-swine-flu-toll-is-really-30000-says-leading-scientist-1690130.html