돼지독감(신종플루)에 준비 안 된 인간면역체계 - 2009년 5월 31일  
email to friend  친구에게 보내기   이 비디오를 개인 홈페이지나 블로그에 게시하시려면 다음 버튼을 눌러 동영상 소스를 복사하세요.  동영상 소스 복사   프린트

신종플루에 감염된 사람들의 총 인원이 57개국 1만5천5백 여명으로 급증했고110여명이 바이러스로 목숨을 잃었습니다. 지난달에 걸쳐 미국에서만 확인된 감염자의 총 수는 불과 몇 명에서 약9천명으로 늘었습니다. 심지어 검사하지 않은 사람들을 포함하면 실제 감염자 수는10만 명으로 여겨집니다. 최초로 발생하는 국가가 매일 추가되고 있으며 볼리비아, 키프로스, 레바논이 최근에 더해졌습니다.

전문가들은 이것이 수 차례 전염병 물결의 시초에 불과함을 두려워하며 북반구에서는 겨울철 독감계절이 아닌데도 신종플루가 퍼지고 있는 사실은 이 신종 바이러스의 잠재적인 장기간 위협에 대하여 두려움을 일으킵니다. 질병감시 국제협회 연구소장인 돈 오슬론은 “매우 전염성 있는 면역학적으로 신종인 바이러스에 걸리면 여름 내내 전염병을 확산시킬 수 있습니다. 면역의 인구수준은 우리가 일종의 마른 나무처럼 너무나 취약합니다”고 말했습니다

신종플루가 사육된 동물들이 겪는 비참한 상황들에 대한 대중의 인식도를 높임으로써 더 많은 사람들이 비건식 콩으로 만든 돼지고기 대용식으로 바꾸고 좋아하고 있습니다. 미국 플로리다에서 수프림마스터TV는 몇몇 비건 소시지 시식 후 시식자들의 소감을 물었습니다.

채드 (비건 돼지고기 시식자, 미국): 음, 맛이 훌륭하네요. 매우 훌륭해요 두부로 된 같은데 두부로 된 같은데 맛이 좋아요.

도비다스 (초보 비건): 분명 고기 같은데 아니네요. 고기가 전혀 아니에요. 맛이 좋아요

에이미 (비건 돼지고기 시식자): 매우 부드러웠고 질감도 좋았어요.

모빈 멜빈 (채식주의자 연예인): 맛보기 시작했는데 “좋아,이게 정말 좋아”라고 생각해요. “좋아,나도 비건이 될 수 있어”라고 생각하게 했어요.
맞아요, 당신도 해보세요 많은 사람들이 “하기에는 좀”이라 생각하는데 아뇨, 좋아요. 해보세요.

리포터: 채식대용품으로 공장식 축산농장의 오염과 동물의 큰 고통과 전세계적 보건 위험이 없어질 수 있다면 시식자들이 대용품 선택을 고려할지 물어봤습니다.

에이미: 네, 제가 늘 가질 수 있다면 분명히 대용품을 선택할 거에요.

채드: 당연히 대용품을 먹을 거에요. 동물이었고 동물이 고통 받은 것을 먹기 전에 말입니다. 돼지독감이나 다른 형태의 전염병에 대해 뭔가 할 수 있다면 훌륭할 거에요.

리포터: 시식 후 비건 돼지고기 제품에 대한 의견을 공유해 준 참가자에 감사합니다.
한편으로 현재 감염에 쓰러진 사람들과 가족 및 고통 받는 이들의 지역사회에
우리의 슬픔이 계속 퍼지고 있습니다. 모든 인류의 이로움을 위해 돼지와 다른 육류 제품에서 완전하고 맛있는 비건 대용품으로 신속히 옮기길 기도합니다.

The total number of  swine flu-infected people has surged to more than 15,500 in 57 countries, with over 110 people who have lost their lives to the virus. Over the past month, the total number of infected people confirmed in the US alone rose from just a handful to around 9,000. Even so, the actual number of affected people, including those who were not tested, is believed to be as high as 100,000. Countries with first-ever cases are added virtually daily, the latest including Bolivia, Cyprus, and Lebanon.

Experts fear that this may only be the beginning of multiple waves of the epidemic. The fact that swine flu is spreading even while it is not the winter flu season in the northern hemisphere has raised fears about this new virus’s potential long term threat. As the International Society for Disease Surveillance research director Don Olson explained, “When you have a highly transmissible, immunologically novel virus, you can have widespread epidemics throughout summer. Our population level of immunity is just poor enough that we're kind of like dry wood.”

With swine flu having raised the level of public awareness about the deplorable conditions endured by livestock-raised animals, more people are turning to vegan, soy-based pork alternatives – and loving it! Supreme Master Television in Florida, USA, asked tasters for their comments after sampling some vegan sausage.

Chad – Tasting vegan pork, USA (M) : Mmm. This tastes wonderful! Very wonderful! It’s got to be some sort of tofu, but it does have a wonderful flavor to it.

Dovydas – New vegan (M): It looks definitely like meat but it’s not, it’s not meat at all. Tastes great.

Aimee – Tasting vegan pork, USA (F): I thought it was very tender, and it had a good texture to it.

Movin’ Melvin – Vegetarian entertainer (M): Now that I started to taste yours, I think, “Oh, okay. This is really great.” It made me want to think that, “Okay, I can be a vegan also.” That’s it. You got to try it. A lot of people think, “Ah, no it’s going to be…” No, it’s great. You got to try it, I think.

VOICE: Taste testers were asked whether they would consider choosing veg alternatives if it could mean that factory farm pollution, gross animal suffering, and global public health risks could be eliminated.

Aimee (F): Yeah, if it was there for me to have all the time I would definitely choose that. 

Chad (M): I would absolutely eat those before I would eat anything that I thought an animal
had been, had suffered. And if we can do something about swine flu or any other type of epidemic that would be wonderful.

VOICE: We thank the participants who sampled and shared their comments on the vegan pork products. Our sorrow meanwhile continues to go out for those who have succumbed to
the current contagion as well as families and communities of the afflicted.
We pray for a quick shift away from pig and other meat products to the wholesome, and tasty vegan alternatives for the benefit of all humanity.