돼지독감 예방위해 삶의 변화 필요 - 2009년 5월 27일  
email to friend  친구에게 보내기   이 비디오를 개인 홈페이지나 블로그에 게시하시려면 다음 버튼을 눌러 동영상 소스를 복사하세요.  동영상 소스 복사   프린트

A(H1N1) 신종플루 환자가 48개국에서 총 12,950명이 확인됐으며 새로운 환자가 푸에르토리코와 바레인에서 보고됐습니다. 사망자수도 95명을 넘어섰습니다. 한 가지 예방조치로 홍콩의 보건부는 주민들이 돼지독감 바이러스에 감염되는 위험을 줄이기 위해 일련의 흡연 중지 프로그램을 발표했습니다. 대변인이 “연구 보고서에 따르면 비흡연자와 비교했을 때 흡연자가 유행성 감기에 감염될 위험이 더 높은 것으로 나타났습니다. 더욱이 흡연자의 사망률은 비흡연자보다 더 높습니다.”라고 전합니다.

반면 비흡연자들은 신종플루에 걸릴 위험성이 아주 낮으며 현재의 고기 생산 시스템과 관련된 전반적인 공중보건을 보호할 효과적인 방법일 수 있습니다. 유행병 전문가들은 고기 수요가 줄지 않는다면 훨씬 더 치명적인 공장식 농장 관련 질병에 직면하게 될 것을 우려합니다.

수프림 마스터 텔레비전은 미국의 돼지 농장 집안에서 비건 제품 판매자로 전환한 랜달 볼 씨와 인터뷰했으며, 그는 비건식(완전채식)으로의 전환이 왜 중요한지 전해주었습니다.

랜달 볼 (지역 유기농 상품 공급처인 ‘라파다이스 재단’ 창설자):
우리 집안은 예전에 이곳 오하이오주에서 돼지 농장주였어요. 아버지는 제가 두 살 때 심장마비로 돌아가셨지요. 우린 돼지 농장주였고 아버지의 형제자매들도 심장마비로 사망했습니다. 이것은 제게 정말 그 관련성에 대해 호기심을 자아냈어요.

제가 공장식 농장을 바라볼 때면 그곳이 내게는 건강과 환경 측면 모두에서 혐오스런 곳으로 묘사될 뿐입니다. 그곳은 사실상 모든 질병의 온상이며 돼지독감(신종플루),조류독감 등은 원래 돼지에게 있던 것이 아닙니다. 사실상 돼지에게 선택권이 주어진다면 지구상에 가장 깨끗한 동물 중 하나지요.

개인적으로 저는 비건(완전채식인)이 된 지 2년이 되어갑니다. 영어 단어로는 표현하기 매우 힘든 무언가를 얻었어요. 그것은 삶에 있어서 더 멋진 관계이며 더 살아있음과 더 따뜻한 환경을 느끼는 것입니다. 우리의 식사와 관련된 이러한 생각으로 이런 고통과 파괴를 야기시키며 이는 우리 삶의 모든 측면으로 전하는 의식과도 같습니다. 우리가 삶을 축하할 것인가요, 아니면 죽음과 파괴를 축하할 것인가요? 그것이 선택입니다.

리포터: 돼지농장이 본인의 삶에 미친 영향에 대한 개인적 경험을 나눠주신 볼씨 께 진심으로 감사합니다. 세계적으로 돼지독감의 영향으로 고통 받는 모든 이들 특히 가족을 잃은 분들과 슬픔을 나누고자 기도합니다. 현명한 비건 생활 방식을 택함으로써 모두가 더 안전한 세상을 향해 깨어나고 함께 삶을 축하하며 미래를 즐기길 바랍니다.

As the total confirmed cases of the A H1N1 swine flu exceeds 12,950 in 48 countries, new cases have been reported from Puerto Rico. The number of fatalities has also risen past 95. As one preventative measure, Hong Kong’s Department of Health has announced a series of smoking cessation programs to help reduce the risk of residents contracting the swine flu virus. A spokesperson stated, “Research studies show a higher risk of influenza infections among smokers when compared with non-smokers. Also, the mortality rate … among smokers is higher than that of non-smokers.”

While non-smokers may indeed be at less risk of contracting swine flu, perhaps an even more effective way to protect the overall public health lies in the current meat production system. Epidemic experts fear that unless demand for meat goes down, we may inevitably face even more factory farm-related diseases.

Supreme Master Television spoke with Randall Ball in the US, a vegan produce distributor from a family of pig farmers, about why he felt it is important to switch to a vegan diet.

Randal Ball – Founder of “Paradise Found” local organic produce distribution service, USA, Vegan (M): My family historically have been pig farmers right here in Ohio. My father died when I was two years old and he died of a heart attack. We were pig farmers, and every single one of his siblings also died of a heart attack. It made me really wonder you know about that connection.

When I look at the factory farms, they can only be described as an abomination to me, both health-wise and from an environmental standpoint. It's a virtual breeding ground for all diseases. Swine flu, bird flu, all these really aren't inherent in pigs. The pig is actually one of the cleanest animals on the planet, if given a choice.

Personally, I've been vegan for coming on two years. I've gained something that's really hard to describe in our English vocabulary, but it's a greater connection with life, and just a feeling of being more alive and a warmer environment. This idea that, with our meals, we cause this suffering and create this destruction, it's just like a ceremony that we carry into every aspect of our life. Are we going to celebrate life or are we going to celebrate death and destruction? That's really the choice.

VOICE: Our sincere thanks, Mr. Ball, for sharing your personal experience about the impact of pig farming in your life. We pray with sadness for the people worldwide suffering from the effects of the swine flu, especially those who have lost loved ones. Through opting for the wise vegan lifestyle, may we all awaken soon to a safer world and enjoy a future that truly celebrates life, together.

출처:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gzz357patY4-QaJFvo9O95zMM_EQD98DSJEO0